Used 2009 Honda CR-V EX SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Honda Cr-v - Consumer Reviews

2009 Honda CR-V SUV

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

HONDA FAIL
By fathom73

2009 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

2009 CRV EX. Out of warranty with less than 100K miles. Front bumper paint on the plastic parts has been peeling the last two years. HONDA FAIL. AC System Stopped working. $1500 fix... oh wait, it was recalled so the paid it, but still, Honda FAil! Rear Door Actuator for power locks went bad. $250. Honda Fail. Steering System (rack and Pinion) needs to be replaced. Over $1100 for just the parts. Labor is another bundle of $. Honda FAIL! Now my service writer told me these are COMMON!! So Common Honda actually went through with a Recall on the AC.. lucky me. NOT THE BRAND THEY ONCE WERE. HONDA FAIL. It seems like Honda is the old Hyundai and Visa Versa... Ugh

Favorite Features

Zippy little suv.

Suggested Improvements

Stop using inferior parts and stand behind your vehicles if it's a "Common" issue.

Loss of features over 2000 honda
By ms. mimi

2009 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

How I miss my Honda 2000!! The interior of my 2009 is crap. Stains on the upholstery, mostly from water and it looks worse than my trade in which was ten years old. Also, they took away the seat pockets on back seats, made the under passenger seat drawer so small it can't be used and took away two of the cup holders. I have to use one cup holder for storage of personal items. I also do not like the outside design. Loved my other one with the wheel on back. I needed a new car and went with Honda but do not like this car because of interior features mostly and outside design.

Favorite Features

The Honda brand itself and the reliability of Honda.

Suggested Improvements

The design of the car. Put pockets on seat backs, redesign that crappy center console, redo the cup holders and put back the bigger storage under seat.

Love it!
By kimberly

2009 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I love my CR-V! I feel safe behind it which for me is the most important thing! My complaints are minor though I will say the gas mileage isn't so great. But I love how it handles. This is the largest car I've owned and parking it is a breeze.

Favorite Features

Dash board displays. Sound system. Safety features. It's fun to drive! Four wheel drive. The the sun roof closes automatically but (see below)

Suggested Improvements

These are minor but I wish I could lock the door while the door is still open so I could put my keys in my purse, close the door and it's already locked. And I wish I could see the clock when the car is turned off. If you're sitting in the car the sun roof stays open (weight sensor perhaps?)

Great MPG and Comfort
By Dale

2009 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The Ex model I have gets great MPG, about 24 city and 32 highway. The MPG gauge is great I try my best to keep it at 30 or above whenever I drive-sure does help to coast to stops and be gentle on the gas pedal. The car is very comfortable on around town trips- longer trips do make you stiff, but hours in any car can do that. The fit and finish is wonderful and the layout of the dash is good. I had a 1998 CR-V and this one is much better overall.

Favorite Features

MPG gauge and service reminder tool. Also like the folding cargo shelf - wish it had a storage place built in when you have large items however.

Suggested Improvements

I wish it did not have the black plastic bumpers and trim. Back hatch door is sometimes difficult to close-a strap or auto close feature would be nice to have

Terrible tire quality
By mike

2009 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have been well pleased with my CR-V. It get better gas mileage than I expected and it has ample room for a small SUV. The one downfall is the tires. It came with Bridgestone Dueler H/T 470 tires. At 17.000 miles they are worn out. I went to the tire dealer and was told there is no warranty on that tire. I went to the Honda dealer and was told by the service manager that they sell cars and are not in the tire business. A few minutes later he offered to sell me new tires, to which I reminded him that they are not in the tire business. I think it is a shame that a manufacturer sells a car for $24000, but, cuts corners on quality by using CHEAP tires

Suggested Improvements

Better quality tires