Used 2008 Honda CR-V SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Cr-v - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Disappointed
By Naveen

2008 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Purchased 2008 CR-V in the month of May. We are very disappointed with the quality. It vibrates a lot and we can feel it in the steering wheel and seats. As soon the drive stick is put in drive position the whole cabin starts to vibrate. Also, while driving it drifts towards one side. Dealer had taken the vehicle four times for repair but there is no improvement. Filed case with Honda too but they never responded. Honda is known for quality but at least we can't say that after this purchase.

Favorite Features

Interior design is good

Suggested Improvements

We have been told by the dealer that vibration is a common complaint by most of the buyers. We hope Honda would take it seriously

Amazing!
By LMF716

2008 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I traded my 01 Nissan Altima in for an 08 Honda cr-v. I started my car search at Honda, and five months later, finished it at Honda. This car is excellent to drive. It is my first new car (I've had 3 used ones in the past), and am completely sure I made the right decision.

Favorite Features

Exterior look, all the little compartments

Suggested Improvements

arm rests.

Terrific
By tepozteco

2008 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

15,000 miles and hasn't needed any warranty work whatsoever! Terrific drive and very comfortable; decent visibility helped by height off ground. Enough oomph to not be frustrating. Up to 34 MPG at 55 - 60 MPH. In town I can average as low as 22 MPG when it involves very short trips (1 - 2 miles at a time) and you would think 25 MPG would be more the norm. However, when my in-town driving goes over 3 - 5 miles at a time, my average does go up to between. Too bad Honda does offer this wonderful car with a manual transmission. I test drove the Toyota RAV4, Subaru Forester and Mitsubishi Outlander. Honda is more comfortable and maintenance-free car.

Favorite Features

Seating Comfort Display/Instrument Layout Low Maintenance

Suggested Improvements

Rear and Side Visibility Stronger Sheet Metal Give me my manual transmission!

Met my expectations.
By My first Honda

2008 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I had a Trooper and I wanted a SUV with better fuel economy. I considered the RAV4 but I went with the CR-V because I thought it was a better built car. I think I made a wise choice and it has been what I had expected.

Favorite Features

Fuel economy and still able to haul things around.

Suggested Improvements

More power would be nice, but this would probably decrease gas mileage.

2008 Honda CR-V LX 2WD
By Cinglemom

2008 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've had this CR-V for 3 months now. I have not had one disappointing moment. It drive just like a car. I don't have problems passing other cars or trucks. I've been to NY and it gave me 28 miles to the gallon. Around the city I get 23 miles but the combo is 21/22. I totally love this car. This should have been the first car I purchase instead I went in the opposite direction and purchased a 2007 Dodge Caliber (one of the worst cars on the road).

Favorite Features

Height adjuster/drivers seat, reclining rear seats, steering wheel adjustment, so many cup holders, middle island,

Suggested Improvements

larger/more storage space, standard- should be 6 speakers, standard-should be trunk shelf, car mats, arm rest- should 2 in longer,