Used 2008 Honda CR-V SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Cr-v - Consumer Reviews

2008 Honda CR-V SUV

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

My First Honda
By George

2008 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have had my new CR-V for about a month. Overall, I am fairly satisfied with it. However, in the first week of ownership, I developed a "tire shimmy" which could not be corrected by rebalancing the tires. Therefore, the dealer had to switch out the tires from Bridgestones to Continentals. And, it solved the problem. The service manager also found 4 more CR-Vs on his lot with the same problem. New buyers should be aware of this potential problem. I also pulled out those marginal floor mats and replaced them with indoor/outdoor carpet runners with rubber backing from Home Depot. I cut the strip into 4 pieces to full size thus protecting all of the base carpet Cheap, but very effective.

Favorite Features

Glacier Blue color, gray interior leather, comfortable interior

Suggested Improvements

No automatic headlights, small gas tank, no side storage compartments in cargo area.

the best cr-v yet
By butch2u

2008 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I traded in my 07 cr-v for the 08 cr-v ex-L. I have installed a k&n air filter and did a synthetic oil change. I have noticed an increase in power and mileage. I am getting 31 hwy and around 22 city. well above what this vehicle is rated.I love the ride and I don't think i could ever go back to a sedan.

Favorite Features

Lots of room for a small suv great ride quality

Suggested Improvements

i would like to see Honda make a hybrid CR-V They would have a runaway best seller!

Critics Thoughts
By crocksan

2008 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is an all around great car. There are a few things missing that really surprised me coming from Honda. First the fuel economy around town is between 15 and 16 MPG rated 22 mpg. The car is driven mainly by my wife albeit on short trips but nothing exceptionally dramatic. The highway mileage is right on the rating, 25 mpg to 30 mpg. The lack of a center console and just a shelf is annoying. The arm rest on the front seats, useless, way to small. The telescoping and adjustable steering wheel no help for a long legged person trying to enter when the wife leaves the seat forward. The sun visors are to short turned to the side windows. I would recommend the car all in all a great car.

Favorite Features

The aux jack and the rear shelf, the rest is a typical of all others in category.

Suggested Improvements

Extend the length of the car make the entry into the vehicle more accessible. Add the center console, and put the extenders on the sun visors this is a safety issue, Toyota RAV does.

Winner
By Bobby

2008 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Third CR-V. All have been excellent especially fuel consumption. Excellent acceleration from on-ramps to merge into faster traffic. No difficulty with rear view, as this was a suggested shortcoming with current design.

Favorite Features

steering wheel mounted controls for radio and cruise control

Suggested Improvements

water and slush drip on my back when tail gate is open in inclement weather. Honda can solve this by extending a rubber flap at the base of the door. Would appreciate a power driver's seat.

2008 CRV - excellent choice!
By newCRV-EXL

2008 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

2008 2WD EX-L This is a very nice vehicle - my first SUV. We were looking at the RAV4 and the Nissan Rogue as well, but went with this. Got it for $2200 below sticker price. No regrets so far. I have driven it for a week now (330 miles) - 1st tank of gas averaged 26.2 mpg. About 2/3 of it was in the city and 1/3 on the highway. Pretty good considering the car isn't even broken in yet. The acceleration is a little lacking on an uphill ramp & a bit noisy but does not bother me too much. The 270 watt stereo is awesome! Moonroof and leather are great, the seats are quite comfortable contrary to what some others have mentioned, but I agree the lumbar support is not very hard.

Favorite Features

Mileage, comfortable ride, great interior, leather, moonroof, 270 W stereo, and my favorite, the cargo shelf!

Suggested Improvements

Acceleration is a little lacking but it's pretty good for a 2.4 L 4-cyl engine.