Used 2009 Honda CR-V LX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Fuel pump fails @60K
By rss9

2009 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I am the first owner of this car. The tires were replaced in 18K. The fuel pump fails at 62K. I am not sure HONDA is maintaining quality. Dealer is trying to sell extended warranty informing me lot things can go wrong.

Interior design

Need to improve quality.

Great Utility
By chitown

2009 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We bought this last year and have put 15K miles on it. It has been absolutely trouble free. The engine performance is what you'd expect from a 4-banger in a vehicle this size: a little underwhelming. Still, it handles brilliantly for its size, has a crazy-good turn radius and is surprisingly short in length (making parallel parking in the city a snap), and gets solid fuel economy. We average about 25 mpg. Cruising on the expressway at 70, we get up to 31 mpg or so. Cargo space is fantastic. We've moved furniture boxes in this thing that we'd have never suspected could fit. It's not the most exciting vehicle on the planet, but it's super reliable and solid. Best car Honda offers for the $.

Cargo room, handling for its size, subtly brilliant ergonomics

More power. Address the minor rust issue with the steel wheels

Goodbye Jeep Liberty Hello CRV
By b-rice

2009 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

After driving a Jeep Liberty for 1.5 years we decided to trade up to a Honda. We constantly remind ourselves of the wise choice we made. We have now owned it for 8 months and 10k miles and still love it as much as we did when we drove it off the lot. It is very sporty, practical and for the most part comfortable. The 4 cyl engine should produce a more efficient mpg but 24-27 is almost double what we were getting in our V6 Liberty with almost as much power. The LX is very basic, but it gets you from point A to point B while having fun. I never realized how many were on the road until we bought it. Haven't regretted our purchase one bit.

Easy to read dash and computer, ipod adapter, decent stereo for LX model, peppy engine, decent fuel efficiency, nice cargo space, awesome safety features, sporty look, just a pleasure to see in the garage.

The wheels could be a little classier, not as many rubber/plastic exterior parts (including handles), would like a disc changer (like I have said ok for the LX), little better gas mileage which happened in 2010 model, seats that are a little easier to clean (my wife does hair=hair splinters in seat)

Wishful thinking.
By tom

2009 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I live and drive in San Francisco. Our streets are not the best. We have lots of hills, stop signs, and untimed traffic lights. I guess none of this is taken into account when "they" calculate the city mpg. With about 80% city and 20% highway driving, I'm getting, with a very light foot, about 17 mpg. The turning radius is a bit too much for easy U-type-turns. The rear window is too high for easy backing into my downhill garage. Road noise at freeway speed is a bit too loud. I expected better.

The ride is firm, pothole control is excellent, braking is outstanding. Wheel response is outstanding. Forward visibility is outstanding. Engine noise is very low and accelerates like a V-6. I'm a very happy camper.

A lower rear window, and an option to unlock any door occupied by a passenger when in park and the key is removed from the ignition. Not all passengers are kids. Reduce the turning radius.

love and hate of my new CRV
By David

2009 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Just bought my 2009 Honda CRV LX 2X and got very annoyed by the driver's seat head support. It is absolutely unacceptable design. Only one hour drive already made my neck uncomfortable.It is like a bullet sitting against the back of your head! forcing your head to bent.The engine is very smooth in local but luggish and noisy on uphills.Accept these two, everything else is almost perfect.But these will cause me to sell it right away.especially the seat.The power is known to be not very good on uphills.But the front seats are not acceptable.pay good attention to it before you buy it. I regret not going to test drive the RAV4.

love the exterior desin, the steering wheel, the traction and stability control, the glacier blue color.

absolutely redesign the front seats.it is hard to image Honda engeer made this blunder.