Used 2009 Honda CR-V SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

My First Honda
By Harry

2009 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I'm really enjoying the CRV. I've owned Toyotas for my last 5 vehicles and may become a long-term Honda fan. This is a well designed and built vehicle. The total package was the selling point: moonroof, stereo, privacy glass, alloys, fit and finish. These were only available in the high end Outback. I go on my first road trip tomorrow and am anxious to see what the gas mileage is. Highly recommend!

Handling, stereo, moonroof. Rav4 steering is electric and feels unnatural. CRV has great steering feedback. There is enough power for conservative driving. Made in Ohio!

Some of the EX-L options. Get rid of the center tray, add lumbar adjust to cloth seats, side moulding and door-edge moulding should be standard equipment.

Best Value & Performance
By motoguy128

2009 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I compared the Nissan Rogue and RAV4 to the CR-V. For the price, I felt the EX 4WD trim offered the best value compared to the competition. It handles like a much smaller vehicle. Coming from a Nissan Versa, it often feels more nimble and easier to maneuver. The Rogue was a little more responsive once rolling, but the CR-V feels more responsive off the line.

Excellent steering feel and response. Steering weighted just right!!! Nice interior materials, Well shaped seat, great visibility sitting high without any large blind spots, and very stable feeling on higher speed turns like on ramps. The suspension really follows the bumps in the road.

Could use a 2.5L with a little more "meat" in the bottom end, to hold gears with a load or up hills. The transmission has to downshift on almost any hill. The tall 5th gear is great for cruising, but I wonder if it's a little too tall. A/C could be more powerful. Manual 4WD lock would be nice.

31 MPG From Albany to Riverside
By tsamoni

2009 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I am a new father and traded in my Civic Coupe for a family-friendly, but fun-to-drive CR-V. On a recent trip to Albany, NY to Riverside, NJ (250 miles) I averaged 31 MPG--not too bad for a car that is a lot heavier than my 35MPG Civic. This car is great for the guy who is in his early 30's, just starting a family, and who can't see himself in a minivan or a Sedan like the Accord or Camry (too old manish and boring). I have plenty of room for all my daughter's stuff and enough left over for my passengers--even with a car seat installed. Overall, this is a great compromise between style and fun, and necessity and practicality. The CR-V guarantees I will be a Loyal Honda Owner forever!

Cruise Control is Standard--great for fuel economy. Huge trunk. Safety, Safety, Safety! It's not a minivan!

These are NOT a big deal when you consider the whole package! 6-Disc Changer should not be optional. Not everyone likes iTunes and MP3s. Speedometer--use increments of 5 not 2. Some of the console storage is too small. Interior fabric could be a bit softer

Wood seats would be more comfortable
By bobincinti

2009 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have written a previous review about this vehicle. This has to be one of the most uncomfortable vehicles I have owned. So bad that I traded in a 8 month old 2009 CRV with 12,150 miles for a Mercury Mariner. Dealer said I was the first to trade this vehicle in because there was no data on 2009 trades. My biggest complaint on this car is that they seats are like rocks. I drive 60+ miles per day and bought it for the gas mileage. I was averaging 25.3 mpg, but I was driving a 2001 Nissan Frontier with 162,000 miles more than I was driving this vehicle. I simply hated driving this car.

Gas mileage.

Make the car seat more comfortable. Quit sloping the dash away from the driver.

Fun for the Price
By curtis

2009 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Great Car, should last beyond the payments. Front seats are weird, but not too tough, we love it and have seen many on the roads in Florida... Center Console is different, but we're ok with it... Great Job Honda.

Gas mileage and comfort