Used 2008 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

This Car Will Surprise You
By DG

2008 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We have had several SUV's and still have three along with our new CR-V. When we went to buy a Honda, we had our heart set on a Pilot until we walked into the show room and looked at a CR-V on the floor. We were amazingly surprised at what we saw. Great comfort, styling and looks. After the test drive we were sold. Absolutely love it and cannot find one thing that we don't like. It is our first Honda in a long time and we were very pleasantly surprised. IF you are thinking of it [CR-V vs anything else] you cannot go wrong with the CR-V. Fantastic car for the money. Tremendous value and options for a vehicle in this class.

Seating, roominess, in dash Nav backup camera, stereo, visibility from the cockpit and dash layout.

Would be nice to have the home link system like we have had in all of our cars so we don't have to have the garage door opener on the visor.

Best small SUV on the market
By alancrv

2008 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I drove all the small SUVs before buying the CR-V. RAV4 handled like an old school bus. Rogue is nice but has the cargo capacity of a sub-compact. Subaru is nice but had dated technology. Mileage on the CR-V is very good for AWD, 22/27 after break-in and I have gotten nearly 30 mpg on flat highway. There is sufficient power for typical maneuvers and auto is smoothest I have experienced. Very solid build quality though I've had a few rattles come and go. Why can I get factory bluetooth on a crappy Honda Fit but not on my top-of-the-line CR-V?!

Great handling for an SUV, nice stereo, voice controls.

No bluetooth, tumble-forward seats don't lock into position, wider/quieter tires.

CRV-Power Steering Rack
By 2HONDA

2008 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Just purchased the Honda CR-V EX-L (AWD) and with only 71 miles had a problem with the power steering. Took the car back to the dealer to find out that the power steering rack is leaking power steering fluid. The rack is on back order and they should have the part in 2 days. Anyone ever requested a new vehicle? I'm not impressed with the quality or reliability.

The spare tire is inside the car instead of on the outside. Like the gauges and MPG display

Would be nice to have the ability to control the ipod with bluetooth. The rear shelf does not hold that much weight.

My First Honda
By George

2008 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have had my new CR-V for about a month. Overall, I am fairly satisfied with it. However, in the first week of ownership, I developed a "tire shimmy" which could not be corrected by rebalancing the tires. Therefore, the dealer had to switch out the tires from Bridgestones to Continentals. And, it solved the problem. The service manager also found 4 more CR-Vs on his lot with the same problem. New buyers should be aware of this potential problem. I also pulled out those marginal floor mats and replaced them with indoor/outdoor carpet runners with rubber backing from Home Depot. I cut the strip into 4 pieces to full size thus protecting all of the base carpet Cheap, but very effective.

Glacier Blue color, gray interior leather, comfortable interior

No automatic headlights, small gas tank, no side storage compartments in cargo area.

the best cr-v yet
By butch2u

2008 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I traded in my 07 cr-v for the 08 cr-v ex-L. I have installed a k&n air filter and did a synthetic oil change. I have noticed an increase in power and mileage. I am getting 31 hwy and around 22 city. well above what this vehicle is rated.I love the ride and I don't think i could ever go back to a sedan.

Lots of room for a small suv great ride quality

i would like to see Honda make a hybrid CR-V They would have a runaway best seller!

• SUV