Used 2008 Honda CR-V EX-L SUV Consumer Reviews - 31 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

2008 Honda CR-V SUV

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Trouble free and fun to drive
By Bill

2008 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Driven 138,000 miles over 8 years all over Arizona, New Mexico, and Nevada. Had a/c issue fixed under extended warranty at 98,000 miles. Replaced front brake pads (only) and rotor milled at 90,000 miles (I know!!) Original rear brakes STILL good - no noise or pulling. Oil changes every 3 or 4K. Halfway through 3rd set of tires. That's it! Other than gasoline (honest 24mpg city, 28mpg highway). I'm 65+ and still working. That CR-V is simply the best overall vehicle I have ever owned.

Was excited now disappointed
By desertguy2

2008 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Purchased this 2008 CR-V as a certified vehicle. Based on Honda's reputation, I was expecting a vehicle to be quite reliable. That's not been the case! First problem was tires cupping so bad it was terribly noisy in the vehicle. Even after regular alignment checks by Honda dealership! Finally solved the problem by having upper control arms added to rear wheels and now have a new set of Michelin Defender tires and good wheel alignment. Power door locks have been a problem. Have had to replace two already. My first problem was discovering no automatic headlights. What a dumb decision to leave this feature off an EX-L model!!

Leather interior & seats, power driver's seat, sun roof, Sirius radio, roomy interior, quality interior materials, satisfactory gas mileage.

Automatic Headlights, improve power door locks, add adjustment to rear wheels to allow better alignment to eliminate premature tire wear and cupping.

Great SUV with some exceptions
By azdesertguy

2008 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My CR-V is great except for two issues that have really bugged me.

Noisy tires
No auto headlight turn off

How in the world can a manufacture be so stupid to leave a feature off auto headlight turn off.
I had the least equipped 2004 Vibe and it had auto headlight turn off.
I figured the top of the model should have this feature.
Talk about stupidity in the first degree!!!!!!

Then noisy tires....yikes!!
I have had people not wanting to ride with me due to the fact the tire noise is so high it would give one the impression the stupid wheels are going to fall off due to bad wheel bearings.
Fortunately, I had this checked and all the noise is from tires....

I like the response of the engine. Getting away from stops is fine. Ride is satisfactory, gas mileage is good. Interior features are good. Seating is comfortable and like the power driver's seat settings.

1. Add auto headlight turn off 2. Better insulation or whatever it takes to quiet the road noise!! This alone is cause enough to where I wouldn't buy another CR-V. I've owned many cars as I have a lot of years on and have to say this alone is a killer for me as far as ever buying another one. In fact I don't think I will keep this noisy beast much longer!!

ok car but not great
By anna fekete

2008 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Fun to drive, quick acceleration, cheap fabric interior, mileage only 24/gal- not great, very light, hard time drive in winter, tires bad after 2 years.

Easy to turn on small space, acceleration good, easy to go fast

better fabric inside, make it heavier

Love my CR-V
By Mary

2008 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought this for my new 16 year old girls, after my Odyssey died at 230,000 miles and getting myself a Pilot. The girls love this car! They can fit all their friends in it VERY comfortably, and have claimed they can fit over ten people in it if arranged correctly. The AUX jack is handy, and one daughter loves plugging iPhone in and being able to listen to music through it AND can talk through the car (without bluetooth!). Very VERY safe. Have never doubted Honda's reliability and never will. The girls have to fill up their tank, maybe once a week, and they do no highway driving, so they fuel economy is great! So impressed!

CD/AUX features, AC/Heating system, interior design, safety features, seat belt warnings, and all the cup holders and other places to store things!

too much plastic on exterior and cloth seats stain too easily