2008 Honda CR-V Consumer Review: Great SUV with some exceptions

2008 Honda CR-V - Consumer Review

EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Automatic)

Great SUV with some exceptions
By azdesertguy on

2008 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My CR-V is great except for two issues that have really bugged me. 1. Noisy tires 2. No auto headlight turn off How in the world can a manufacture be so stupid to leave a feature off auto headlight turn off. I had the least equipped 2004 Vibe and it had auto headlight turn off. I figured the top of the model should have this feature. Talk about stupidity in the first degree!!!!!! Then noisy tires....yikes!! I have had people not wanting to ride with me due to the fact the tire noise is so high it would give one the impression the stupid wheels are going to fall off due to bad wheel bearings. Fortunately, I had this checked and all the noise is from tires....

I like the response of the engine. Getting away from stops is fine. Ride is satisfactory, gas mileage is good. Interior features are good. Seating is comfortable and like the power driver's seat settings.

1. Add auto headlight turn off 2. Better insulation or whatever it takes to quiet the road noise!! This alone is cause enough to where I wouldn't buy another CR-V. I've owned many cars as I have a lot of years on and have to say this alone is a killer for me as far as ever buying another one. In fact I don't think I will keep this noisy beast much longer!!