2008 Honda CR-V LX SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
Weak Point
By Tim on 08/04/09 18:45 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I am very disappointed with the upholstery on my CR-V. This car is 16 months old and the seats look worse than my 2002 Odyssey. This material does not clean up and shows wear at an unacceptable level. I bought Honda because I expect 10 years before I trade, and in this case I may soon be trading- maybe not Honda.

Refined
By GAB on 07/24/09 19:02 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

After 1.5 years I am very pleased. Zero problems, very refined for this price point, immensely practical. City gas mileage over the last 3.5k miles: 23mpg. Best HWY mileage: 33mpg. Excellent build quality. Performance and mpg improved slightly after the first couple K miles. Would buy again in a heart beat.

Disillusioned Honda owner
By gkg451 on 07/21/09 03:43 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Purchased my CR-V as a low mileage executive driven vehicle after much research. The vehicle is exhibiting an annoying vibration at speeds between 85 and 110 k/hr. Dealer in conj. with Honda unable to correct. Honda says that no defect exists although they have a name for the condition - harmonic tingle. Apparently many other CR-Vs have same problem. I tried a brand new 90 and it had the same problem. Honda says I have to live with the situation as there is no way to eliminate problem.

Excellent SUV (or Crossover)
By James on 07/16/09 17:22 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Reasons why I bought it: 1) Its HONDA (Quality, Reliability) 2) Interior 3) Exterior 4) Gas Mileage (NO GOOD) 5) Spare Parts available.

Bad Brakes Honda Should Recall
By bobw on 07/08/09 10:13 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My 2008 Honda CRV only has 29000 miles. I brought it to the Dealership to check out a Grinding Noise that happened when I hit the brakes. The dealership told me that my CRV need front and rear rotors and front and rear pads. I have never ever had to replace Rotors or pads at 29000 miles in my whole life. This Cost me over $1100.00. I feel that Honda should have a recall. I've read many complaints about Honda Brakes There is definitely something wrong with Honda's Brake parts and Honda should do something.

No Worries
By Honda4life on 07/02/09 05:37 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car 1 year ago, after owning our last CRVLX for 8 1/2 years. We have been extremely happy with the performance and comfort of our SUV. The gas mileage is awesome. We have gotten 29-30mpg on the HWY, and 22-24 in combined city/hwy driving. Much better than our last CRV.

Back Problems? Buy This!
By Kwheat on 06/29/09 19:11 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We were looking for a car with comfortable seats and good for a bad back. This is it. Our old Subaru Legacy gave us both back aches in 15 minutes of driving. With the Honda CRV we drove for 13 hours pain free! We love the leather seats and seat warmers, but for those who need support the armrests are fantastic! We debated leather - to go with the all leather or not. So glad we did. It's fun to drive. Shorter than my Subaru Legacy sedan and easier to get in and out of. Love it, Love it, Love it.

I'd buy it again
By Matt on 06/28/09 07:32 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My wife bought an LX AWD, and I ended up liking it so much, I traded in my Expedition (kids got older; didn't need all the space anymore) and got an LX AWD too. It is sturdy, reliable, solid, safe and quiet. It also has all the safety features of the highest end Honda (we like that about Hondas). I mostly drive in the city, jumping on and off the interstate on occasion, and I average about 22-23 mpg. On highway trips, I get 26-28 mpg. The best words to describe our Hondas are basic (in the best sense of the word) and solid. They have everything you need (including the AWD and ABS for snow/ice) without all the extra bells and whistles and related cost. Also, no worries and no problems.

Great Gas Mileage
By Jason on 06/24/09 22:11 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My LX gets 25 in town and up to 31 sometimes on the freeway driving about 5 miles above the speed limit usually. Cruise control really helps w/ the gas too. I really enjoy the car. It is not like driving a Mercedes or something but most of us don't anyway so big deal. It has great room and the seats are comfortable. Totally worth what I paid and reliable. Some people may just not be satisfied or don't tell the whole truth.

Disappointed
By Honda Honey on 06/16/09 00:39 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

AC and electrical issues as well as pulling to side upon acceleration. Master brake cylinder went out and had to be replaced. Ride is jiggly compared to other SUV I had considered. No tinted windows so gets hot! Poor acceleration with AC on which did have probs as well as idiot lights sometimes lighting. Got a lemon... Not happy with power...even the Hyundai is faster (and has a much better ride, though Mercedes heavy feeling). Needs more storage compartments, no bumper to stand on to get to roof racks... paint chips easily in parking lots... Cute, bought because of reputation. At least it still has 2 years on warranty... Got a lemon...