2009 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
Nice driver, versatile usage
By lovemycr-v on 12/05/09 13:14 PM (PST)

2009 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my black L as a used car, it had 4k miles on it, and for those 4k miles I got a $5K discount from new price. Love the looks, handling, power is adequate, coming from an audi a6 I needed to learn how to paas with it. It takes a little more time. Mileage is about 22 around town and 27- 32 on the hi-way depending on speed. I drove 100 miles at 55 and got 34mpg not bad for an suv.

Brake Dust
By kadija on 12/01/09 08:37 AM (PST)

2009 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We have owned several Hondas. This is the first to have brake dust! We traded in a CRV that did not do this. The 09 model does w/ less than 1300 miles.

Quality, Fun, Reliability
By Frank Mars on 11/21/09 12:12 PM (PST)

2009 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My second Honda car, 2009 CR-V oozes quality and good taste. I love it! The MPH is not great though for a 4 cyl, 2.4 L engine.

Love it but Keep in Mind...
By CJ on 11/17/09 13:38 PM (PST)

2009 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I just bought a beautiful 2009 Tango Red AWD CR-V EX and I have to say I love it. The steering and the front view you get is the best! It has a very secure feel to it including when it's pouring rain. The only down fall to it is that even though it claims to make 22 city and 26 hwy miles (for gas) and it has only given me an average of 16 which means that I've had to refill my tank after only 250 miles. :( It should be at least after 350 miles. I don't drive much in the city so I was extremely concerned. I just spoke to two different Honda dealerships that told me that it takes up to 5000 miles on the car before it gives the average of 22-26 miles on gas. I was relieved to hear this news!!!

Horrible Seats
By gdcinthebigd on 11/10/09 07:47 AM (PST)

2009 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Just got back from a 500 mile road trip and am seriously considering trading this vehicle in with only 2200 miles on it. I have owned 2 Hondas before - a 2001 Honda CRV and a 2005 Honda Accord and would never have expected the lousy design of the front seats in this vehicle. My right leg went numb after 100 miles. When I switched to the passenger seat I found out it is even worse. I'm a normal size guy (5'11"/190 lbs) and could not find a comfortable position. The seat cushions are too short. The headrests are too far forward. The seats are rock hard. What happened Honda? Is this cost-cutting? I won't buy another Honda ever after this.

Happy Honda Owner
By klaut on 10/26/09 16:52 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Just bought my CRV last week and so far so good, I am thrilled with it! Downsized from a Dodge Caravan and not missing the extra room at all. Drives great, looks great (Tango Red) and best of all I'm loving the better gas mileage. Handles so well and the moon roof and GPS are added bonuses!

Good Transition
By TomJ on 10/26/09 07:19 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We had VW's for 42 years. When our local dealer closed without any notice we looked for something closer but still reliable. Reviews of the CR-v mentioned a stiff ride but we always appreciated the firmness of the VW's. Reviews mentioned the lack of massive horsepower. We were used to that. We test drove one and bought the same day. The transition from auto to SUV (CUV) was seamless.

AMAZING!
By hondaowner on 10/20/09 20:19 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I just got this car a few weeks ago and I am in love. I don't know why it gets low reviews on its exterior - that's the part that attracted me to it the most. I didn't like how it looked prior to 2007, but since its remodeling the Honda CR-V is by far a lot better looking than the Rav4 and Rogue if you ask me. I love the sleek, aerodynamic exterior - beautiful. The inside is comfortable (hard seats?? I don't think so.) and I love the nighttime lighting inside. I love the CR-V's reliability and how safe I feel inside. The MPG is great...I've been averaging 22.2 on city roads. Has lots of space and I love the sunroof and tinted back windows. I pretty much am obsessed with my new car.

Headrest and Parking Brake Defect
By Wanda on 10/15/09 19:17 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I admired the new CR-V body style for a couple of years before buying one. I did a test drive and mentioned to the salesman that the headrest was uncomfortable. He said not to worry, it was adjustable. After purchasing the vehicle, the dealership did not provide an overview of any of the features -- all they wanted to do was make the sale. I recently drove my CR- V on a 6 hour day trip. By the time I got there, I had a massive headache. I also had a bruise on my left leg because the parking break is placed right where I normally rest my leg. Can you say buyer's remorse? I hate this car. The headrest is not adjustable and the parking break is going to stay where it is. Back to Toyota next time.

So far, so good
By chuckfromli on 10/11/09 17:39 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Picked up my CRV 10 days ago. Have about 650 miles on it, including one trip of 450 miles round trip. I have no real complaints. The vehicle appears to be very well built. The seats are not the best though. I have the leather. They are OK, but I wouldn't really recommend this vehicle for long trips. Maybe mine will get more comfortable as they get broken in. Also the leather has a very plastic look and feel to it. What can you expect, I guess, when you are only paying 26K for a new vehicle fully loaded, especially when that vehicle has AWD. I have been averaging about 19 mpg in suburban driving, and got around 26-27 mpg on my highway trip, and that was mostly around 70-80 mph. Power is fine.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Honda CR-V Suv in VA is:

$117 per month*