Used 2008 Honda CR-V SUV Consumer Reviews - 290 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

2008 Honda CR-V SUV

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

love it!
By CATHERINE

2008 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my first new car i have purchased. I have owned 2 vw's and 2 bmw's. Love them all but this time i just couldn't afford another bmw. Everybody I spoke with told me that they love their Hondas and that's all they will ever buy again. I know what they mean now. I have only owned it for a month now but the ride is so smooth. When your at a stop sign you think the car turned off because it is so quiet. I just started to use the wipers and that took me a few tries to figure them out. Backing up is a little difficult though. I have to lift my head a bit higher and move more towards the center of the car to see the back window. Once I get use to it it shouldn't be a problem hopefully!

Interior, seat warmers :) controls on steering wheel

Surprised
By Jennifer Lakin

2008 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I was pleasantly surprised with the CR-V. I have been dying for the Nissan Murano, but at $11,000 more for almost identical features, I had to reconsider. I also considered the Honda Civic and Accord, and the Civic actually had a more high tech interior. Overall, though for the money, I got most everything I wanted, without a lot of hassle in different packages. They had the one I wanted at the dealer and I drove it home. I couldn't say the same for the Murano - as they wanted to add AFTER market stuff. The CR-V is easy to drive, fun to handle, I just drove it home and I'm in love with the navigation, which I originally decided I could live without - but I was wrong - I love it!

Bluetooth #1, Navigation, moonroof, heated seats, heated outer mirrors, dual climate control - rubber floor mat in the back - easy to clean. Configuration of the back seats is awesome. Love the power driver's seat and love the reclining rear seats. My dad drove it and is going tomorrow to get his

I HATE that there is no push button start and no keyless remote entry! No digital gauges. The cup holders are too small and the middle center door cover is cheap looking - like a roll up door. Wish it locked too and wish it had remote hatchback opening. Needs better rear view mirror and homelink

Exceeded my expectations
By Chas

2008 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Traded Infiniti G35 for more cargo space. Now at 4,500 miles, I really like this car. Wife previously had an earlier model CR-V. This is far better. Gas mileage, interior, and performance. Don't be fooled by competitor's 6 cyl models, this 4 cyl has plenty of power. Handled road trips on hilly interstate highway without annoying tranny downshifts. Gas mileage is 30 mpg on freeway if you stay around 70 mph. In town it's around 22-23 mpg. Back up camera is GREAT! Really miss it when I drive my wife's car or a rental. Audio system excellent. Appreciate the PC-Card slot and integration with audio system to play MP-3. Nav system improved over my wife's 2004 Pilot, better than G35.

Back-up camera, Nav system, efficient and economical power train, PC-Card audio integration for MP-3, smooth tranny

Bluetooth cell phone connection, better quality carpet (fuzz accumulates on floor dragging feet on vehicle floor), hybrid version

For my BABIES
By JASTORG1

2008 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I traded my mighty fast '08 Altima for CR-V because we are anticipating a second baby. I was really surprised when I drove the CR-V, I was thinking a sluggish small SUV. But I was wrong. Sure, there is no head spinning pull (torque) but the power for me is adequate. Interior is first class. Not plastic-y! :-). There was a slight changes of feel coming from a CVT. Size of interior is huge, don't be fooled on outside looks. Overall we (wife) love the vehicle.

Heated seats, audio system, blue backlight on control panel, dual zone climate control- all of this comes standard on EX-L. (best price for a small size SUV)

HID headlights

Love it!
By Honda Girl

2008 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I traded an '08 Kia Sorento for my CR- V and couldn't be happier. The build quality is in a class of it' own and this vehicle has a very well thought design. I've owned a Honda in the past and my main complaint with my '04 Accord was road noise, and they've made great improvements with that. On my first tank the CR-V averaged 24.9 mpg (combined city/hwy). There's plenty of room for people and cargo and I like how the back sits flip forward. The back lift gate is easy to close, which was a problem with the Sorento, which had a very heavy/cumbersome litigate. Love how wide the doors open! Can't really comment on reliability yet but I expect no major problems since it is a Honda.

Console display, comfort, drives like a car (great handling!), good gas mileage, plenty of acceleration power for a 4 cyl. and loads of storage room. Materials are sturdy and it just feels solid. Love the moonroof. Doesn't have side roll that many SUVs have; it's steady on turns!

Maybe offer a hybrid version. I'm a little surprised at how much I like the center console tray, but others may not.