Two years of ownership
By zheka on
2008 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
It's been almost two years since I got the '08 CR-V LX AWD. I now have 34k miles on it. Two trips to the dealer, one for minor rattles, another for rusty/fused brakes (parked at the airport for 2 weeks). Tires are about to be replaced, brakes are at 40%, handles well in the rain and snow. Average fuel economy (measured for the full tank) has been around 22, with the worst of 19 in the city driving and best of 27 on highway. Sometimes I average 30+ mpg for a 40-50 mile trip. CR-V drives very car-like and has good handling, but sometimes I wish it has a manual transmission, as automatic can be hesitant sometimes.
Favorite Features
Car-like handling, takes corners with confidence. Can comfortably accommodate 4 people with camping gear for a weekend, and take most dirt roads. I do not feel tired after 400+ mile trips.
Suggested Improvements
Poor quality fabric, stains VERY easily. Transmission can be hesitant at times, hunting for the right gear.
By jaialex
on 01/01/12 14:14 PM (PST)

I bought my 2008 Honda CR-V EX in 2007 and have LOVED it ever since! This is my 3rd Honda (Accord, Civic, now CR-V) and I've not been disappointed, even 25 yrs later. The vehicle drives well, is comfortable, quiet and gets great long distance gas mileage (fairly decent city MPG). Favorite Features - I feel like I'm driving while sitting in my living room. Unlike in year's past, I now offer to drive w/friends all the time now. I also like that I can drive it like a truck over bumps, curves and climbs. It's the best for storing all my sports equipment (yoga, biking, etc.) and work materials...tons of space and the car doesn't feel too big! Suggested improvements - I've always said "Hondas are made for women" but this is the only one that doesn't feel that way. The driver's headrest is too high and the steering wheel is too thick for my hands; and makes them cramp or feel strained while driving sometimes.