2009 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
A Great Alternative
By EJS on 08/22/09 05:53 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We test drove a lot of SUV's-a lot. The sticker shock was, well, shocking. With this Honda, though too small to classify as an SUV, was exactly what we were looking for. The interior quality really sets it apart and was not seen anywhere in this price range. It is very roomy, drives exceptionally well, is quite nimble and gets good gas mileage. However, it is woefully underpowered. This "car/suv" is a great alternative to spending mid forties on another vehicle. And what's really nice, in five years this Honda will have the same trade in value as that 45K SUV we liked and almost bought.

2009 Honda CRV
By R.Kaminski on 08/19/09 05:17 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Not pleased with overall ride. Gas mileage excellent. Went on a 300 mile highway trip and crv was very bumpy, felt almost every bump on highway. Could hear the tires going over every bump inside the car. Outside noise extremely loud inside crv. Needs more insulation to eliminate noise. Headrest very uncomfortable. Other than that crv is ok. Will wait and see how brakes hold up. Other reviews complain about possible brake pads and rotor replacements sooner than most cars. Would not recommend this crv. Unfortunately daughter bought same car and she also experiences same loud noises.

My First Honda
By Harry on 08/18/09 19:22 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I'm really enjoying the CRV. I've owned Toyotas for my last 5 vehicles and may become a long-term Honda fan. This is a well designed and built vehicle. The total package was the selling point: moonroof, stereo, privacy glass, alloys, fit and finish. These were only available in the high end Outback. I go on my first road trip tomorrow and am anxious to see what the gas mileage is. Highly recommend!

Best Value & Performance
By motoguy128 on 08/18/09 12:35 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I compared the Nissan Rogue and RAV4 to the CR-V. For the price, I felt the EX 4WD trim offered the best value compared to the competition. It handles like a much smaller vehicle. Coming from a Nissan Versa, it often feels more nimble and easier to maneuver. The Rogue was a little more responsive once rolling, but the CR-V feels more responsive off the line.

31 MPG From Albany to Riverside
By tsamoni on 08/18/09 10:30 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I am a new father and traded in my Civic Coupe for a family-friendly, but fun-to-drive CR-V. On a recent trip to Albany, NY to Riverside, NJ (250 miles) I averaged 31 MPG--not too bad for a car that is a lot heavier than my 35MPG Civic. This car is great for the guy who is in his early 30's, just starting a family, and who can't see himself in a minivan or a Sedan like the Accord or Camry (too old manish and boring). I have plenty of room for all my daughter's stuff and enough left over for my passengers--even with a car seat installed. Overall, this is a great compromise between style and fun, and necessity and practicality. The CR-V guarantees I will be a Loyal Honda Owner forever!

Wood seats would be more comfortable
By bobincinti on 08/17/09 10:42 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have written a previous review about this vehicle. This has to be one of the most uncomfortable vehicles I have owned. So bad that I traded in a 8 month old 2009 CRV with 12,150 miles for a Mercury Mariner. Dealer said I was the first to trade this vehicle in because there was no data on 2009 trades. My biggest complaint on this car is that they seats are like rocks. I drive 60+ miles per day and bought it for the gas mileage. I was averaging 25.3 mpg, but I was driving a 2001 Nissan Frontier with 162,000 miles more than I was driving this vehicle. I simply hated driving this car.

Fun for the Price
By curtis on 08/16/09 09:35 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Great Car, should last beyond the payments. Front seats are weird, but not too tough, we love it and have seen many on the roads in Florida... Center Console is different, but we're ok with it... Great Job Honda.

Just purchased our 2nd 2009 CR-V LX AWD
By Lebogal on 08/14/09 21:02 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We purchased a CR-V LX AWD in January and have been so pleased with it that we just purchased an additional one today. Price was right - $21,100 for an LX AWD plus tax and title. We have about 4,000 miles on our other CR-V and still have 60% of our oil life remaining. The CR-V was easy to drive in the winter and we didn't have any trouble with driving in the snow.

As advertised
By hack on 08/11/09 08:35 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We recently drove from Minnesota to Maine via Canada, down the East Coast and back to the Midwest with our two kids. Most of what you hear about the CRV is true. There is pronounced road noise on rough pavement, though smooth pavement is fine. The engine has pep in city driving, but acceleration can be sluggish and the engine can feel over-matched on highway merging and some hills - passing is fine. The suspension and seats are a bit stiff, the low-beam lights are poor, but the driver's view, cabin lay-out, and the responsiveness of the steering are excellent. Easily fit a month's worth of gear. Biggest surprise? Very good mileage 28 - 32 at 70+ on the highway. Not a luxury vehicle.

Fun to drive
By penny on 08/07/09 13:37 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I never knew what they mean by fun to drive until I drove my new 2009 CRV EX AWD in Green Tea! I also own a Civic, while a great car with great mileage, it's getting to be too small to be convenient for my family and my dog. Being the first SUV, I was afraid it might be too big to get use to if I switch, but I was surprised to find that CRV drives not much different than my Civic, except much roomier, plenty of space for your legs, head, arms and stuff! Front console is great with useful displays, and the design is very sharp and attractive. Now I look forward drive/riding in my new CRV in the morning to work. Oh I am still trying to improve the mileage by using cruise control. It's decent.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Honda CR-V Suv in VA is:

$117 per month*