2008 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
Poor plastic choice for interior
By Bear on 05/10/09 14:44 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The plastic used in the interior is easily scratched. The luxury model lacks many common feature such as automatic headlights or lumbar support for the passenger. The sun visor does not keep the sun out very well. My wife hates this vehicle. I do not recommend this model.

Practical but Fun
By Mike on 05/02/09 09:20 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

MPG depends. Oregon uses 10% ethanol. Hwy=26-28. In non ethanol states Hwy=29-31 (moderate hills and 70 mph). My combined average after 3,000 is 25mpg with 70/30 mix. No race car but smooth and responsive. Visibility is actually good (I wondered). I'm a single man who is very active. It works great: surfboards on top, bikes fit inside, etc. There is really a lot of room for the MPG. For those who think it is too female, get over yourselves - it is a car that does what you want. I was looking for wagon but US has few / SUV's are too big and inefficient (and many have no inside room). The Subaru is better AWD but smaller with same MPG and this was over $1000 less. Works for me.

I Love My Honda CRV
By Dr of Golf on 04/26/09 16:32 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This has got to be the best Honda that we've ever owned. The mileage is fantastic for an SUV-type vehicle and the space is great. The mileage compares to our old Honda Accord. Our new CRV is fun to drive and we love taking it out on the highway where it gives us about 32 mpg. We average about 25 mpg in town. Can't say enough about the great gas mileage and the fun it is to drive. Best economical car we've ever owned. Like it almost as much as our Mercedes 560SL ... almost.

14 months and 32k with 2008 CR-V
By peterdh2000 on 04/21/09 11:18 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have 90 mile daily commute, good mpg required, thus had to pass on any V6 SUV's. CR-V won't thrill with acceleration, but I routinely have 4 adults, a baby, and a load of Costco purchases aboard, and it handles hills and merges just fine. Nimble handling, good sight lines, excellent brakes. 2008 had several crazy snowstorms in Pacific NW. CR-V AWD handled quite well, although the stock Bridgestone tires not the greatest and at 32k are almost spent. Nary a squeak or rattle, except for a whistling sound from the A/C every so often. Rogue was a close second, having Bluetooth, Xenon, Bose, but also fixed rear seat and headrests, and a little less solid feeling.

2008 Honda CR-V
By jjh on 03/19/09 14:04 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned my CR-V for about 6 months now. In general, it's a very nice car to drive, has decent handling, good mpg for a small SUV, and is very nicely designed. The power is rather lacking, but it's only a 4 cylinder, and I find myself continuously frustrated that it is only sold as an automatic. However, the general reliability, safety, performance, and resale value of CR-Vs made this my first choice because of the arrival of our new baby. If no baby, I would never have purchased this vehicle simply due to personal taste... I'm a truck person.

Features are now top notch
By Mac on 03/17/09 16:10 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Sold a '99 CRV when the 2008 came with power driver's seat. It comes with so much more: Heated seats, tilt & telescope steering, dual a/c, TPMS, service calculation for oil change, etc. Wish it had auto headlights and auto rear view mirror. Nevertheless, this is one terrific vehicle, especially at the price of $25,000 for the EX-L. We tested all the best and the CRV was just a clear winner. My wife has subsequently bought the runner up for herself- the Nissan Rogue SL because it now comes with leather on the FWD, which was not avail. in 2008.

Sporty Chick CUV!
By Kari on 03/14/09 07:21 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Absolutely designed for a women. Love the purse spot in front of console & steering wheel is sized right. This CUV is built vault-like solid, from solid door closures to 1st class switchgear w/ great tactile feel. CRV has the nicest interior between the Forester & Rav 4 (by far). Dual temp controls work great & is fantastic when my husband is riding along. Gas mileage is lower than expected avg 22mpg. Only complaint is you feel all road imperfections.

Great Car
By HA on 03/10/09 10:38 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I needed a new car in a reasonable price range. The CR-V is perfect for my needs. Great highway mileage; plenty of space and standard features have everything I need. It is somewhat bumpy at times on rough pavement, but it is dependable and I love the style of the exterior and interior. Also, the safety ratings are great. I live in Ohio and the weather is not great and it has handled very well in the rain and snow. I would definitely recommend this car to anyone looking for a compact SUV or a new car period.

Excellent Value
By Nishant on 03/02/09 15:01 PM (PST)

2008 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned the CR-V for four months, and am extremely satisfied with it. The ride is comfortable and is a good small sized SUV. The only issue is that the computer MPG is almost always slightly higher than my calculated MPG (about 1 mpg error). Other than that, great car...

Practical and Dependable
By Switched on 02/18/09 21:37 PM (PST)

2008 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I owned this vehicle for a short period of time. I was impressed for what it is, but finally came to terms with what it isn't. It IS a thoughtful design that is very practical and reliable. It was NOT a bachelor car. And I'm a bachelor. Almost every other CR-V driver I saw was a middle-aged or elderly lady. I got odd comments and reactions when picking up a date - none of the ego stroking I have gotten from even moderately priced sport sedans. Found myself constantly sinking money into accessories to make it into something it wasn't. After 7 months I traded it for a Bimmer. With mild redesign, CR-V could appeal to a broader demographic, but apparently Honda is not concerned about it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.