2008 Honda CR-V Consumer Review: Back to Honda

2008 Honda CR-V - Consumer Review

LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Automatic)

Back to Honda
By Consumer2007 on

2008 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I was searching for a 2007 Honda or Toyota as replacement to my Volvo 850 since June in anticipation of expensive repairs. After a few twists and turns settled on a 2008 CR-V. I have driven less than 600 miles, my impressions are: Rear styling is similar to my Volvo 850 and its side profile is growing on me. The glacier blue looks good in many different lightings. Curve handling is surprisingly good, the bright headlights make me feel safe with night time driving. Seat is reasonably supportive for hours of driving. Everything feels solid and no rattling. Road and wind noises are minimal especially with audio on. Easy ingress and ingress. A viable alternative to a luxury wagon.

Favorite Features

Allows internal access to rear without exiting. Fuel/ trip monitor to maximize MPG efficiency. Spacious and low clearance to lift heavy items into the car. Cruise control on steering wheel, wider tires to improve handling. Top rated safety features as standard equipments. Reliable and less costly.

Suggested Improvements

Integrate the antenna with windows. Include privacy glass to LX model. Easier way to interpret required maintenance works. Make the rear pillar window larger and eliminate the blind spots, especially with high profile car seats in place. continue to improve the MPG and make it drive more like a car.