2009 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
Update to my Previous Review.
By John Allen Albree on 01/19/09 02:00 AM (PST)

2009 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

In my first review, I stated that my first tank of fuel netted 20 mpg in the city. Further driving of all types now reveals that city driving is 23-24 mpg and interstate driving at 70 mph and below is at 28.8 mpg. This is terrific and I could not be more pleased with this car. It is outstanding in every area.

Initial Impressions After 1 Month
By Andy on 01/01/09 16:27 PM (PST)

2009 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Firstly I'm pretty picky and I haven't had the car long. The driver's seat could use better lumbar support and a bit more leg room. Cloth seat durability is ? + meant for smaller person. Backup sensor add-on although nice isn't something really needed. Its not hard to get used to backing it up. Cheap carpet floor mats are not going to last long. Rear door doesn't latch w/o slamming. Addon compass/rear view mirror sits too high on window. Too close to top console (no clearance). Wind impacts mileage a LOT. Very limited range (350ish and much less in wind). Bit rough shifting out of 1st sometimes. Braking is great. Handles well. Good visibility. For its size, I like the car. Hard to beat new.

Awesome
By scherrywade on 01/01/09 03:59 AM (PST)

2009 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This CR-V is absolutely awesome. It is beautiful in design and comfort and has all the extras I wanted. I have grandchildren and it is perfect. My sister just bought one too. The EX-L is just gorgeous and handles like a dream. Can't go wrong with this one for price and luxury. I only buy Honda and this one is the best!

Another Outstanding Honda
By John Allen Albree on 12/30/08 14:11 PM (PST)

2009 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

CR-V is Alabaster Silver with gray leather. The ride is very quiet and much better then my 2008 Honda Accord EX-L which I traded in. My wife loves the seats and the vehicle tracks beautifully on the interstate. The first tank of gas only local driving was an acceptable 20 mpg.The XM sound system is better than before. Transmission is smooth and quiet. We love this car.

CR-V review
By bobincinti on 12/30/08 07:03 AM (PST)

2009 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I recently purchased my CRV in Nov 2008 to replace an aging Nissan Frontier. While the vehicle drives well and gets great fuel economy (about 25 mpg), there are some minor things that bother me. The seats are very stiff and get to be uncomfortable on long drives, the dash slants away from the driver, so you have to lean forward to get to the the controls (radio, HVAC, etc) and the external mirrors are too small. They LX model has a foldable tray, for about $10 in material they could have put in a full center console as well. Other than those minor issues, this is a great vehicle.

Great First Impressions!
By Ron on 12/25/08 13:10 PM (PST)

2009 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Have owned several Accords both 4 and 6 cyl. Always great performers but I now need AWD (Colorado mountains/plains) and storage room. 27/32 HWY and 22/24 urban - REALLY. Very impressed w/power and trans. in mountain and normal terrain. Big guy, it is comfortable and stability is outstanding; w/performance in windy conditions surprisingly good. Have not had any snow to test in yet. Compared with Forester (lousy 4 spd trans.) almost went w/it anyway, Rav4 (not as stable and the swing out rear door is dangerous) and Edge (lousy mpg but felt substantial).

Utility and practicality can't be beat
By highway24 on 12/17/08 21:54 PM (PST)

2009 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I carefully considered the Forrester, the RDX, and the Jetta TDI wagon. I came to my senses and committed to the CRV and I'm loving it. The reviews mention a slow 0-60. I haven't noticed much lag in city traffic. The 0-35 I have to do almost every other block around town is zippy. I love the look of the redesigned CRV. They borrowed from the best. The sculpted hood, the curves and points of the headlights...very appealing. Tail-lights were transitioned from an earlier model which evoke the design of certain Volvos. Mileage is around 23 mixed. Hint: go with good gas. I noticed a remarkable drop in engine noise when I didn't skimp and that V-Tec 4 went butter soft, in a good way.

Gorgeous CRV
By Phoenix on 12/14/08 23:23 PM (PST)

2009 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I just bought my 2009 Honda CRV LE (base model) two weeks ago. I got the glacier blue color with gray interior. Its a beautiful car w/ exquisite design. The interior is spacious (high ceiling) and adjustable high seating offer panoramic view. Good trunk size to haul groceries & furniture. Its a fun & sporty looking car. Handling can be a bit stiff and the engine drags when you try to accelerate (but then again it is a 4 cylinders). The following need improvements: 1. Lack power when you try to accelerate, make all trims V6. 2. Trunk door should release/pop automatically w/ press of button. 3. Add alarm to all trims.

5th Honda, 2nd CR-V
By Keith on 12/07/08 15:43 PM (PST)

2009 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Am very impressed with performance and interior sound quality. Girlfriend thought nav was expensive option, until we used it in downtown Kansas City, now she loves it. Backup camera is wonderful and nice to have option to see what is behind you. Is a real please to drive and ride in. Like all cars, if you drive it hard gas efficiency will fall off, drive sensible fuel efficiency is great!

Newly purchased CRV
By Jpkant on 12/07/08 10:09 AM (PST)

2009 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Having owned it for a month and 1600 miles, I am delighted with my new CRV. I traded in a Forester which was only 2 years old and I am pleased with the performance and comfort of the CRV. Plenty of power for commuting and super comfortable on the road. Very quiet and smooth ride (unlike Forester). Seats are so comfortable. Plenty of room for 4 adults too. Love the XM radio. I am getting 25 mpg in mixed driving and over 27 in all hwy driving which is what the Subaru got. Only complaints are rear visibility is a bit limited but not terrible, and the heat is slow to warm up.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Honda CR-V in VA is:

$114 per month*