Used 2009 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews - 166 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

So far, so good
By chuckfromli

2009 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Picked up my CRV 10 days ago. Have about 650 miles on it, including one trip of 450 miles round trip. I have no real complaints. The vehicle appears to be very well built. The seats are not the best though. I have the leather. They are OK, but I wouldn't really recommend this vehicle for long trips. Maybe mine will get more comfortable as they get broken in. Also the leather has a very plastic look and feel to it. What can you expect, I guess, when you are only paying 26K for a new vehicle fully loaded, especially when that vehicle has AWD. I have been averaging about 19 mpg in suburban driving, and got around 26-27 mpg on my highway trip, and that was mostly around 70-80 mph. Power is fine.

XM satellite, build quality appears to be top notch. Under the hood, everything appears jewel-like. You can clearly see what is steel, what is aluminum, and much of the steel actually looks to be polished or chromed.

The leather should be better quality. Other than that, there is nothing that I've noticed yet.

Fun to drive!
By Happy Honda Owner

2009 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

With over 10,000 miles, most cross-country with A.C. blasting, the CRV has averaged 30 mpg highway and 25 city! Love the interior lighting. The headrest is a bit uncomfortable on long drives, and for me, there is a "blind side" in the right rear. The steering wheel has a nice form, and I have grown to love the stereo's volume control located on it. The car has a tight seal and I feel safe it it. Wish there were some console and not just fold down...seems a bit of a waste of space. A.C. and heater work quickly. Handles well in the rain and has small turning radius. In cruise control, up hills, it doesn't skip a beat! Test drove Subaru, Saturn, Toyota, and Volvo (+$20,000!). Loved the CRV!

Night interior lighting. Safety. Easy handling. Spacious and quiet. Love the trip odometer display with mpg info and oil life info. Great gas mileage. Back door opens with ease from outside. I don't mind waiting at long lights if I am in this car!

Suggest different headrests. Seats could be a little more comfortable. An indicator for an open sunroof (roof can be shut and forgotten while window is 'vented'). A console. Standard side-molding; doors get banged easily. Wish back seats folded flat instead of upright. Lacks inside back door opener.

Disappointment
By rajinny

2009 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I traded in my Dodge Caravan that I had for 17 years for the Honda CR-V. The ac works intermittently and I took it back within the first week and it was not fixed. I had to take it back and the clutch, temp sensor and thermal protector were replaced and it still had the problem after being 3 days in the shop. Now I took it back and the dealership is troubleshooting. It is day 3. I contacted Honda Corporate- disappointed- one more layer of mgmt. I am looking into the lemon law process. I have had the vehicle for less than 2 months and less than 300 miles and it has been in the shop 3 times already. I would suggest that before buying test the SUV and ac sufficiently.

The CRV is a 4-cyl but handles like a 6-cyl. Easy steering and smooth acceleration. I am happy overall with the SUV except for ac.

Seats are rigid and uncomfortable, Air conditioning temp readings should be on the panel since ac intermittently, road noise is very noticeable, back hatch control should be on remote key and inside the vehicle, too early to tell other improvements.

Just picked it up and LOVE it
By Kristin

2009 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I just picked this car up tonight and already am in love. I just came off a lease of a Nissan Murano (2006), and while I enjoyed the Murano, I love my Honda. This is the first Honda I have owned. I did plenty of research before leasing this SUV. I looked at the Rav 4, Rogue, Escape, etc. The reviews on the CR-V blew the competition out of the water. I read all of the previous reviews, and again, just picked it up 4 hours ago, so at this point I have no complaints about anything. Looking forward to 36 months of BLISS in this car. LOVE IT!!!

Controls location, tumble forward seats for extra storage, gas mileage, and comfort.

NONE!!!!!

First Honda
By BurnsFamilyof4

2009 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Decided to purchase my first Honda and wanted something more than a car but not as much as a SUV. I test drove the CRV first and that is all it took. It has more room on the inside than one would think by looking at it from the outside. My kids and husband all love it and I call it the ultimate grocery getter...plenty of room for everything. I love the ride and the fuel mileage is average 26 mpg. Love it!

interior roominess

more padding on the armrests