Used 2009 Honda CR-V SUV Consumer Reviews - 166 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Love it!
By kimberly

2009 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I love my CR-V! I feel safe behind it which for me is the most important thing! My complaints are minor though I will say the gas mileage isn't so great. But I love how it handles. This is the largest car I've owned and parking it is a breeze.

Dash board displays. Sound system. Safety features. It's fun to drive! Four wheel drive. The the sun roof closes automatically but (see below)

These are minor but I wish I could lock the door while the door is still open so I could put my keys in my purse, close the door and it's already locked. And I wish I could see the clock when the car is turned off. If you're sitting in the car the sun roof stays open (weight sensor perhaps?)

CR-V doesn't run upto its fame
By Zakir Faruquee

2009 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my CR-V from Peoria, IL on December 4, 2008. In summer, I found the AC was not cooling properly I took to the same dealer, they tested and said I should run the AC at Max, CR-V AC performance as it is. This summer, AC was not cooling I took a different dealer, they filled up with gas and they couldn't found the leakage. - When I start the CR-V it makes buzzing noise, it started at beginning of last winter, I took it to a Honda dealer, and they said it's not a safety problem and they are not going to fix it. Besides, I have problems with door lock too. My CR-V is 1.5 years old with a mileage of 18,000 miles and should be covered under warranty?

-Handling and Turning

- AC performance - Engine improvement - Noise reduction - HONDA's needs to improve its customer commitment and services

2009 CR-V EX-L w/nav
By mwg

2009 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is not the first CR-V that I have owned. I find it very comfortable to drive. Handles well and has more than enough power. I like the interior styling but find that it is somewhat cheaply made and marks up fairly easily. Gas mileage is fairly consistent around 20-22 mpg city and 23-25 highway. Nice fun to drive vehicle. I would not recommend the navigation system. Routing is not very good and updates are very expensive (get a Garmin or Magellan instead).

Comfortable, shifter up fairly high leaves opening between seats.

Navigation system that works decently.

Great MPG and Comfort
By Dale

2009 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The Ex model I have gets great MPG, about 24 city and 32 highway. The MPG gauge is great I try my best to keep it at 30 or above whenever I drive-sure does help to coast to stops and be gentle on the gas pedal. The car is very comfortable on around town trips- longer trips do make you stiff, but hours in any car can do that. The fit and finish is wonderful and the layout of the dash is good. I had a 1998 CR-V and this one is much better overall.

MPG gauge and service reminder tool. Also like the folding cargo shelf - wish it had a storage place built in when you have large items however.

I wish it did not have the black plastic bumpers and trim. Back hatch door is sometimes difficult to close-a strap or auto close feature would be nice to have

Terrible tire quality
By mike

2009 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have been well pleased with my CR-V. It get better gas mileage than I expected and it has ample room for a small SUV. The one downfall is the tires. It came with Bridgestone Dueler H/T 470 tires. At 17.000 miles they are worn out. I went to the tire dealer and was told there is no warranty on that tire. I went to the Honda dealer and was told by the service manager that they sell cars and are not in the tire business. A few minutes later he offered to sell me new tires, to which I reminded him that they are not in the tire business. I think it is a shame that a manufacturer sells a car for $24000, but, cuts corners on quality by using CHEAP tires

Better quality tires