Used 2009 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Honda Cr-v - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Fuel pump fails @60K
By rss9

2009 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I am the first owner of this car. The tires were replaced in 18K. The fuel pump fails at 62K. I am not sure HONDA is maintaining quality. Dealer is trying to sell extended warranty informing me lot things can go wrong.

Favorite Features

Interior design

Suggested Improvements

Need to improve quality.

HONDA FAIL
By fathom73

2009 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

2009 CRV EX. Out of warranty with less than 100K miles. Front bumper paint on the plastic parts has been peeling the last two years. HONDA FAIL. AC System Stopped working. $1500 fix... oh wait, it was recalled so the paid it, but still, Honda FAil! Rear Door Actuator for power locks went bad. $250. Honda Fail. Steering System (rack and Pinion) needs to be replaced. Over $1100 for just the parts. Labor is another bundle of $. Honda FAIL! Now my service writer told me these are COMMON!! So Common Honda actually went through with a Recall on the AC.. lucky me. NOT THE BRAND THEY ONCE WERE. HONDA FAIL. It seems like Honda is the old Hyundai and Visa Versa... Ugh

Favorite Features

Zippy little suv.

Suggested Improvements

Stop using inferior parts and stand behind your vehicles if it's a "Common" issue.

Water Leaks in CRV interior (no moonroof)
By williamj62

2009 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Noticed longterm musty smell in our one owner , one driver 2009 CRV. Found significant amount of water in spare tire compartment and front passenger floor board. Car in excellent shape w/22k miles, no moonroof, no accidents with dealer installed roof rails. Saw several similar complaints on internet. Took to dealer, cost $600 to "seal under rear bumper" and under windshiel lower cowl area. Hopefully the problem was addressed. Was told seams were not sealed by factory. Dealer had seen this problem before and was very through looking for the problem-not a dealer issue. Honda, however, would not cover the cost of any of this, although it is clearly a factory quality control problem.

Favorite Features

Exterior design, cargo space.

Suggested Improvements

Improvement in basic workmanship to prevent leaks in the interior. Sealed seams, leak prevention, more comfortable back seats.

Checking in at 20K
By chuckfromli

2009 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Just passed 20K recently. Went on KBB a few minutes ago to see what the car is worth. Private party value for very good condition is 21K. That means I only lost about $5500 in almost three years and 20,000 miles, and I didn't even enter my mileage. Their default was like 40K miles! Car is overall very, very good. Love the heated seats and the sound system. I have not had any problems at all. Washed it by hand today and I was surprised to see the tires getting close to wear bars. I would guess there's another 7 or 8K left on them. In fact, I like it so much we may buy a 2012 for my wife.

Favorite Features

sunroof, heated seats, sound system, XM radio, resale value, and an overall feeling that is is just built right.

Suggested Improvements

The leather is still cheap and plasticky. The tires howl on concrete roads. The seats cold have more padding.

Tires and oil use
By david1237

2009 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have 54,000 mi on a 2009 CRV we bought new. I am happy overall with the vehicle. Get 24 mph running around and have gotten as high as 30-31 mph long trip; babying it! I seem to use a quart of oil Mobil synthetic every 2000 mi or so! The dealer says anything over a quart every 1000 mi is within normal limits. The Tires that came on the vehicle are "crap". I changed them at 28,000 mi and they were nearly bald. Could have been changed several thousand miles earlier. I generally keep the vehicles for 200,000 miles. I change the oil at 15% averaging every 10,000 miles or so! A little scary, but this is OK with the dealer. I do feel better using synthetic and have used since the first oil change