2008 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
Nothing but love
By Steve B. on 01/02/08 12:41 PM (PST)

2008 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We've had the CRV for 3 months now, and have nothing but good things to say about it. It handles great in the Buffalo winter weather, looks sharp and gets pretty good gas mileage. We compared it to the RAV4 and are very happy that we picked the CRV.

Excellent small SUV for cities
By Rockwell on 01/02/08 10:48 AM (PST)

2008 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We are of a small family living in Houston and only have a BMW 325 sedan, which has limited carrying capacity (and not ideal for shopping at The Home Depot). We thus need something that can carry a lot of cargo, is easy to drive in an urban environment with reasonable gas mileage. We have tested drove both the RAV4 and the CR-V. We found that the design of the CR-V is very thoughtful for small families and for woman drivers. Thus far, we believe that we have made the right decision. Many people go with the RAV4 b/c of the V6 power but review from this web site has shown that the V6 produces too much power for such a small car to be stable at high speed.

Honda CR-V
By Kiel on 12/31/07 12:20 PM (PST)

2008 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The CR-V is a great vehicle! I've driven about 1000 miles (good mix of highway and city) and the gas mileage is the best part thus far (low/mid 20s for city; upper 20s to low 30s highway). A good portion of my driving has been in snow/ice and the car handles great-I literally had to force the vehicle to lose control. I've seen many complaints about power, but there isn't lack of power (reminder: it's not a dragster!). The CR-V is extremely quiet as both engine and road noise are low. Even a 30+ mph wind didn't add much noise in the cabin. The rear cargo area wasn't as big as I thought, but it works for my needs. Lots of small storage places to put stuff, but some are a bit too small.

Sadly Disappointed
By Sadgal on 12/31/07 09:19 AM (PST)

2008 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased the CRV LX for the sole purpose of traveling. Unfortunately the seats are the most uncomfortable I have ever encountered. In just a four hour trip, I thought I was going to die. I am sadly disappointed in the seats Honda has put in this car. I would not buy another.

08 Honda CR-V EX-L FWD with NAV
By lancef on 12/31/07 08:37 AM (PST)

2008 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Needed versatility,comfort,and good MPG. The CR-V fit the bill. We had no intention of getting the NAV system but once we saw what the NAV could do, especially with being integrated with the audio system it became a must have. We checked out the NAV's on Nissan and Mazda and the Honda Alpine unit just blows them away.

Wife's Car
By Corky51 on 12/30/07 15:22 PM (PST)

2008 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

It is a decent little SUV, flexible enough to haul some medium packages and still fun to drive. Acceleration onto Interstates is a little noisy but adequate. Cruising is a breeze and MPG was OK at 27 for a 2000 mile trip right off the lot. Coming out of a Lexus, the ride was a little "stiff" but vehicle tracked well and cruises along at 80 or so with no problem. I would expect more from Honda - compared to the larger Hyundai Sante Fe Limited, it didn't come close to the standard features, but definitely did in price. The sticker is pretty much what they want/get. Why did I get it, because my wife liked it - enough said. Given the competition would I do it again - probably not.

NaviConvert
By BMWDriver on 12/29/07 21:13 PM (PST)

2008 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Test drove RAV4 but disliked the side- opening tailgate. Got CR-V EX-L 2 weeks ago. No regrets! Especially love the rear camera and the voice- command Navigation feature (e.g., you can ask it to find the nearest "Mexican restaurant" or to tell you what time it is). Amazed by the performance of a "weak" 166 hp engine! It is smooth and quiet. My other car is a 10-year old BMW 540i, but I prefer driving my CR-V EX-L instead!

Surpised by how much I like this SUV!
By Blissful on 12/28/07 10:03 AM (PST)

2008 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

After driving GMC Yukons for 12 years, I down-sized to a CRV. I researched for months and considered about a dozen vehicles. When I compared to my "must-have" list, the CRV was the winner. I love the roomy interior. It's peppy and truly fun to drive. With less than 500 miles on it, I'm getting over 30mpg on the highway with an overall average of 26 mpg.

Excellent compact SUV
By HOnda_CRV_ACE on 12/28/07 08:47 AM (PST)

2008 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my CRV few weeks ago. I havn't drove much yet however I take it for ride on every oppertunity I get. EX-L model packs in all the luxury you get when you high end luxury version. Driver seat is comfortable.

Beware The Roadnoise
By Benton on 12/27/07 16:10 PM (PST)

2008 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

While this is a pretty neat auto the road noise will take away many points. We traded a 2004 Ford Explorer on this car mainly because of the horrible road noise we got with the Ford. We have a neat new auto with almost the same tee same level of noise. We did not notice on the 2 test drives as both days were extremely windy. The dealer now tells me that there is no insulation on this vehicle as it is considered in the Civic family. We were told that the top end Accord and Oddessy would have insulation and be much quieter. Great! The fuel economy is not that great for a 4 cylinder either.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.