2008 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
Disappointed in Honda
By randyhi on 08/10/13 06:01 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this CRV new and at 50,000 miles I was told by the local service dept that it now needs new tie rod ends, ball joints, and bushings. The poor thing has been used on the highway and in town and has rarely been on anything other than a paved road. I just got the quote for these repairs and it is just a little over $800. I have never seen a vehicle have suspension and steering problems arise this soon unless it had been subjected to serious off road use. Mine has not. It has a weak engine that struggles on hills and is best owned and driven in the flatlands. I bought a Honda for their reliability and am very disappointed with the issues at only 50K miles.

This CUV/SUV is great!!!
By chuckles0505 on 03/18/12 19:45 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I absolutely adore mine! I bought it a couple of years ago, and I love it -- it is 100% better than the stupid Civic I had, a definite lemon, unfortunately. However, the CRV makes up for all that!!! It handles wonderfully, is quiet, has enough power for me, and has caused me no problems whatsoever!!! What a relief to finally have such a great car!!

Good car
By hardfire454 on 03/31/11 14:02 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I enjoy this car, but for a Honda, the fuel economy is a bit disappointing

Its ok
By david on 01/24/10 19:30 PM (PST)

2008 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought the CRV. Wife wanted it. We got the 4cyl 2wd with a sunroof, black on tan cloth. Got such a good deal on it new. She is 5ft 6in or so, and its perfect size for her. Iam 6ft 5in, and cant stand to drive it, its too small for me. We have had it for almost 2 years, and put almost 10,000 miles on it. The motor is loud, it sounds like the motor in my 150,000 mile old cavalier. The air bag light flashes about every two weeks, but the dealership cant find a code of it. When its below freezing, it seems the battery is weak, as the motor spins slow on start up, but has never failed to start. If your under 6ft, it be a good choice for you, I love the black exterior on light tan interior color

Covered wagon
By tgp on 12/01/09 09:21 AM (PST)

2008 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought a brand new 08. I was terribly disappointed in this vehicle. I felt like I was riding in a covered wagon minus the horses. Honda can do better than this! A lot of road noise also, I kept it for 10 months only.

Excellent SUV (or Crossover)
By James on 07/16/09 17:22 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Reasons why I bought it: 1) Its HONDA (Quality, Reliability) 2) Interior 3) Exterior 4) Gas Mileage (NO GOOD) 5) Spare Parts available.

Excellent Value
By Nishant on 03/02/09 15:01 PM (PST)

2008 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned the CR-V for four months, and am extremely satisfied with it. The ride is comfortable and is a good small sized SUV. The only issue is that the computer MPG is almost always slightly higher than my calculated MPG (about 1 mpg error). Other than that, great car...

Practical and Dependable
By Switched on 02/18/09 21:37 PM (PST)

2008 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I owned this vehicle for a short period of time. I was impressed for what it is, but finally came to terms with what it isn't. It IS a thoughtful design that is very practical and reliable. It was NOT a bachelor car. And I'm a bachelor. Almost every other CR-V driver I saw was a middle-aged or elderly lady. I got odd comments and reactions when picking up a date - none of the ego stroking I have gotten from even moderately priced sport sedans. Found myself constantly sinking money into accessories to make it into something it wasn't. After 7 months I traded it for a Bimmer. With mild redesign, CR-V could appeal to a broader demographic, but apparently Honda is not concerned about it.

My First Honda
By GaryL on 02/05/09 17:08 PM (PST)

2008 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I test drove the Nissan Rogue, Honda CRV, Toyota RAV4 and decided on the Honda. I really liked the Toyota but hated that exterior spare tire. This is my first Honda but so far so good. I've got about 600 miles on it and have averaged 26 mpg with a mix of city and highway driving. The seats feel a little firm and the ride could be a bit smoother. Noise level is fairly low. The interior is bigger than it looks from the outside. I'm 6'1" and have plenty of leg room in the front and back. Storage area is generous. This vehicle is perfect for my style of driving which is mostly metro with a couple of long trips a year.

Good vehicle with some issues
By Phil on 12/12/08 21:37 PM (PST)

2008 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Drives well but sometimes your head bounces on the headrest. Interior layout is well thought out. Check gas cap light came on once but I could not find anything wrong. Glob of sealant on rear door rubbed the finish off the hinge. Averaging 24.5 mpg.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.