2009 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
Uncomfortable
By Danica7 on 04/02/09 19:51 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

There is much to recommend the 2009 CRV, including a well-built car with many fancy features for a reasonable price. But after only two months, the horribly uncomfortable driving position - and the neck and shoulder pain I am experiencing - is causing me to sell it back to the dealer. I am 5'7" - and would not recommend this car to anyone my size or smaller. When seated a comfortable distance from the steering wheel (which telescopes only minimally), my knees hit the steering column. In addition, the active restraint headrests are horrendous, and there is nothing to be done about to modify their angle, which pushes the head forward.

Best Auto Choice!
By David on 04/02/09 18:45 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I just purchased my Honda CR-V yesterday April fools day after deciding to get rid of my 2002 Saturn Vue, and I love it already! The ride and audio is great along with the look and feel in it. I know that with owning a Honda I will be much happier and feel safer as well as spend less in repairs. While owning the Saturn Vue, repairs seemed like they were happening constantly with me spending lots of money to fix up. I know that with Hondas great service and reliability, there wont be a problem like that. This is why I went with a Honda CR-V.

A good choice
By Elmer PHD on 03/30/09 14:43 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I was impressed with the comfort on my first long trip and I got 28 mpg. Good pick up and speed even up steep mountain grades.

2009 FWD EX-L with Navigation
By doffer on 03/30/09 13:03 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is a well-engineered, solid vehicle at a reasonable price. The vehicle provides better road visibility as it sits up higher than a sedan, decent mileage, and is flexible enough if we need to transport small stuff (e.g., chairs, boxes, etc.). The ride is kind of rough, not sure if a change of tires would help, or that's the way it is supposed to ride.

Fun to Drive
By Danielle Govert on 03/29/09 10:13 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We were looking for a car similar to our Mazda Tribute. We had it narrowed down to the Hyundai Sante Fe, Mercury Mariner, and the Honda CRV. We compared the 4 cylinder Mariner to the CRV and there was no comparison. The CRV has quite the pick up for a 4 cylinder and the Mariner was very jerky when accelerating. The CRV also rides closer to the ground which allows you to take corners tighter and not feel like you might tip over. So far we are very happy with our decision.

Option
By Lilian on 03/27/09 11:35 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I love this vehicle, from A to Z except that there are few options you need to add to instead of standard equipments.I bought the top of the line model but I have to add the fog light and the auto dimming night/day mirror.These common option should have been standard on the top of the line model.

Too Loud!!!
By George on 03/24/09 04:06 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My only real complaint is interior noise. Both wind and road noise is much higher than my 2003 Pilot and even with my wife's Mazda 5. Very comfortable seating. I seem to think there is too much plastic in the rear which takes up storage room. Also some of the storage areas on the dash could be bigger. Great radio and steering feel.

2009 CR-V Good buy
By chivazo on 03/23/09 17:17 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I sold my 2005 Murano, I thought I downgraded to a CR-V but I was wrong. Better handling, excellent interior design, fun to drive. Handles extremely well on snow and heavy rain.

WONDERFUL AUTOMOBILE
By Dennis on 03/15/09 12:10 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

It is a wonderful car to drive and it gives my fiance a thrill every time she gets in it and starts it up to drive. She is in sales and it has given her an extra incentive to get up and get going every day to make sales in this terrible world market.

So far so good
By Joel on 03/06/09 16:47 PM (PST)

2009 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought a CRV after reading reviews here and Consumer Reports. I have been very happy with the car since buying it. It feels very well put together and is comfortable to drive. It's not a Maserati but that wasn't what I was looking for. I just wanted basic transportation, reliability, and a price that I could afford. I'm definitely happy to own this car and I expect many years of use.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Honda CR-V in VA is:

$117 per month*