2008 Honda CR-V Consumer Review: LOVE my CR-V

2008 Honda CR-V - Consumer Review

EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Automatic)

LOVE my CR-V
By Melissa on

2008 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have had my CR-V for just over 2 years. I put on around 30,000 miles per year, mostly freeway/highway driving. My mileage overall has averaged around 26 mpg over that time, and it easily gets over 30 mpg when driving at 60mph on non-interstate highways. I agree with other reviewers about the poor quality tires that came on the vehicle...they had to be replaced far sooner than any on any other car I've ever had. I replaced them with Cooper CS 4s and have been very happy. The CR-V is fantastic on ice and in snow. I feel very safe when I have to drive in inclement weather on my 40 mile one-way daily commute to work. Doesn't ride as smoothly as a car, but I didn't expect it to.

Sunroof, folding center tray (I have a large dog that I often take with me, and this feature makes it VERY easy to vacuum and keep the interior clean), audio jack, adjustable height on driver's seat, and the unique position of the gear shift lever.

Heated cloth seats. I did not go with the leather because I was worried that the dog would scratch them up too much. Redesign the back seats so they can fold down flat.