Used 2009 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Honda Cr-v - Consumer Reviews

2009 Honda CR-V

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Wood seats would be more comfortable
By bobincinti

2009 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have written a previous review about this vehicle. This has to be one of the most uncomfortable vehicles I have owned. So bad that I traded in a 8 month old 2009 CRV with 12,150 miles for a Mercury Mariner. Dealer said I was the first to trade this vehicle in because there was no data on 2009 trades. My biggest complaint on this car is that they seats are like rocks. I drive 60+ miles per day and bought it for the gas mileage. I was averaging 25.3 mpg, but I was driving a 2001 Nissan Frontier with 162,000 miles more than I was driving this vehicle. I simply hated driving this car.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Make the car seat more comfortable. Quit sloping the dash away from the driver.

Fun for the Price
By curtis

2009 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Great Car, should last beyond the payments. Front seats are weird, but not too tough, we love it and have seen many on the roads in Florida... Center Console is different, but we're ok with it... Great Job Honda.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage and comfort

Suggested Improvements

Center console, Power driver seats

Just purchased our 2nd 2009 CR-V LX AWD
By Lebogal

2009 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We purchased a CR-V LX AWD in January and have been so pleased with it that we just purchased an additional one today. Price was right - $21,100 for an LX AWD plus tax and title. We have about 4,000 miles on our other CR-V and still have 60% of our oil life remaining. The CR-V was easy to drive in the winter and we didn't have any trouble with driving in the snow.

Favorite Features

Very easy to drive. Easy to fold down the rear seats. Has terrific safety features. System which tells you when you need an oil change or when you have low tire pressure.

Suggested Improvements

A sturdier center console with a storage compartment for CDs. Mileage could be better as we are only getting about 20 mpg in mostly city driving. Rear window visibility could be better (I have knocked over our plastic garbage cans a couple of time backing out of the driveway!)

As advertised
By hack

2009 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We recently drove from Minnesota to Maine via Canada, down the East Coast and back to the Midwest with our two kids. Most of what you hear about the CRV is true. There is pronounced road noise on rough pavement, though smooth pavement is fine. The engine has pep in city driving, but acceleration can be sluggish and the engine can feel over-matched on highway merging and some hills - passing is fine. The suspension and seats are a bit stiff, the low-beam lights are poor, but the driver's view, cabin lay-out, and the responsiveness of the steering are excellent. Easily fit a month's worth of gear. Biggest surprise? Very good mileage 28 - 32 at 70+ on the highway. Not a luxury vehicle.

Favorite Features

Smooth transmission, cabin lay-out, responsive steering and room. Pleasantly surprised with fuel efficiency thus far on the highway. I am careful, but not slow, and it's been much better than advertised.

Suggested Improvements

Even with the upgraded stereo/speakers on the EX, low-end sound is very tough to pick up and the sound quality hurts my ears. I wish I could have gotten a better stereo w/out trim upgrade. Engine is mostly fine, a bit more horsepower would be better. Even so, felt it was much better than the RAV.

Fun to drive
By penny

2009 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I never knew what they mean by fun to drive until I drove my new 2009 CRV EX AWD in Green Tea! I also own a Civic, while a great car with great mileage, it's getting to be too small to be convenient for my family and my dog. Being the first SUV, I was afraid it might be too big to get use to if I switch, but I was surprised to find that CRV drives not much different than my Civic, except much roomier, plenty of space for your legs, head, arms and stuff! Front console is great with useful displays, and the design is very sharp and attractive. Now I look forward drive/riding in my new CRV in the morning to work. Oh I am still trying to improve the mileage by using cruise control. It's decent.

Favorite Features

Instant mpg and average mpg display, outside temperature display, stereo console with button on steering wheel. Sun roof, room, tumbled backseat, cargo shelf, decent mileage, comfortable and attractive looking. Also the cool little convex mirror so you can talk to people in backseat with eye contact.

Suggested Improvements

Making more features available for the ex level, adjustable arm rest and bigger too. Nothing much to complain about. Love this car!!