2009 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
Smart Car for Local Driving
By niteflite on 01/31/10 17:25 PM (PST)

2009 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my third Honda; previously I had owned a 99 Accord and 04 Accord, both 4 cylinders. This cr-v actually shares the same engine as the 04 Accord, so given its bigger size, it lacks some power. Yet it had the most comfortable ride of the other cars I test drove - the rav4 and rogue. This car is great for local driving to run errands and stuff but for long distance driving it lacks the horsepower to make it up the hills easily. I also feel and hear the engine having to work too hard which isn't good.

Goodbye Jeep Liberty Hello CRV
By b-rice on 01/27/10 15:16 PM (PST)

2009 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

After driving a Jeep Liberty for 1.5 years we decided to trade up to a Honda. We constantly remind ourselves of the wise choice we made. We have now owned it for 8 months and 10k miles and still love it as much as we did when we drove it off the lot. It is very sporty, practical and for the most part comfortable. The 4 cyl engine should produce a more efficient mpg but 24-27 is almost double what we were getting in our V6 Liberty with almost as much power. The LX is very basic, but it gets you from point A to point B while having fun. I never realized how many were on the road until we bought it. Haven't regretted our purchase one bit.

Love my CR-V
By Vicki on 01/26/10 16:56 PM (PST)

2009 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Love it! What a fun ride. This is our first CR-V. Initially we weren't looking for an SUV but after I test drove the CR-V I was hooked. The all wheel drive is awesome on the snow. Love the handling and the functionality. The gas mileage is pretty decent. I get about 25-26 MPG highway and about 23-24 MPG city. It really depends on how you drive it. MPG indicator gauge can help with that. It could have a little more pickup. I notice it mainly on the highway but you can put it in D3 by pushing the button on the side of the gear to give you extra pick up. Overall, great car.

Reliable, but LOUD
By gpzman on 01/25/10 16:08 PM (PST)

2009 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Have about 15K on the CRV now. Plenty of power, smooth shifting and very high reliability. My only compliant is that the road noise in this vehicle is almost unbearable. I can't speak on the cell phone (even with headset) and the stereo has to be so loud to overcome the noise. Honda needs to address this issue. I think as American cars improve, they will be really hurt Honda by increasing cabin comfort. Just took 800 mile road trip only got 23.5 MPG-disappointing.

Handling and braking are excellent
By ChuckfromLI on 01/13/10 11:34 AM (PST)

2009 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Just returned from a 2500 miles trip to Florida and back, and have no serious complaints. My son is 6'4", did half the driving, and never lacked headroom. The car is quiet most of the time, except on rough concrete roads. The power level is fine, storage capacity is fine, handling and braking are excellent. Have also driven it on some snow covered roads and it felt very secure. I love the XM satellite radio. The leather still feels plasticky, but it is breaking in. My only "real" complaint is that the fan cycles on and off frequently when the car is idling, and that it is very noticeable and even sets off a vibration that is felt through the steering wheel. Current mileage is around 4500.

Still Raving after 9 months ownership
By Happy CR-V Owners on 01/09/10 19:36 PM (PST)

2009 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We've had this car for 9 months, now, and could not be more pleased. Highway mileage from Florida to upstate NY averaged over 30 mph. Comfort and driveability are superb for this level of vehicle. (I do agree with a few others that road noise is a little above what we'd like, but who's perfect? Even with the 2-wheel drive that's standard in the south, we had no trouble driving in the snow and ice of Rochester, NY area a couple weeks ago. Overall, we're VERY pleased with our purchase and would buy another CR-V in a minute.

Nice vehicle
By van on 12/28/09 13:53 PM (PST)

2009 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have had my CRV for two months now and I can't complain. Gas mileage is ok for now (23 around town and 27 hwy) but I hope to get better mileage once it is broken in. One thing I am disappointed in is the Bridgestone tires on the CRV. They don't have very good traction at all in the snow. If it wasn't for the AWD I would be sliding all over the road. I can't believe Honda puts such a poor tire on their vehicles. Other than the tires I really like my CRV. It's fun to drive and a nice looking vehicle.

Love My CR-V!
By Bride of Mookie on 12/28/09 13:24 PM (PST)

2009 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We have had this car for 8 months so far and I love it! Just took our first long trip (1800 miles) and thought it was time to write a review. There is very little we don't like. The CR-V replaced our Pontiac Montana - wanted something a little smaller, but not a car. For a long trip that we make once a year, we missed the extra space, but for the rest of the year, it is great!

Faultless
By kimberkook on 12/20/09 15:37 PM (PST)

2009 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The CR-V is my first new vehicle in eleven years and I selected carefully. No disappointments. It is comfort, utility, style and dependability rolled into a nice neat package. Shortly after taking delivery we drove "the Beaver" trans continent for a total of 11K miles and it never skipped a beat. Mileage was spot on the ratings, but the power was peppier than I expected. Finally, I delayed writing this review because I wanted to wait for a couple of "snow trials" before commenting here. The original Conti tires came off and Blizzaks went on... nothing stops the Beaver now!

Love My CR-V EX-L
By chinhua Wang on 12/13/09 19:02 PM (PST)

2009 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

CR-V is my first SUV. We loved the concept of SUV but were worried about the handling and gas consumption. We selected CR-V for its roomy interior, high mileage and its standard configurations. Honda is simpler and EX-L had all the features we wanted and none we didn't care about. It was a great decision. The handling is so smooth that it feels like a car. The mileage is very close to sedan. We love all the luxury features come with it.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Honda CR-V Suv in VA is:

$117 per month*