2008 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
Beware The Roadnoise
By Benton on 12/27/07 16:10 PM (PST)

2008 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

While this is a pretty neat auto the road noise will take away many points. We traded a 2004 Ford Explorer on this car mainly because of the horrible road noise we got with the Ford. We have a neat new auto with almost the same tee same level of noise. We did not notice on the 2 test drives as both days were extremely windy. The dealer now tells me that there is no insulation on this vehicle as it is considered in the Civic family. We were told that the top end Accord and Oddessy would have insulation and be much quieter. Great! The fuel economy is not that great for a 4 cylinder either.

08 CRV EX
By crv139 on 12/18/07 09:49 AM (PST)

2008 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have over 1200 miles on the vehicle so far an i am averaging 20.5 mpg. When the vehicle breaks in I can see getting 22 mpg in the City maybe a bit more when I start to use asmoil after the first10,000 miles. So far very fun to drive and handles great in the snow. It is alot more comfortable then the 06 crv ex I had. For the priced it a great vehicle for those who want an SUV.

No weaknesses
By nadcap on 12/17/07 20:43 PM (PST)

2008 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Didn't know what to expect with the CRV but I must say that we have had the car for two months, and we still say to each other "I glad we chose this one" With the dashboard mileage reading and a little creative driving staying under 60 miles per hour I was able to get 32 miles per gallon on the Highway. Although 24 to 25 is what to expect if you are not heavy footed in combined mileage. The traction control is sweet in the snow.

Birthday Present
By Good Husband on 12/14/07 18:40 PM (PST)

2008 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My wife was leaving work and getting into a cold car in the winter and hot car in the summer. I wanted to surprise her with a remote starter. She was driving a leased 2006 Accord with 12 months left on the lease. Rather then put the starter in the Accord, I decided to go with the CR-V. The model I selected comes with climate control and seat warmers. To my delight Honda has started offering their own optional remote starter. Now when my wife leaves work on a cold night and gets into a warm vehicle, she is reminded of how smart and loving her husband is.

Loving it!!!!
By CRV LVR on 12/14/07 11:49 AM (PST)

2008 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

After previously owning a Civic, I knew I wanted to go back to the Honda brand. The CR-V was a perfect fit. I was a little apprehensive becuase I have only ever owned small vehicles and knew when purchasing this vehicle that it would be the one I would drive until the wheels fall off. I could not be happier. It is a comfortable ride giving great gas mileage, mixed driving average is 24-28 mpg. I love the interior and exterior design, everything is very user friendly. I can't imagine how I lived without navigation before! The 4 cylinders in this vehicle give appropriate power, I have no issues with passing on the hwy. I have no qualms about my purchase and would make the same decision again.

So Long VW!
By Chris on 12/11/07 22:53 PM (PST)

2008 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Unlike some of the folks on here, I actually traded up from my old 2001 Jetta and purchased the '08 CRV as my first "new" car purchase. I have to say that I am ecstatic! It has incredible handling, sleek style (I've been drooling over it for the past year), and a quality build. My mpg hasn't been the best so far (avg of 18-19), but I've literally only driven in stop and go city traffic, so I have patience. Also, the center "shelf" leaves some room for improvement. Overall, though, I am in new car heaven and I would... hands down... recommend this car to anyone. Honest.

Nice little SUV
By bb on 12/02/07 11:01 AM (PST)

2008 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Purchased top of the line CRV EX-L. My wife loves this car! Fairly comfortable and easy to navigate around town. The dual-zone climate control is very poor. If the outside temperature is 3 - 10 degrees cooler than required setting the system constantly flips between cold or hot air. Can't quite seem to find a balance. Rear seat passengers complain about the temperature when set to automatic. Not easy to control manually either. Had to move up to the EX-L to get comfortable seats. The leather seats are comfortable and make a big difference. Dash is tasteful and controls well placed. Price is high for the features on the car. Banking on long term reliability or resale to provide value.

Great runabout car
By CR-V Owner on 11/26/07 14:39 PM (PST)

2008 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

2008 Cr-v is a great car. For the money I paid for it, I got much more than I have expected. People say the engine in the Cr-v is not powerful enough - thats simply not true. I find this car to have more than enough power for whatever my needs might be. Besides, it is fast, quiet, has virtually no blind spots, and handles really nice. Plus, it is hard to find an SUV in this price range that looks so good both inside and outside.

Great Small SUV
By bigsr120 on 11/24/07 21:17 PM (PST)

2008 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I previously drove a 2004 Honda EX CR-V on a lease, which I turned in about four months ago. I purchased the 2008 EX CR-V about four weeks ago and absolutely love it. It is so much better than my previous SUV in comfort, ergonomics, technology, and overall style. I am averaging approximately 24 MPG, in mixed city/highway driving. My 04 CR-V was a pleasure to drive, but this total redesign really blows it away. The safety features are terrific with full side curtain and seat side airbags. With included traction control and vehicle stability assist, I feel so much safer driving this completely redesigned version. The CR-V handles nimbly, rides smoothly, and is much quieter than my 2004 CR-V.

Not That Great
By CRVBUYER on 11/23/07 00:26 AM (PST)

2008 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I debated between the CRV and Rav4. I decided in the end that the CRV cost less to buy fully loaded. I bought the AWD leather version and added fog lights, running boards and side molding. I like the interior of the CRV but should have test driven it on the highway a little more before buying. The wind noise above 50 mph is pretty annoying and it's not the smoothest ride in the world! Also, after 700 miles, still averaging only 23 MPG with 80% of that highway miles. Not acceptable. I feel like I could have bought a more powerful V6 and gotten the same type of mileage.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.