2009 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
HONDA FAIL
By fathom73 on 05/14/13 19:07 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

2009 CRV EX. Out of warranty with less than 100K miles. Front bumper paint on the plastic parts has been peeling the last two years. HONDA FAIL. AC System Stopped working. $1500 fix... oh wait, it was recalled so the paid it, but still, Honda FAil! Rear Door Actuator for power locks went bad. $250. Honda Fail. Steering System (rack and Pinion) needs to be replaced. Over $1100 for just the parts. Labor is another bundle of $. Honda FAIL! Now my service writer told me these are COMMON!! So Common Honda actually went through with a Recall on the AC.. lucky me. NOT THE BRAND THEY ONCE WERE. HONDA FAIL. It seems like Honda is the old Hyundai and Visa Versa... Ugh

Loss of features over 2000 honda
By ms. mimi on 07/21/10 18:47 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

How I miss my Honda 2000!! The interior of my 2009 is crap. Stains on the upholstery, mostly from water and it looks worse than my trade in which was ten years old. Also, they took away the seat pockets on back seats, made the under passenger seat drawer so small it can't be used and took away two of the cup holders. I have to use one cup holder for storage of personal items. I also do not like the outside design. Loved my other one with the wheel on back. I needed a new car and went with Honda but do not like this car because of interior features mostly and outside design.

Love it!
By kimberly on 06/08/10 12:39 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I love my CR-V! I feel safe behind it which for me is the most important thing! My complaints are minor though I will say the gas mileage isn't so great. But I love how it handles. This is the largest car I've owned and parking it is a breeze.

Great MPG and Comfort
By Dale on 05/12/10 12:27 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The Ex model I have gets great MPG, about 24 city and 32 highway. The MPG gauge is great I try my best to keep it at 30 or above whenever I drive-sure does help to coast to stops and be gentle on the gas pedal. The car is very comfortable on around town trips- longer trips do make you stiff, but hours in any car can do that. The fit and finish is wonderful and the layout of the dash is good. I had a 1998 CR-V and this one is much better overall.

Terrible tire quality
By mike on 04/07/10 09:38 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have been well pleased with my CR-V. It get better gas mileage than I expected and it has ample room for a small SUV. The one downfall is the tires. It came with Bridgestone Dueler H/T 470 tires. At 17.000 miles they are worn out. I went to the tire dealer and was told there is no warranty on that tire. I went to the Honda dealer and was told by the service manager that they sell cars and are not in the tire business. A few minutes later he offered to sell me new tires, to which I reminded him that they are not in the tire business. I think it is a shame that a manufacturer sells a car for $24000, but, cuts corners on quality by using CHEAP tires

Front End
By Ken on 03/14/10 17:42 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We are having trouble with our front end the car wants to wander. We aligned it and it still has a wander and will vibrate When the wheel is turned there is resistance in the wheel like something obstructing the turning radius

Horrible Seats
By gdcinthebigd on 11/10/09 07:47 AM (PST)

2009 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Just got back from a 500 mile road trip and am seriously considering trading this vehicle in with only 2200 miles on it. I have owned 2 Hondas before - a 2001 Honda CRV and a 2005 Honda Accord and would never have expected the lousy design of the front seats in this vehicle. My right leg went numb after 100 miles. When I switched to the passenger seat I found out it is even worse. I'm a normal size guy (5'11"/190 lbs) and could not find a comfortable position. The seat cushions are too short. The headrests are too far forward. The seats are rock hard. What happened Honda? Is this cost-cutting? I won't buy another Honda ever after this.

Fun to drive!
By Happy Honda Owner on 10/06/09 10:55 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

With over 10,000 miles, most cross-country with A.C. blasting, the CRV has averaged 30 mpg highway and 25 city! Love the interior lighting. The headrest is a bit uncomfortable on long drives, and for me, there is a "blind side" in the right rear. The steering wheel has a nice form, and I have grown to love the stereo's volume control located on it. The car has a tight seal and I feel safe it it. Wish there were some console and not just fold down...seems a bit of a waste of space. A.C. and heater work quickly. Handles well in the rain and has small turning radius. In cruise control, up hills, it doesn't skip a beat! Test drove Subaru, Saturn, Toyota, and Volvo (+$20,000!). Loved the CRV!

Fun for the Price
By curtis on 08/16/09 09:35 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Great Car, should last beyond the payments. Front seats are weird, but not too tough, we love it and have seen many on the roads in Florida... Center Console is different, but we're ok with it... Great Job Honda.

09 CRV EX (compare to 02 CRV)
By ALK on 07/16/09 11:53 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Upgraded from an 02 CRV EX to an 09 CRV EX. The 09 "seems" smaller in the cargo area - but upon putting the cargo tray from the 02 into the 09 - it's actually the same size. The difference is that the 09 has support shelves for the cargo shelf that stick out into the trunk area. The hatch also slopes - so you lose some space. In addition, the EX is missing the hooks that the 02 had (to hang grocery bags). The 09 is missing dash storage - but the dash is much better designed - I can reach the radio controls without leaning forward. Note - the Honda supplied floor mats are junk! After 1500 miles, I've worn out the carpet pile. The mats on my 02 looked brand new after 7 years. Overall, B+.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Honda CR-V Suv in VA is:

$115 per month*