Used 2008 Honda CR-V SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Rack & Pinion failure
By bryanweston

2008 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My 2008 Honda CRV has to have the steering rack replaced after 5 years / 70,000 miles. Seems premature. Costly..$1600. This is my first and last Honda. Low quality, loud road noise, not what I expected from a Honda. AC went last month. Should have bought that Hyundai with 10 year/100,000 mile warranty.

Don't buy a CRV
By 08crv

2008 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The good reviews were written when the car was new. Honda CRV's developed all kinds of problems with drive train vibrations. Buyers beware! The fix is expensive. The road noise is so loud you can't hear the radio at high speeds. Save your money Honda quality is not what it used to be.

None

Don't buy a CRV

Great SUV with some exceptions
By azdesertguy

2008 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My CR-V is great except for two issues that have really bugged me. 1. Noisy tires 2. No auto headlight turn off How in the world can a manufacture be so stupid to leave a feature off auto headlight turn off. I had the least equipped 2004 Vibe and it had auto headlight turn off. I figured the top of the model should have this feature. Talk about stupidity in the first degree!!!!!! Then noisy tires....yikes!! I have had people not wanting to ride with me due to the fact the tire noise is so high it would give one the impression the stupid wheels are going to fall off due to bad wheel bearings. Fortunately, I had this checked and all the noise is from tires....

I like the response of the engine. Getting away from stops is fine. Ride is satisfactory, gas mileage is good. Interior features are good. Seating is comfortable and like the power driver's seat settings.

1. Add auto headlight turn off 2. Better insulation or whatever it takes to quiet the road noise!! This alone is cause enough to where I wouldn't buy another CR-V. I've owned many cars as I have a lot of years on and have to say this alone is a killer for me as far as ever buying another one. In fact I don't think I will keep this noisy beast much longer!!

Disappointed in Honda
By randyhi

2008 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this CRV new and at 50,000 miles I was told by the local service dept that it now needs new tie rod ends, ball joints, and bushings. The poor thing has been used on the highway and in town and has rarely been on anything other than a paved road. I just got the quote for these repairs and it is just a little over $800. I have never seen a vehicle have suspension and steering problems arise this soon unless it had been subjected to serious off road use. Mine has not. It has a weak engine that struggles on hills and is best owned and driven in the flatlands. I bought a Honda for their reliability and am very disappointed with the issues at only 50K miles.

Fair gas mileage, quiet engine.

Their is a definite need to repair the door lock glitch that causes the thing to lock and unlock while driving down the road. It is a very annoying anomaly that could get someone hurt in an emergency situation. Also, the steering and suspension issue, at least with mine will make me try a different brand of vehicle next time.

Luv, luv my CRV
By lyslehp

2008 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my CRV on Oct. 2007, model 2008, brand new to the dealer and as of now I never have a problem. I change the break pads 6 months ago and change new tires 2 yrs ago. I would consider my CRV a gas saver. The only thing I don't like, after I paid off,the bank sent me my title the dealer Fletcher Jones made a mistake, well this has nothing to do with the car but I'm not happy because my title stated used car and the current mileage not the mileage when I bought the car.

Change the original tires not the Bridgestone which I don't like that kind of tires. I changed my tires when its was 29,000 miles while my friend who had Continental she didn't change not until it was 48,000 miles.