Used 2008 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

The perfect vechicle except ...
By northporter

2008 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Gas is 22 mpg, sometimes 21.9. Hard to take after owning three 40 mpg toyotas. Too bad toyotas are made so cheaply and badly now. But the Honda is a hoot to drive, has adequate power and amazing comfort and room. Gas mileage is not good tho. But you cant have everything, I guess.

Comfortable and fun to drive. Nice high clearance, feels like a safe vehicle. Attractive and few blind spots.

Strange circular light shadows on the trees in night driving. Badly placed cup holders. How about one on the door or to the left of the dash? Glove compartments are kinda small, and the little storage cubbyholes in the console are too small to be of real use. Better gas mileage, somehow.

Favorite car
By marcia

2008 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have always had fords and i love my cr-v! i didn't think i would need a nav. but it was used and a good deal. had a Mazda 5 (made by ford) and it did horrible in the snow. i feel safe in this car even though its a 2wd. people come into my work asking me if the cr-v is my car and somebody bought one because of me. I Love It

vtec power, comfort, storage, roof rack looks

fog lights standard on exl, hybrid

2008 Honda CRV
By cope6

2008 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Of course there is the grinding/annoying brake noise, it has pulled to the right when stopping (deal said that rust/dirt causing the problem), have had clicking sounds at times when I go to start it and for some reason the rear differential has a problem every 10,000 or so miles. My 97 CRV's differential had problems at maybe 150-160 thousand miles .. needed grease! The dealer told me the clicking sound I get at times when I go to start it just can't be the starter because it's a new vehicle!! What is it then - battery is good! Pulling to the right when stopping - per them dirt on rotors/brakes - why do they get so much dirt? Why do they want $100 to grease the differential every 10K?

Color

Brakes, rotors, differential and probably starter!

Love my CR-V!
By Amy

2008 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

When I was looking at cars, it was between this and the RAV-4. The rides were similar, but set this car apart was the interior comfort and style. Love the heated seats and still use them in Florida on cold mornings. Versatile back seat positioning allowing me to pack full to the brim with stuff. Great handling in rain and snow. Love how the car slows itself down when decelerating and the design of the gear shift.

Interior design, heated seats and exterior mirrors, foldable back seats, handling, electronic gauges with gas mileage estimation and mpg usage.

Less plastic on exterior, more cargo space in trunk (wheel takes up most of the room now), continue bumping up the gas mileage.

A Rip for the pice
By Peter

2008 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Never again a Honda CR-V. Tires need replacing at 31,000, noisy ride down the highway, no sound insulation and no power with a small 4 cyl eng. With the small engine you would expect gas milage in excess of 25 mpg and not 22, which is what we average, which is mostly hwy driven.

Vehicle looks very nice and has a comfortable ride except for in vehicle noise

Lower the cost, put good tires on at point of manufacture, and insulate the chassis to reduce noise level.