2008 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
What's not to like?
By Freetrog on 11/13/07 11:11 AM (PST)

2008 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I don't think I'm your typical buyer - I drive a special edition Porsche 911 and I wanted some utility to carry stuff - dog, golf clubs, and occasionally people. My options going in were Lexus GX470, Porsche Cayenne Turbo, or the CR-V. I know - a crazy mix. I looked at BMW, Mazda, Subaru, etc. I bought the CR-V as I felt it had the quality of the BMW, solid structure (good handling), spaciousness, and fuel economy (light carbon footprint). I couldn't be happier - it has everything an more that I need and want in a vehicle of this type. Engine is sufficient for my tasks, handling is nimble, brakes great. Visibility is good, comfortable and economical - can it get any better. Very pleased.

Pure T Good
By Luther & JoAnne on 11/07/07 22:07 PM (PST)

2008 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I traded my 2007 Xterra in on the 2008 Honda CRV EX because my wife was having trouble getting in and out of the Xterra because it was too high off of the ground for her even though it had running boards. We love everything about the CRV especially the good gas mileage. The CRV is just what the doctor ordered for us.

Jeep Guy to a Honda Guy
By John V on 11/07/07 11:59 AM (PST)

2008 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned a Jeep Wrangler for ten years and just purchased a 2008 Honda CR-V. This car drives like a Cadillac, nice and smooth and has lots of power. I am so impressed with the power. It has so much passing power. My CR-V is black with black leather seats. The interior is so classy and roomy. The sun-roof really opens things up and I love the shelf tray in the back. Lot's of room when you fold the back seats up.

Luv the CRV
By Honda Fan on 10/25/07 04:10 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have recently purchased the CRV EX. I have an Accord and an Odyssey. I was very surprised at the interior room. It looks smaller from the outside than the inside. I've driven it on dry and wet roads and it handles great on both. I had read some reviews about the 4 cylinder not having enough power but found it to have more than ample power to leave most people sitting at stop lights. The interior design is good, especially the center table that folds down. It is annoying to get in a car and have nowhere to put my purse and stuff. I would have liked to have gotten the EX-L instead of the EX for the leather but would have lost this feature for a console. Basically, I love this car.

Great little SUV!!
By Lynn's SUV on 10/25/07 03:32 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Excellent SUV from Honda, like the ergonomics and the dashboard layout! CRV handles real well on very winding roads were we live. The suspension handles potholes good too. I am getting 28 mpg overall so far, have less than 900 miles on Honda CRV. Test drove other SUVs comparable to the CRV ,they did not compare!

Love it!
By Dan W on 10/21/07 20:09 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Maybe it's just the new car allure, but so far I love my new CR-V. I've owned Honda cars since 1983 and have enjoyed every one. I would still be driving my 2006 Honda Civic if it weren't totaled in a fwy accident. I walked away because the car saved me. Honda engineering rocks! Thought my replacement car should be a little bigger and the CR-V fits the bill. New Accord looks nice but was just too big, too wide for what I need. I've already bought about $600 in accessories to make my CR-V MINE!

Best SUV for your Money!!
By Lynn's Suv on 10/19/07 05:29 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We love the CRV period! Test drove the Ford Escape and the Toyota RAV4. The Honda CRV is very smooth in accelerating, handles the winding roads where we live with ease. The ergonomics inside the CRV are terrific. Love the looks of the exterior. For your money you cannot go wrong with this 4WD, seats are very comfortable, can see out of all areas of the inside cabin, there are no blind spots. You won't regret getting this Honda CRV!

Back to Honda
By Consumer2007 on 10/13/07 16:28 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I was searching for a 2007 Honda or Toyota as replacement to my Volvo 850 since June in anticipation of expensive repairs. After a few twists and turns settled on a 2008 CR-V. I have driven less than 600 miles, my impressions are: Rear styling is similar to my Volvo 850 and its side profile is growing on me. The glacier blue looks good in many different lightings. Curve handling is surprisingly good, the bright headlights make me feel safe with night time driving. Seat is reasonably supportive for hours of driving. Everything feels solid and no rattling. Road and wind noises are minimal especially with audio on. Easy ingress and ingress. A viable alternative to a luxury wagon.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.