2008 Honda CR-V SUV Consumer Reviews 24

2008 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

2008 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
2008 CRV EX AWD
By David on 03/05/08 12:22 PM (PST)

2008 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I test drove a 2008 Xterra, a 2008 WRX, and a 2008 Wrangler. None of them compared to the comfort I felt inside of the CRV. Though not as powerful as the others, the interior design and over quality feel of the car made up for it. I have owned the CRV now for two weeks. Gas mileage is decent, but I thought it would be better. I am averaging 22.5 MPG with mixed city and highway miles. A lack of power if not an issue at all. 166HP is more than enough for highway passing. I am very impressed with the interior space and the quality of materials used. I havent driven it in the snow yet, but I did drive it in mild rain and it handled well.

Would buy another Honda in a heart beat
By Chris on 03/05/08 10:01 AM (PST)

2008 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Purchased this vehicle after having owned an 01 Civic. I have not owned anything other than cars, this was very comfortable and roomy. The gas mileage so far in mostly highway driving is about 23 mpg, but I only have about 300 miles on it right now.

Decent
By jm on 03/02/08 09:12 AM (PST)

2008 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We have about 600 miles on our EXL. Generally very satisfied except tire noise on certain road surfaces is noticeable at 70-80 mph fwy speeds. There's also some wind noise around the doors. Not sure if different than competitors. The high stereo with subwoofer (which is nice) is not an excuse for marginal soundproofing.

Great Car
By fun14 on 02/24/08 16:59 PM (PST)

2008 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I chose this car after looking at many in the category over the past year. Specifically the Toyota Highlander and Acura RDX were the other contenders. This car has most features I was looking for at a better price and with better fuel economy. It looks nice and drives well.

2008 CRV-EXL w/Nav FWD I think
By Jennifer on 02/21/08 06:54 AM (PST)

2008 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Just purchased the CRV last week after 3 months of research. It was a tough decision going from a large Pathfinder to a small SUV but we could not afford the gas anymore. Very happy with the whole dealership process, internet buying was easy and in 5 days they had my CRV. Love the quiet ride, the Nav w/touch screen is great, the voice activated controls are good, as long as you say things slowly. Still reading the book on all the extra features. Rear seats have more room than expected, and love having so much visibility of the other lanes around me when I drive. The Pathfinder was boxy and limited. Can't comment on the fuel economy yet, and still trying to find the FWD button!

Love the car but not the city mileage
By City Driver on 02/15/08 09:56 AM (PST)

2008 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I just purchased this great car about a week ago. I do love it in all ways excpet one: fuel efficiency in the city is awful. I am saddened and shocked as I really expected a little better. I live in a hilly city with lots of stop and go. Mileage thus far has been a constant 14.4. Weather has been perfectly clear and have not had to utilize the 4wd yet. This mileage is worse that my 6cyl RX300Lexus (year 2000). In fact, I traded in a 1999 Mercedes E320 so I could get some fuel efficiency and the CR-V is worse than that car, too. Well, it is a great car to drive in the city and I am enjoying it.

Excellent Small SUV with good mpg
By KP on 02/14/08 13:05 PM (PST)

2008 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased my CR-V in a snowstorm, picked it up in another snowstorm and have driven it through 4 snowstorms since. I am 150% pleased with purchase. I looked at the RAV-4, as well, but didnt like the handling and tire on the back of the Rav4. MPG is about 22.5 right now with mixed bumper to bumper city driving and highway driving in Chicago. Given that the AWD has been used frequently and the engine still isnt broken in, I expect this figure to go up. All total I have about 4-500 mi on it. Performance has been great for a 4cy, though it would be nice for more hp or a 6cy option. I had a 05 Accord 6cy prior to this, and I do miss the power, but I still love my CR-V.

Great car
By Lisa on 02/13/08 05:14 AM (PST)

2008 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car after much research. I test drove the Chevy Equinox and there was no comparison. I wanted a 4 cyl so I didn't even look at the RAV 4's. We have a 2006 Pilot and 1997 Accord so I knew how reliable the Honda's are. I love this car. Fun to drive, plenty of room. I opted for the ex and glad I did. The seats are beautiful and comfortable. I like the fact that the console fold down. So far no problems. It has plenty of power for a 4 cyl and I live in the valley with many hills.

My 3rd CRV
By R in LA on 02/12/08 10:51 AM (PST)

2008 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my 3rd CRV, all body styles. I like this one best for quality inside and out. It does need hands free as standard equipment. Great ride and this is my 4th Honda and the best, never did use the picnic table. Glad I upgraded to the EXL. It handles better than previous models but I wish the rear gate had a split door, cannot get an extension ladder in there, great for the dogs, stuff and not as top heavy. Great layout of the digital dashboard and the fuel economy light, and love the lumbar support and the seat heaters (like my dad's 1950 Studebaker). Honestly how can you beat a Honda for practicality, sensible layout and usefulness?

Nice compact SUV
By Great CRV on 02/04/08 18:10 PM (PST)

2008 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Traded in an Accord which was a great car, just sat too low, had difficult time getting in and out. The CRV is just the right height to enter and exit. Looked at the Rav 4 but decided to stick with the Honda. Handles great, leather seats are comfortable with good support. Power is adequate would like to see the 190 horsepower engine though