Used 2009 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Honda Cr-v - Consumer Reviews

2009 Honda CR-V

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Nice vehicle but too much road noise
By Richard

2009 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought this vehicle on June 30,09. Handles very nicely and the leather seats are quite comfortable. Can't give you city mpg because we live in the country but drove from Illinois to Ohio and got 29.8 mpg doing 65-75mph. I'm 6'1" and there is plenty of headroom. At highway speed over certain types of pavement the road noise into the CRV is VERY loud, especially grooved pavement that is on most overpasses. Also, the smallest of cracks in the pavement are felt when driving over them.

Favorite Features

Nimble handling and comfortable seating. Good headroom.

Suggested Improvements

More soundproofing on the floorboards is desperately needed. Smoother ride over bumpy roads.

love and hate of my new CRV
By David

2009 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Just bought my 2009 Honda CRV LX 2X and got very annoyed by the driver's seat head support. It is absolutely unacceptable design. Only one hour drive already made my neck uncomfortable.It is like a bullet sitting against the back of your head! forcing your head to bent.The engine is very smooth in local but luggish and noisy on uphills.Accept these two, everything else is almost perfect.But these will cause me to sell it right away.especially the seat.The power is known to be not very good on uphills.But the front seats are not acceptable.pay good attention to it before you buy it. I regret not going to test drive the RAV4.

Favorite Features

love the exterior desin, the steering wheel, the traction and stability control, the glacier blue color.

Suggested Improvements

absolutely redesign the front seats.it is hard to image Honda engeer made this blunder.

Love my CRV-EXL!
By Carmen

2009 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've had SUV'S now for 20 yrs and last year, because of the gas spike, I traded for a Honda Accord...Beautiful car, but was not good in the snow...I kept checking out the Honda CRV's and finally traded last week...This car is ME! Love it even more than my Toyota Highlander, which was a 6 cylinder engine...I was apprehensive at first, because it was a 4cyl, but I see very little difference between the Highlander and my CRV...This car is a keeper, especially with the long New England winters...I really feel safe too, which was one of the determining factors, other than 4 wheel drive...Ok, maybe a nicer rearview mirror and a pop up trunk switch, a bigger fuel tank, but I'm not complaining!

Favorite Features

I bought the EXL, so I have all the bells and whistles...Navigation is great, leather, heated seating, fun to drive!

Suggested Improvements

Not much really!

What a great car
By Jim Merritt

2009 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We love this car. It drives like a dream. The CR-V is comfortable for passengers and drivers alike. It is quiet on the road. The sound system is superb as is the navigation system. On a recent trip it took us within ten yards of our destination! The size is just right for those that do not need a 5+ passenger capacity. Our grandsons think it is cool.

Favorite Features

Navigation system and sound system

Suggested Improvements

We don't have any suggestions. Don't know how it could be any better.

Great Vehicle
By Lucky

2009 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've had it a month now and love it. Don't notice road noise others have mentioned. I have the AWD with the Bridgestone tires. Been getting 21-22 mpg combined driving and around 28 mpg on all highway. I'm 6ft.2in. and have plenty of room. There is plenty of power for me. It's a very nice ride on the highway.

Favorite Features

Handling and reliability.

Suggested Improvements

There should be a warning tone or something if you leave the sunroof open after you shut off the motor.