Used 2009 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews - 165 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

2009 Honda CR-V

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Reliable, comfortable - would buy another one
By M Hurst

2009 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've owned many Hondas, this is my first CR-V. It had been a leased vehicle, so when I purchased it, in 2011, it had 16,000 miles on it. As of today (3/1/2016) - it has 90,000 miles on the odometer and it runs as smoothly now as then. I've had it serviced regularly at a Honda dealer, so any parts which have been replaced (very few) are Honda parts.

Honestly, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend or purchase another one. I've recently been checking out newer SUVs in the same size, and have discovered mine still has the largest cargo area...taller than most. I love my fully adjustable driver's seat, especially the tilt feature which relives stress on my back, hips, and legs during long trips.

Searching for faults is a stretch, and what might bother me, may not matter to someone else. These include: some road noise, back seats which don't fold completely flat, and it should get better gas mileage.

I've just learned that this year and model Honda will be recalled to replace the air bag. So if you're considering this year...be sure to check whether yours has been replace.

CRV
By Liss

2009 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Good reliable car never a problem, will get a same new this year

Nice Small Honda CR-V EX-L AWD (love it so far)
By Ray

2009 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Recently picked up an 09 Honda CR-V EX-L AWD with 88,800 miles on it (This is my first Honda). Go to say, overall I am fairly impressed by it. I did a thorough overall inspection in, out, around, under, etc... and that was before I got in it to test how it drives, shifts, sounds, etc...) For having that many miles on it I have to say it looks and drives like an auto that would have half the miles on it. I can't comment on reliability and costs yet as I just picked it up a week ago. So far though, it runs, drives and looks great. I got an excellent deal at $11K purchase price. Everything in and out functions as it should and I received it with new brakes all around and new tires. I have owned a few Chevy SUV's in the past and seriously those were ready for the junk yard by the time they hit 100k miles, not to mention that they were both money pits (I do maintain my autos faithfully and do most of the maintenance work myself so I know the job is getting done correctly). I do not beat on my autos, it can be hard to determine how a machine will hold up as everyone drives and maintains there autos differently. I will try and do my best to update my review as time goes by (this one will be tested in the New England environment).

We like my Honda CR-V so much that we are in the process of trading in my wife's Kia Soul (purchased new, now has 78,000 miles on it) for another Honda CRV

Great SUV for a single man
By calicorkication

2009 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This car has been great for my needs. Mainly, I use it for car camping. I removed the back seat and use the extra room for moving furniture and large items. When I bought the car, it had a tow hitch already installed. I have used it to pull several U-haul trailers and a flatbed trailer borrowed from a friend to move sofas, love seats, etc and it has worked great for all purposes. Also, I added a roof rack and a cargo box that has worked great for my needs. The original tires that were on it when I bought it used lasted for 85,000 miles.

I tend to get 24 mpg with a mix of city and highway use. If I travel at 70 mph on the interstates and/or take back road highways at 55 mph, I tend to get the 27 mpg that Honda states the car can get. Otherwise, if I drive 75 mph I tend to get 24-25 mpg.

My main complaints are the drivers side power window is not always reliable but the others work fine up to this point. Also, the moon roof has not opened in nearly 3 years. I have tried to reset it following online instructions and I can hear a sound like a motor trying to move it but it goes nowhere so I stop to avoid breaking it further.

Honda continues to make great vehicles
By M. Hurst

2009 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased my '09 CRV in January 2011. It had been a leased car and only had 16,000 miles on it. The other vehicles I was considering at that time were a 2011 Hyunda Tucson, a 2011 Toyota RAV4, a Toyota Venza, and a Chevy Traverse.

I've enjoyed driving this car. It's very comfortable on long trips (it's been cross-country twice), has plenty of power, and the cargo area is much larger in cubic feet than most other small SUVs. I have dogs, and the rear easily holds 2 crates. As of date it has over 86,000 miles on it. I'll probably put another 40-50,000 on it before I trade it.

No major repairs yet. I have had it routinely serviced at a Honda dealer, replace the battery once, and all four tires.

Only complaints (which Honda has not improved/changed) are: road noise, should get better mileage for a small 4 cylinder engine, no vents to deliver air to back seat or rear compartment, the backseat does not fold completely flat.

Would I purchase another Honda CRV - yes!