2009 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
All we ever wanted and more
By Vernon Bevill on 04/23/09 20:56 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Wife wrecked her 03 PT Cruiser in January, so we car shopped 3 yrs sooner than planned. After research between a Toyota Rav4 & Honda CR-V. Test drove both, especially at night for low beam headlamps in deer country. Both tested well but felt the Honda was a bit better in comfort & mileage and details for the money. Several customers said the service at this dealership was great. We have been getting 24.8 in the commute/town driving and the one road trip of 360 miles I got 29.8 doing around 70. We loved the Cruiser, but already like this one better. It is roomy and well built and has all the appointments needed. Arm rests & visors could be wider, but that's all we see needed after 3 mo.

What I was looking for!
By hey sis on 04/18/09 05:42 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I test drove most similar sized models so that I could have my own comparison information. I chose the CRV because of the value for my dollar. I have been thrilled with the performance so far (6 weeks). I live in outer suburbs, so gas mileage was an important factor and so far I am averaging around 21 MPG in town. I have not taken it cross-country but am sure that I will be happy with those results too.

Love our Honda CRV
By mac on 04/17/09 08:44 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is our second Honda, having a civic before. The drive & handling is very nice. The CRV is very comfortable. We bought the EXL and are glad we did - added extras are worth the money. We looked at both the CRV & the Rav4 for several weeks before we bought. We know we made the right choice. Everything about this car is quality. We love our CRV -- The engine does the job quite well - it's not a hod rod and we did not purchase this vehicle thinking we could go 0-60 in 4 seconds. It cruises great at 70 on the interstate. I would have bought a six cyl. had they made it, but it's not necessary.

Just Right! Could use more!
By Richard on 04/07/09 08:16 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Have had the CRV for three weeks, and drove 1700 miles so far. Comfortable front seats, decent back seat with three sections that individually recline. I carry two children booster seats on the outboard sides and a third child that doesn't require a booster in the center. Not a rocket, does not need more power for sensible drivers. First tank yielded 25.5 mpg, subsequent tanks yield 26.1 mpg in 70/30 mix of highway and city. Like the trip computer and maintenance minder system. Surprised to see no coin holder. Center console has a place for CD Changer on the Navigation Model that is not accessible for storage on EX-L model. The LX and EX have the folding tray.

Did not like it.
By Erik on 04/07/09 06:58 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

If I would have had it for a week I would have never bought it. I bought it because of the reviews on Edmunds. I owned it for three weeks and traded it for a new Chey Silverado quad cab that gets 14 mpg and lost a lot on the deal. I do not regret it. I'm a truck guy anyhow. I should not have purchased the CR-V.

LongTermOwner
By ChangeIsGood on 04/06/09 20:09 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I traded my beloved Infiniti Q45t for this Honda. As much as I resisted, I should have done it sooner to recoup the value loss of the "Q." The EX-L is is a rock star in my opinion. The ride is not bad at all, and I don't have a problem with road noise. The XM radio is a must-have feature and the minute I step in, crank the engine, turn XM on, I become a calm, cool, kitten on the freeway instead of the speed demon I used to be. The cargo area is perfect. If you need larger, you would fare better with a truck. I can't believe how easy, and inexpensive it is to keep up with the scheduled maintenance and oil changes. Goodbye $2000 Infiniti repair bills, hello, again, Honda.

Excellent
By Kar on 04/06/09 08:38 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Replaced my minivan with the CRV. After researching other competitive vehicles (Rav4, Rogue, Tiquan) went for the CRV. Have owned Hondas in the past and do now. Great vehicles. The CRV is in line with my past purchases.

Worth Every Penny
By Lisa on 04/05/09 22:45 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I am not an impulsive buyer, however once I compared the Honda to it's competitors, there was no comparison. It is compact, yet very roomy. My husband is 6'7, 280 lbs., and is comfortable as driver and passenger. I live in the burbs and when driving the back roads it handles like a dream. It is smooth and sporty. Sound system is great, and the car, holistically, has been well thought out. I don't feel there is excess noise, however slightly bumpy over potholes, but this is an SUV. The backseat is roomy and reclining seats are a nice touch. Love it!

Wonderful car, nice experience
By KCBUYER on 04/05/09 13:52 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have been driving my CR-V LX AWD for 2 months, the performance is really wonderful, but a little bit more power would be perfect, I am very nervous when passing over or merging on the highway.

Perfect SUV
By Michael on 04/04/09 08:24 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Given the price, everything is amazing. Honda has a tradition of reliability and value; this is clearly evident in the CR-V. The only problem I have is the fuel mileage. I'm a little confused how the other critics on this page are getting over 20 mpg. I mostly drive in NYC and have never broke the 15.3 mpg average. Maybe when EPA tests out the fuel mileage, they are conducted in very spaced out suburbs? Anyways, I recommend this car to everyone, ranging from that cliche fast and furious 18 year old to the neutered family man.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Honda CR-V Suv in VA is:

$117 per month*