2009 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
alright suv
By Retired Air Force on 02/26/10 01:00 AM (PST)

2009 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We bought the CRV to replace a Town and Country. My wife wanted something smaller to use for work. It is very noisy on the Houston roads, the car has 23,000 miles and the tires are already showing alot of wear. If you put the back windows down at highway speeds, there is a deafening noise that sounds like a jet is taking off in your back seat. The mileage is also not as good as we expected. Sitting in both front seats on long trips isn't all that enjoyable

Most reliable cars on the road
By Indianapolis on 02/02/10 05:12 AM (PST)

2009 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this for my wife, it has done everything I knew it would as I have owned Honda products in the past. 2-WD is more than adequate in the snow; absolutely no problems on ice/snow. Nothing breaks, everything works. Will last 20 years. Honda is quality.

Still Raving after 9 months ownership
By Happy CR-V Owners on 01/09/10 19:36 PM (PST)

2009 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We've had this car for 9 months, now, and could not be more pleased. Highway mileage from Florida to upstate NY averaged over 30 mph. Comfort and driveability are superb for this level of vehicle. (I do agree with a few others that road noise is a little above what we'd like, but who's perfect? Even with the 2-wheel drive that's standard in the south, we had no trouble driving in the snow and ice of Rochester, NY area a couple weeks ago. Overall, we're VERY pleased with our purchase and would buy another CR-V in a minute.

Headrest and Parking Brake Defect
By Wanda on 10/15/09 19:17 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I admired the new CR-V body style for a couple of years before buying one. I did a test drive and mentioned to the salesman that the headrest was uncomfortable. He said not to worry, it was adjustable. After purchasing the vehicle, the dealership did not provide an overview of any of the features -- all they wanted to do was make the sale. I recently drove my CR- V on a 6 hour day trip. By the time I got there, I had a massive headache. I also had a bruise on my left leg because the parking break is placed right where I normally rest my leg. Can you say buyer's remorse? I hate this car. The headrest is not adjustable and the parking break is going to stay where it is. Back to Toyota next time.

Compact with a mid size feel...
By Turp on 09/13/09 18:47 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We have driven this CRV for about 1,000 miles and taken a few trips. This design is very refined with road and wind noise very well controlled. The engine is very smooth and quiet. The typical 4 cyl rev can be heard when accelerating, but is not intrusive or loud. It has very responsive handling and power. While we have yet to do one of those "pedal to the metal" passes, the engine does allow very good pick-up with surprising torque. In comparison to the 2010 Forester, Rav4, and Venza, only the Venza beat it in ride refinement and quiet. However its 2.6 was slightly sluggish with the larger vehicle. The CRV feels more like a midsize in the passenger area than a compact.

You Want This Vehicle
By RobertM on 09/09/09 08:44 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I owned a 2006 Chevy Equinox and I traded up for this vehicle. I definitely traded up! The Chevy's interior left a lot to be desired and after a while I grew tired of the exterior as well. With my new CR-V I feel like I'm definitely driving in style. My main goal was to increase my mpg average without sacrificing space and comfort. I have a very large dog and thought a car might get better mileage, she would not have her own space. With the CR-V I get car style mileage and SUV style space. The perfect combination. If you're looking for that combination as well as great interior and exterior style and finish, then you've found the one to get. I've had it for two weeks now and have ZERO regrets.

Love the CR V
By Erica on 07/30/09 04:56 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We traded in our 04 Chrysler Town and Country that had 170,000 (my husband drives a lot for work)for the CR V. What a great and fun to drive truck it is! Our other car is a Volvo XC90, and while I enjoy driving it, the CR V is so easy to maneuver and park that I have virtually kidnapped th CR V from my husband. It really is a great value compact SUV for the money, not to mention the Honda reliability. This is our 3rd Honda and we couldn't be more pleased.

Pretty much a great little car
By CMW on 07/27/09 06:07 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I am happy I purchased this car because I love the way it looks and drives. Very practical. Lots of compliments from retirees. Car looks like it costs a lot more than it does.

Just Another
By Boring on 07/20/09 07:28 AM (PDT)

2009 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Well I was sold on all the hype of reliability. My wife is really upset we traded a Chevy that has zero issues to one that has us at the Honda Dealer every week. All little stuff from rattles to AC not working. Oh yeah my second transmission in 18000 Miles. Did I get a lemon? Don't think so, lots of others in the waiting room at Honda thinking what did I do. Oh the new body style will be better; seems they are doing a redesign to modernize it like the Nissan, Chevy , Ford and Mitsubishi.

Unhappy with gas mileage
By DW on 06/22/09 17:15 PM (PDT)

2009 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have yet to see 20 miles per gallon even on long trips and not going over 60 miles an hour.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Honda CR-V in VA is:

$109 per month*