2008 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
Bad Brakes Honda Should Recall
By bobw on 07/08/09 10:13 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My 2008 Honda CRV only has 29000 miles. I brought it to the Dealership to check out a Grinding Noise that happened when I hit the brakes. The dealership told me that my CRV need front and rear rotors and front and rear pads. I have never ever had to replace Rotors or pads at 29000 miles in my whole life. This Cost me over $1100.00. I feel that Honda should have a recall. I've read many complaints about Honda Brakes There is definitely something wrong with Honda's Brake parts and Honda should do something.

No Worries
By Honda4life on 07/02/09 05:37 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car 1 year ago, after owning our last CRVLX for 8 1/2 years. We have been extremely happy with the performance and comfort of our SUV. The gas mileage is awesome. We have gotten 29-30mpg on the HWY, and 22-24 in combined city/hwy driving. Much better than our last CRV.

Back Problems? Buy This!
By Kwheat on 06/29/09 19:11 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We were looking for a car with comfortable seats and good for a bad back. This is it. Our old Subaru Legacy gave us both back aches in 15 minutes of driving. With the Honda CRV we drove for 13 hours pain free! We love the leather seats and seat warmers, but for those who need support the armrests are fantastic! We debated leather - to go with the all leather or not. So glad we did. It's fun to drive. Shorter than my Subaru Legacy sedan and easier to get in and out of. Love it, Love it, Love it.

I'd buy it again
By Matt on 06/28/09 07:32 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My wife bought an LX AWD, and I ended up liking it so much, I traded in my Expedition (kids got older; didn't need all the space anymore) and got an LX AWD too. It is sturdy, reliable, solid, safe and quiet. It also has all the safety features of the highest end Honda (we like that about Hondas). I mostly drive in the city, jumping on and off the interstate on occasion, and I average about 22-23 mpg. On highway trips, I get 26-28 mpg. The best words to describe our Hondas are basic (in the best sense of the word) and solid. They have everything you need (including the AWD and ABS for snow/ice) without all the extra bells and whistles and related cost. Also, no worries and no problems.

Great Gas Mileage
By Jason on 06/24/09 22:11 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My LX gets 25 in town and up to 31 sometimes on the freeway driving about 5 miles above the speed limit usually. Cruise control really helps w/ the gas too. I really enjoy the car. It is not like driving a Mercedes or something but most of us don't anyway so big deal. It has great room and the seats are comfortable. Totally worth what I paid and reliable. Some people may just not be satisfied or don't tell the whole truth.

Disappointed
By Honda Honey on 06/16/09 00:39 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

AC and electrical issues as well as pulling to side upon acceleration. Master brake cylinder went out and had to be replaced. Ride is jiggly compared to other SUV I had considered. No tinted windows so gets hot! Poor acceleration with AC on which did have probs as well as idiot lights sometimes lighting. Got a lemon... Not happy with power...even the Hyundai is faster (and has a much better ride, though Mercedes heavy feeling). Needs more storage compartments, no bumper to stand on to get to roof racks... paint chips easily in parking lots... Cute, bought because of reputation. At least it still has 2 years on warranty... Got a lemon...

OK, but the 03 was better I think
By anghel on 06/13/09 06:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I owned an 03 CRV EX, I bought the 08 model. Other than the turning radius which the CRV, and more stability with strong winds and rain, there's not much comparison. I loved my old CRV way better. First, the new CRV struggles with acceleration worse than the old one. The 6 cd changer is placed on the cup holders between the front seats and the cd holders look like old sandwich boxes. And this structure is permanently attached that if you drop something on its sides, makes for difficult cleaning. There is less head/leg room. Side mirror adjustments were moved. Trunk space is less. No picnic table. The tires gave at 30K miles. So loud too.

Well worth the money
By Dan on 06/05/09 19:28 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

So far I have owned my 2008 CRV for 8 months. After my Mitsubishi Galant was totaled in a fire, I bought this baby. I was surprised how well the vehicle handled, how well the fuel economy was, and how comfortable the interior was. I achieve about 21 mpg in the city on average, while achieving an average of about 28 mpg on the highway. Overall, great vehicle and I certainly recommend it to others.

Great except for gas mileage
By Melanie on 06/01/09 07:06 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I'm surprised in other comments that most people get much better gas mileage than I do. I get around 17 in town and 24 on the highway, and I don't drive that aggressively. At first I thought it was winter driving conditions, but it gets about the same in the summer as it does in the winter, regardless of the ethanol in the gas or the snow on the ground. I'm getting rid of it now that I'm moving to a southern state and will be doing a lot of in-town driving. It's an okay car and I do like it, but totally not worth the gas- guzzling aspect of it. One good thing I have to say is that I'm getting a better trade-in value than I had expected. At least other people think it's a great vehicle.

Poor plastic choice for interior
By Bear on 05/10/09 14:44 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The plastic used in the interior is easily scratched. The luxury model lacks many common feature such as automatic headlights or lumbar support for the passenger. The sun visor does not keep the sun out very well. My wife hates this vehicle. I do not recommend this model.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Honda CR-V Suv in WA is:

$132 per month*