2008 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
This CUV/SUV is great!!!
By chuckles0505 on 03/18/12 19:45 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I absolutely adore mine! I bought it a couple of years ago, and I love it -- it is 100% better than the stupid Civic I had, a definite lemon, unfortunately. However, the CRV makes up for all that!!! It handles wonderfully, is quiet, has enough power for me, and has caused me no problems whatsoever!!! What a relief to finally have such a great car!!

So So
By jsonaday on 03/06/12 14:13 PM (PST)

2008 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Power is embarrassing! This thing struggles to get to 65mph! i bought this car used and i had to replace some things but its still pretty reliable and some what comfortable. awd only turns on if the car feels like its slipping.. If you are looking to buy a ex, the cloth seating is terrible because the foam is so loose that its flat all over the seat by 40k miles. Do like the interior other then that, well then theres that super annoying audio system that sucked so much i had to replace it...

Best car ever owned!
By hapeacres on 02/19/12 18:57 PM (PST)

2008 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Purchased new 08 LX AWD in December 07 and have 106K miles on clock. The car drives and runs like it was still new. Never one problem. Just did oil changes using the 15% maintenance reminder. I just replaced the original battery, changed the plugs and had valves adjusted as routine maintenance by dealer. I am hoping to get another 100K worry free miles. I bought this car for my wife who drives it a lot to sell insurance and she loves it. I feel better knowing she is driving a safe car, especially in winter time in New England. I actually tried to spin out on slippery roads and it was difficult! Love the CRV and recommend to anyone who does not want to deal with problems. I get 25 mpg!

Excellent Value For the Money
By mrevan63 on 12/31/11 18:38 PM (PST)

2008 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I researched this vehicle quite a bit before buying, honestly not my favorite looking SUV, but when comparing to it's competion, it is lower priced than the Toyota RAV-4. The write up by Edmunds in regards to highway performance, or the lack of, is false! If your comparing it to something with a V-8, then yes, it does not pass a car as well. But it's not using a V-8! I've driven many V-8's, and V-6's, this little SUV gets along great! I'm getting 24 mpg combined, and 28-30 highway.

33 month check-in
By niteflite888 on 06/20/11 11:18 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have approximately 31,000 miles on the car. The car has not given me any problems other than a loud squeak when coming to a full stop. I took this into the dealer and I think there was a TSB or something else on it...had to do with the exhaust or something. Other than this, i am satisfied with the ride. Fuel economy is around 25 highway going 70+ mph, around 18-19 in stop and go city.

Good car
By hardfire454 on 03/31/11 14:02 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I enjoy this car, but for a Honda, the fuel economy is a bit disappointing

Great car for the price
By richard_lo on 02/18/11 16:07 PM (PST)

2008 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

For the price range this is a great car. Dont expect Lexus quietness and comfort or X5 speed. You get what you pay for and in terms of reliability, space, and gas mileage this car cant be beat. If you look in the market for other cars in this range in sedans or SUVs you may get worse or crampness that you dont get from this car. I like it and will buy another when the time comes.

ok car but not great
By anna fekete on 11/03/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Fun to drive, quick acceleration, cheap fabric interior, mileage only 24/gal- not great, very light, hard time drive in winter, tires bad after 2 years.

Love the CR-V
By Harold on 10/23/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The CR-V is fun to drive and has plenty of power. It has great visibility which makes in town driving and parking a breeze. Not a single problem in the first 30,000 miles. MPG is 24 around town and almost 30 on the road.

Very Loud
By NO NO on 10/22/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is a very loud cabin and the seat belt is not comfortable at all.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.