Used 2008 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

great car under 30K
By Pat

2008 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I just purchased a Honda CRV EX and I am very happy with my purchase. A great car to zip around town and has great mpg on the HWY I am getting 29 mpg on the highway. It handles very well and the view is excellent. There doesn't seem to be many blind spots. It's built very well. The doors are solid and the interior is well designed. There is a lot of room in the car and plenty of storage areas. There is plenty of leg room in the rear seats and could fit two car seats very comfortably. Its a great value for the price!!

It's fun to drive and you could see well while you are driving, there are few blind spots

The ride is a bit bumpy if the road is not smooth, could use better suspension system

First CRV
By Keith

2008 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought in 2/08. Had remote starter installed as part of deal, works great in warming up car in winter, start car from living room and 10 minutes later windshield is clear of ice and snow. 10,000 miles so far, getting about 24.8 MPG, over 29 MPG on long highway trips. Kind of noisy, but overall I am happy with the decision to buy. Wish I had a backup camera, parking can be a pain.

Driver seat with 6-way movement and with seat heaters.

Back-up camera, but not as part of navigation system.

This Car Will Surprise You
By DG

2008 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We have had several SUV's and still have three along with our new CR-V. When we went to buy a Honda, we had our heart set on a Pilot until we walked into the show room and looked at a CR-V on the floor. We were amazingly surprised at what we saw. Great comfort, styling and looks. After the test drive we were sold. Absolutely love it and cannot find one thing that we don't like. It is our first Honda in a long time and we were very pleasantly surprised. IF you are thinking of it [CR-V vs anything else] you cannot go wrong with the CR-V. Fantastic car for the money. Tremendous value and options for a vehicle in this class.

Seating, roominess, in dash Nav backup camera, stereo, visibility from the cockpit and dash layout.

Would be nice to have the home link system like we have had in all of our cars so we don't have to have the garage door opener on the visor.

Best small SUV on the market
By alancrv

2008 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I drove all the small SUVs before buying the CR-V. RAV4 handled like an old school bus. Rogue is nice but has the cargo capacity of a sub-compact. Subaru is nice but had dated technology. Mileage on the CR-V is very good for AWD, 22/27 after break-in and I have gotten nearly 30 mpg on flat highway. There is sufficient power for typical maneuvers and auto is smoothest I have experienced. Very solid build quality though I've had a few rattles come and go. Why can I get factory bluetooth on a crappy Honda Fit but not on my top-of-the-line CR-V?!

Great handling for an SUV, nice stereo, voice controls.

No bluetooth, tumble-forward seats don't lock into position, wider/quieter tires.

CRV-Power Steering Rack
By 2HONDA

2008 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Just purchased the Honda CR-V EX-L (AWD) and with only 71 miles had a problem with the power steering. Took the car back to the dealer to find out that the power steering rack is leaking power steering fluid. The rack is on back order and they should have the part in 2 days. Anyone ever requested a new vehicle? I'm not impressed with the quality or reliability.

The spare tire is inside the car instead of on the outside. Like the gauges and MPG display

Would be nice to have the ability to control the ipod with bluetooth. The rear shelf does not hold that much weight.