Used 2008 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

No Next Tme
By Warren Norman

2008 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This car runs me crazy downshifting back and forth on slight grades, not enough power unless using lower gear. Dealer says this is normal. Will not buy this car again.

seating all wheel drive

More power stop downshifting sometimes three gears and need better gas mileage.

Tire and AC problems - lemon
By BH

2008 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

First problem when car was around 1.5 years old with 31,000 km I was told I needed new tires. Dealership indicated they put cheap tires on the vehicle. I have never had to put new tires on any of our vehicles until the 70,000 km mark. Next problem when car was 2.5 years old, in July, on one of the hottest days in Canada, the air conditioning stopped working. We were told after a $99.00 diagnosis problem that we needed a new part - a sensor wasn't working but there is one small problem, the part is on back order and you can't have it fixed until October and guess what it is not under warranty. Cost will be approximately $700.Our AC will work about the time the snow flies.

Tires and AC system - when a part is so popular on a fairly new car that is on back order suggests a manufacturing defect - should be covered by warranty and is not. Will never buy another Honda

Excessive Road Noise
By niteflite777

2008 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The CR-V is a very practical car with excellent interior and exterior design. Even the sales guy at Nissan when test driving the Rogue told me the CR-V is perhaps the best in its class. I've gotten good use out of it - is roomy enough, provides good MPG and options on the EX. The biggest problem with this car is the loud road noise. at any speed over 25 mph i hear the engine, vibrations, and just noise. It make me paranoid that there is something wrong with the suspension or tires but the common theme in these reviews is the road noise.

Controls on wheels, mpg, tpms

Reduce road noise, slightly more power.

2008 CRV--Love it, but a few exceptions
By curiousg

2008 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I really relied on Edmunds reviews when deciding to purchase this car so I thought I'd give my thoughts. I'm happy I bought this..and would buy it again, but I'd but the next model up for the extra cash. If you want pep, go elsewhere. I feel safe rain or snow, and I get an average of 24-25 miles/gallon. Have done 30 mpg on a pure highway trip. Love the flexibility and space. My two gripes are 1) the brakes wear really fast--too fast. After 2.5 years, I had to replace them. And that's too soon. 2) I have some odd whistling noises when the car shifts gears/gets to a certain RPM. Dealership can't figure out what the hell it is but it's been there since the beginning.

space, handling, 4WD, flip up seats

needs a bit more horsepower and the brakes are just ridiculous. Honda should know better.

Honda is not keeping up
By Bb

2008 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The CR-V drives nice when tires have less than 15k miles. After that road noise continues to increase to the point of major disillusionment. It's not the tires fault. It's the design. Honda relies on very soft, low mileage, tires on the CR-V to smooth out the harsh suspension. Do not put high mileage or fuel efficient tires on this vehicle! The suspension, or lack thereof, turns the CR-V with high Mileage or fuel efficient tires into a giant tuning fork. Steering feel is disconnected from the road but does react quickly to driver input. Makes me think of a video game. Lower end models with steel wheels do a little better. Already had to replace the AC compressor.

Predicted resale. I hope sooner rather than later.

Design suspension to accept fuel efficient and long mileage tires. Reduce noise Auto headlights Heated seats should heat back Improve stereo sound quality Improve material around windows. Squeaks. Exterior paint quality. Worst I have owned in last 10 hrs. Dual zone air cooling overhaul needed