2008 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
Comfort not speed
By dennis on 09/25/09 06:55 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I drove my CRV up the Troodos Mountians in Cyprus with 4 adults with no problems. The engine was quiet and the brakes reassuring. It was comfortable and we were relaxed. Petrol consumption was good (this is the 2l engine). This Honda is about being relaxed and comfortable and I cannot fault it.

Slips, Slides and Sucks Gas
By Rick on 09/21/09 11:43 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought this vehicle about 1.5 years ago. At first we liked it. It has a very comfortable car-like ride and is fun to drive. Only mechanical problem to date has been a failed battery, which Honda has a problem with. However, when winter came our opinion changed drastically. If you have to drive in winter conditions this vehicle can be downright dangerous. The tires have no grip at all and we felt like we were taking our lives in our hands driving it back and forth to work. My wife refused to drive it and took my Corolla! We are going to have to spend $1000.00 on new tires before somebody gets killed in this thing. The Honda dealer will do nothing about it. Also it sucks gas like a Hummer

Good body, poor shoes
By nsguy on 09/17/09 15:47 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The crv is a top car when you have all the boys toys installed, but the downside I have recently experienced on my less than 22months vehicle is that both my front Yokohama 245/45/19 inch tires had to be changed due to the service dept inspecting the tread and recording the tread at the limit of 1.6 mm. I find this disappointing given that I have done only 13,000 miles from new and no erratic driving. This is too costly.

Smooth ride with good mpg
By niteflite on 09/02/09 19:39 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought the glacier blue ex awd for 23,200 out the door (base price of a little over 22,000). The ride so far has be ok... Pretty smooth transmission. Getting around 23.3 mpg in mixed highway/city driving. I owned a 2004 accord 4 cyl before, which basically is the same engine. Yes, the engine is kind of small and I feel and hear it. When car is sitting idle the engine noise is louder than I'd expect for it to be, and when the AC is on, it's really loud.

Beware of Tires
By Beware of Tires on 09/02/09 11:38 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

First time Honda buyer. After 10,000 miles, tires need to be replaced. They were rotated as required. Rough riding vehicle. Hope new tires will correct. Tried working with Dealer and with Honda rep. Dealer will replace tires with Michelin tires (that's what should be on vehicle to start with). Cost to me approx $400. Hadn't planned on spending money on new vehicle the first year--at least not for tires. After reading lots of reviews, tires are a problem. Vehicle is good car for older women--too small for men to enjoy. Will let you know how new tires change the ride. Right now, I could not recommend this vehicle. I will probably trade after correcting Honda's tire problem.

Best SUV for ME
By BluesdaddyBill on 08/28/09 17:05 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We love Honda's and the CR-V is the best 4 cylinder 5 speed SUV. Almost everything about this vehicle is great. Overall MPG is 25 for mostly city driving. The ride is "car like" and I know it will last for years with proven reliability. You really do get what you pay for with Honda.

Great car!
By thebehrs on 08/17/09 19:31 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We have owned this car for almost a year and are very pleased with it. We shopped for the Rav4, Equinox, etc but the CRV came out ahead. On a long trip recently, which included a mountain pass, we got 33 mpg! It's cute, handles well and is great in the snow and on ice. On the down side, the tires that come with it are garbage and several people have had to replace them after only one year, including us. The folding rear seats are a VERY poor design. They wad up behind the front seats and give you almost no extra room. Honda designers should take some tips from Rav4 rear seats and have them fold once, and completely flat. Also, the hatchback, when opened, can drip muddy snow and rain.

Weak Point
By Tim on 08/04/09 18:45 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I am very disappointed with the upholstery on my CR-V. This car is 16 months old and the seats look worse than my 2002 Odyssey. This material does not clean up and shows wear at an unacceptable level. I bought Honda because I expect 10 years before I trade, and in this case I may soon be trading- maybe not Honda.

Refined
By GAB on 07/24/09 19:02 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

After 1.5 years I am very pleased. Zero problems, very refined for this price point, immensely practical. City gas mileage over the last 3.5k miles: 23mpg. Best HWY mileage: 33mpg. Excellent build quality. Performance and mpg improved slightly after the first couple K miles. Would buy again in a heart beat.

Disillusioned Honda owner
By gkg451 on 07/21/09 03:43 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Purchased my CR-V as a low mileage executive driven vehicle after much research. The vehicle is exhibiting an annoying vibration at speeds between 85 and 110 k/hr. Dealer in conj. with Honda unable to correct. Honda says that no defect exists although they have a name for the condition - harmonic tingle. Apparently many other CR-Vs have same problem. I tried a brand new 90 and it had the same problem. Honda says I have to live with the situation as there is no way to eliminate problem.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.