2009 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
Extremely disappointed with this CRV
By nk on 03/04/09 05:45 AM (PST)

2009 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We traded our 2002 Honda CRV for this 2009 Honda CRV. Same car, right? Wrong! The 2009 CRV we purchased 10 weeks ago has horrible wind noise/wind shear when you go over 55 mph. We have not yet had it on a freeway where we can drive 70 mph. We will do that next Tues. and take it back to the dealership once again. It has already been looked at twice and the last time the "windshield molding was poorly glued and removed, resealed and reinstalled." The noise is still the same. And when you go over bumps, there are various noises yet to be examined by the dealership. As much as I loved my 2002 Honda CRV, that's how much I hate my 2009 Honda CRV. Lemon law is becoming an option.

Favorite New Car
By AT on 03/01/09 11:24 AM (PST)

2009 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Just purchased the CRV EX-L and am loving it! Great performance on our windy mountain roads and fun to drive. Went all out with this one the EX-L model and it is a luxurious interior.

Typical Honda - top quality automobile
By scottg on 02/24/09 17:48 PM (PST)

2009 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've been a long time Honda owner (since 86) and the 09 CR-V EX-L with nav has met my expectations for what to expect from Honda - top quality automobiles. Had the CR-V for 2 months now, put 2000 miles on it. It's a solid car with an excellent fit and finish. The engine has plenty of power and the transmission shifts very smoothly. The controls and display are well laid out and nicely colored. The nav system is fast and the display is bright. The sound system is outstanding, plenty of watts for the size of the car. Driver's seat is very comfortable. The leather seat is more comfortable than cloth. Gas mileage so far hasn't been great, 18/24 but maybe will improve in warmer weather.

Most uncomfortable vehicle I have owned
By bobincinti on 02/24/09 12:34 PM (PST)

2009 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased my CRV in November. After driving it for about 5,000 miles, I have decided that I can't stand this vehicle and will be selling it. The ride is too stiff, the seats are uncomfortable, the dash board slopes away from the driver. I drive a lot and while I like this vehicle, I am not comfortable in this car. Too bad the dealer would not allow me more than a 10 mile test drive. If I could of test drove this car for a couple of days, I would not have bought it. But live and learn.

New CR-V, first impression - NICE!
By Firesource on 02/17/09 13:09 PM (PST)

2009 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Leased a 2009 LX CR-V for my wife, who up until this point had driven 5 Chevy Trailblazers over the past 15 years. I'm 6'5" and am very impressed with the interior space - both as a driver and front seat passenger. For a 4cyl w/165hp, this thing is fun to drive. We were looking for an AWD vehicle with ample cargo space and the Honda fit the bill. Compared it to the Ford Flex and Chevy Equinox. The fact that Honda had sharp lease deals played a role, but the overall ratings and reviews for the CR-V put it over the top. We've had the car < 1 week, so this is obviously a first impression --- so far, we are very happy.

A great vehicle for the price
By Chet on 02/06/09 19:27 PM (PST)

2009 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

After three weeks I'm generally pleased with the over all performance of the car. Seating is much better then my old 2001 CRV. Not having the spare tire hanging on the back door is a plus. The handling is excellent on dry roads and also on snow covered streets. Power is adequate for a 4-cyl engine. A much better vehicle then the Toyota or Subaru competition.

It's just OK
By Will on 02/03/09 07:32 AM (PST)

2009 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased the CR-V about a month ago and find it OK. It has horrible road noise and a very jumpy ride on rough roads. I do not like the shape of the rear side window. Gas mileage is only fair 21 around town. I traded in a 2005 Toyota Camry and in many ways liked the Camry better. The Bridgestone tires on this vehicle get a very poor rating. I am surprised that Honda would put these tires on this vehicle.

Finally, a great choice from the get-go!
By Mark on 02/02/09 18:49 PM (PST)

2009 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

After much research, and trying to make a decision between the RAV4 and the Honda, I chose to go with the Honda and absolutely have no regrets. I am a 6'4" male, and this vehicle is a perfect fit for me. I traded in a Toyota Matrix. After some pretty severe Midwest winters, I knew I wanted to get back into an SUV. (I had a Mountaineer before the Matrix). This is one of the best handling vehicles that I have ever owned. For continuous winter driving in town I am getting 18-19 miles per gallon. I had several colors to choose from, and I opted for the Urban Titanium Metallic. This color hides the dirt better than some of the darker colors.

Ideal Small SUV
By Newbie on 01/30/09 15:11 PM (PST)

2009 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I'm a Toyota person having owned and loved my Highlander and other Toyotas over the years, but I wanted a smaller SUV. The Rav4 has a bit better "fit and finish" and lots to like, but I did not want the rear door that opens like a car door nor the tire there. The AWD CR-V handles very well in snow, and the 4 cyl engine performs well enough for me. The CRV is the perfect size for me. It looks beautiful to me and gives a panoramic view of the road like other SUVs. It's safety record is tops.

From minivan to CRV
By MB on 01/29/09 09:46 AM (PST)

2009 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

It has been an adjustment for me after driving a minivan for 12 years. Needed some cargo room for hockey equipment but did not want to drive a minivan anymore. This vehicle fills the need. Interior room is terrific considering the size of the vehicle. Handles very well in all kinds of weather and snow. Comfortable front and back seats and nice ride for the money.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Honda CR-V in VA is:

$114 per month*