Used 2009 Honda CR-V LX Consumer Reviews - 21 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

2009 Honda CR-V

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Reliable, comfortable - would buy another one
By M Hurst

2009 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've owned many Hondas, this is my first CR-V. It had been a leased vehicle, so when I purchased it, in 2011, it had 16,000 miles on it. As of today (3/1/2016) - it has 90,000 miles on the odometer and it runs as smoothly now as then. I've had it serviced regularly at a Honda dealer, so any parts which have been replaced (very few) are Honda parts.

Honestly, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend or purchase another one. I've recently been checking out newer SUVs in the same size, and have discovered mine still has the largest cargo area...taller than most. I love my fully adjustable driver's seat, especially the tilt feature which relives stress on my back, hips, and legs during long trips.

Searching for faults is a stretch, and what might bother me, may not matter to someone else. These include: some road noise, back seats which don't fold completely flat, and it should get better gas mileage.

I've just learned that this year and model Honda will be recalled to replace the air bag. So if you're considering this year...be sure to check whether yours has been replace.

CRV
By Liss

2009 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Good reliable car never a problem, will get a same new this year

Fuel pump fails @60K
By rss9

2009 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I am the first owner of this car. The tires were replaced in 18K. The fuel pump fails at 62K. I am not sure HONDA is maintaining quality. Dealer is trying to sell extended warranty informing me lot things can go wrong.

Interior design

Need to improve quality.

Great Utility
By chitown

2009 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We bought this last year and have put 15K miles on it. It has been absolutely trouble free. The engine performance is what you'd expect from a 4-banger in a vehicle this size: a little underwhelming. Still, it handles brilliantly for its size, has a crazy-good turn radius and is surprisingly short in length (making parallel parking in the city a snap), and gets solid fuel economy. We average about 25 mpg. Cruising on the expressway at 70, we get up to 31 mpg or so. Cargo space is fantastic. We've moved furniture boxes in this thing that we'd have never suspected could fit. It's not the most exciting vehicle on the planet, but it's super reliable and solid. Best car Honda offers for the $.

Cargo room, handling for its size, subtly brilliant ergonomics

More power. Address the minor rust issue with the steel wheels

Goodbye Jeep Liberty Hello CRV
By b-rice

2009 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

After driving a Jeep Liberty for 1.5 years we decided to trade up to a Honda. We constantly remind ourselves of the wise choice we made. We have now owned it for 8 months and 10k miles and still love it as much as we did when we drove it off the lot. It is very sporty, practical and for the most part comfortable. The 4 cyl engine should produce a more efficient mpg but 24-27 is almost double what we were getting in our V6 Liberty with almost as much power. The LX is very basic, but it gets you from point A to point B while having fun. I never realized how many were on the road until we bought it. Haven't regretted our purchase one bit.

Easy to read dash and computer, ipod adapter, decent stereo for LX model, peppy engine, decent fuel efficiency, nice cargo space, awesome safety features, sporty look, just a pleasure to see in the garage.

The wheels could be a little classier, not as many rubber/plastic exterior parts (including handles), would like a disc changer (like I have said ok for the LX), little better gas mileage which happened in 2010 model, seats that are a little easier to clean (my wife does hair=hair splinters in seat)