First Honda Owned. 16 Months of ownership.
By tmo1976 on
2008 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)
This is my first Honda (have owned two Toyota's, three Volvo's) product. Purchased as a CPO vehicle and had one issue, A/C clutch was on it's way out after 10k miles of my ownership. Covered under warranty. Ride is firm but that is ok with me as I like a firm ride. Buttons on steering wheel are OK. Wish there was a scan feature for radio like one of my other vehicles has. CRV handles well in rain, light snow. AWD is allright for what is. Kids like the sliding rear seats so they can adjust as they like (believe that is no longer available on new ones). Rear seat recline feature is good also. Decent cargo capacity for travel.
Favorite Features
Like the firm ride. Also, while some folks have said it is noisy inside, I can't really comment on that as the vehicle I also drive periodically (Z71 truck with AT tires) is a bit noisy. Good headroom, I'm 6' and so is my spouse. Mileage is good. I get 19-20 in straight in-town driving depending on traffic. About 25 for my commute (17 miles one way, 12 of that is highway). Best mileage on a trip was 28.5 with AC on, cruise set on 72. Figured mileage the old fashioned way, miles driven by gallons used to fill it up. Computer estimate is off. Holds a decent amount of luggage for trips. No trouble keeping up with traffic or passing, even in mountains in N. Carolina.
Suggested Improvements
Seems like AC is a bit problematic on CRV's. Hoping the clutch failure on this one is a one time thing. Carpet is interesting. Seems thin. Also, replaced the carpeted floor mats that were new when I purchased this CPO vehicle for Honda all-weather mats as the carpeted mats started "pilling" up within about 3 weeks of my buying the vehicle. While I find the seats comfortable, it would be nice if there were additional adjustments available on the non-powered seats similar to the power seats on the EX-L. I have had a couple of vehicles with non-powered seats that had more adjustments. Power mirror switch should be on driver door panel, not dash.