2009 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
CR-V doesn't run upto its fame
By Zakir Faruquee on 05/31/10 09:27 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my CR-V from Peoria, IL on December 4, 2008. In summer, I found the AC was not cooling properly I took to the same dealer, they tested and said I should run the AC at Max, CR-V AC performance as it is. This summer, AC was not cooling I took a different dealer, they filled up with gas and they couldn't found the leakage. - When I start the CR-V it makes buzzing noise, it started at beginning of last winter, I took it to a Honda dealer, and they said it's not a safety problem and they are not going to fix it. Besides, I have problems with door lock too. My CR-V is 1.5 years old with a mileage of 18,000 miles and should be covered under warranty?

2009 CR-V EX-L w/nav
By mwg on 05/14/10 09:39 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is not the first CR-V that I have owned. I find it very comfortable to drive. Handles well and has more than enough power. I like the interior styling but find that it is somewhat cheaply made and marks up fairly easily. Gas mileage is fairly consistent around 20-22 mpg city and 23-25 highway. Nice fun to drive vehicle. I would not recommend the navigation system. Routing is not very good and updates are very expensive (get a Garmin or Magellan instead).

Great MPG and Comfort
By Dale on 05/12/10 12:27 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The Ex model I have gets great MPG, about 24 city and 32 highway. The MPG gauge is great I try my best to keep it at 30 or above whenever I drive-sure does help to coast to stops and be gentle on the gas pedal. The car is very comfortable on around town trips- longer trips do make you stiff, but hours in any car can do that. The fit and finish is wonderful and the layout of the dash is good. I had a 1998 CR-V and this one is much better overall.

Terrible tire quality
By mike on 04/07/10 09:38 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have been well pleased with my CR-V. It get better gas mileage than I expected and it has ample room for a small SUV. The one downfall is the tires. It came with Bridgestone Dueler H/T 470 tires. At 17.000 miles they are worn out. I went to the tire dealer and was told there is no warranty on that tire. I went to the Honda dealer and was told by the service manager that they sell cars and are not in the tire business. A few minutes later he offered to sell me new tires, to which I reminded him that they are not in the tire business. I think it is a shame that a manufacturer sells a car for $24000, but, cuts corners on quality by using CHEAP tires

Love New 2009 CR-VLX
By Agoura CRV Owner on 03/20/10 10:50 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I found a New 2009 CR-V still avail in Thousand Oaks CA & opted for that to save $ - LOVE IT. I drive a lot and usually hate getting in a car but I'm enjoying the comfort. My small complaints are the tires they chose - very hard ride and NOISY if you open the windows above 50 mph. I wish it had an auto headlight & wiper on/off (as my Jeep Gd. Cherokee had) but that is my only "Wish" - I'm not raving about the mileage, and it's obviously better than my 8cy, its just not THAT much greater - and I wish it had a little more "oomph" I LOVE the car - Very happy - LOVE the Nav (didn't think I'd really use it) it helps a LOT from an ATM or gas location to a restaurant. So cool!! Happy Owner here.

So far so good
By Jackie on 03/14/10 21:36 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I traded in my 07 mustang gt for a 09 cr-v. So this review is from one end of the spectrum to the other. Totally not what i was looking for but after a problem ridden mustang i was looking for reliability and affordability at the pump. I don't get as much mpg as what i would have hoped, about 18.5 but I've been trying to watch my lead food. Total cost of ownership has been great. I had read road noise was a problem for some people, but the dronr i had with the stang must have made my ears numb to it cause it doesn't bother me at all. Performance is a bummer but again, going from 300 hp to160ish would be. But Overall i am not at all disappointed in making the switch!

Front End
By Ken on 03/14/10 17:42 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We are having trouble with our front end the car wants to wander. We aligned it and it still has a wander and will vibrate When the wheel is turned there is resistance in the wheel like something obstructing the turning radius

Noisy!
By daveintown on 03/04/10 23:00 PM (PST)

2009 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought the LX new in September 2009. I am still not used to the SUV differences from my previous Toyota Camry. I find it noisy, my #1 complaint, even though I had it undercoated, there is still a lot of road noise and there is a lot of wind noise in the windshield area. The gas mileage is also not as good as advertised. I would spend a lot more time test driving other makes next time.

alright suv
By Retired Air Force on 02/26/10 01:00 AM (PST)

2009 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We bought the CRV to replace a Town and Country. My wife wanted something smaller to use for work. It is very noisy on the Houston roads, the car has 23,000 miles and the tires are already showing alot of wear. If you put the back windows down at highway speeds, there is a deafening noise that sounds like a jet is taking off in your back seat. The mileage is also not as good as we expected. Sitting in both front seats on long trips isn't all that enjoyable

Most reliable cars on the road
By Indianapolis on 02/02/10 05:12 AM (PST)

2009 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this for my wife, it has done everything I knew it would as I have owned Honda products in the past. 2-WD is more than adequate in the snow; absolutely no problems on ice/snow. Nothing breaks, everything works. Will last 20 years. Honda is quality.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Honda CR-V Suv in VA is:

$114 per month*