2008 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
Great car for the price
By richard_lo on 02/18/11 16:07 PM (PST)

2008 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

For the price range this is a great car. Dont expect Lexus quietness and comfort or X5 speed. You get what you pay for and in terms of reliability, space, and gas mileage this car cant be beat. If you look in the market for other cars in this range in sedans or SUVs you may get worse or crampness that you dont get from this car. I like it and will buy another when the time comes.

Not recommending to buy a CR-V
By ngu on 11/30/09 17:31 PM (PST)

2008 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Mileage is poor. Getting much less than what they tell you. Getting 11.8l/100km as opposed to 7.6-9.8l/100km not achievable and company ad is misleading. AC compressor is not functioning properly but dealer just ignores it. Cutting in and out frequently and light dims when ac compressor is running.

Great Gas Mileage
By Jason on 06/24/09 22:11 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My LX gets 25 in town and up to 31 sometimes on the freeway driving about 5 miles above the speed limit usually. Cruise control really helps w/ the gas too. I really enjoy the car. It is not like driving a Mercedes or something but most of us don't anyway so big deal. It has great room and the seats are comfortable. Totally worth what I paid and reliable. Some people may just not be satisfied or don't tell the whole truth.

Disappointed
By Honda Honey on 06/16/09 00:39 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

AC and electrical issues as well as pulling to side upon acceleration. Master brake cylinder went out and had to be replaced. Ride is jiggly compared to other SUV I had considered. No tinted windows so gets hot! Poor acceleration with AC on which did have probs as well as idiot lights sometimes lighting. Got a lemon... Not happy with power...even the Hyundai is faster (and has a much better ride, though Mercedes heavy feeling). Needs more storage compartments, no bumper to stand on to get to roof racks... paint chips easily in parking lots... Cute, bought because of reputation. At least it still has 2 years on warranty... Got a lemon...

I Love My Honda CRV
By Dr of Golf on 04/26/09 16:32 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This has got to be the best Honda that we've ever owned. The mileage is fantastic for an SUV-type vehicle and the space is great. The mileage compares to our old Honda Accord. Our new CRV is fun to drive and we love taking it out on the highway where it gives us about 32 mpg. We average about 25 mpg in town. Can't say enough about the great gas mileage and the fun it is to drive. Best economical car we've ever owned. Like it almost as much as our Mercedes 560SL ... almost.

Great Car
By HA on 03/10/09 10:38 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I needed a new car in a reasonable price range. The CR-V is perfect for my needs. Great highway mileage; plenty of space and standard features have everything I need. It is somewhat bumpy at times on rough pavement, but it is dependable and I love the style of the exterior and interior. Also, the safety ratings are great. I live in Ohio and the weather is not great and it has handled very well in the rain and snow. I would definitely recommend this car to anyone looking for a compact SUV or a new car period.

Very Happy with this car
By amit on 01/07/09 07:42 AM (PST)

2008 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my first SUV (well, mini-SUV). I was contemplating buying between either the RAV4 or Honda CRV. Glad I bought the latter. The interior of this car is much nicer than RAV4. The spare tire is mounted internally under the trunk and not behind the trunk door (which looks ugly). Love the dash computer which tells you the mpg in real-time. I have driven the car about 400 miles. So far, I am averaging 27-28 mpg in the city. The only thing I do not like so far is there is a shudder/vibration upon applying the brakes. It was particularly bad the first day... it has gotten much better now. Maybe, it was just new brakes. The CD/AM-FM player is easy to reach and very good audio quality.

Nice ride
By Grifon on 11/22/08 15:41 PM (PST)

2008 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We selected the CR-V over the Rav4 and could not be happier. We especially enjoy the build quality, the real-time mileage gauges, and gas mileage. Although the stated highway mileage is 27 MPG, I recently achieved 31 MPG with careful driving management. In spite of the 4 cylinder the CR-V is plenty peppy enough for onramp acceleration. There is plenty of room in the back for our 6 plus sons.

Great Compact SUV
By cgd on 10/14/08 08:47 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

For the money, features, and specs, you can't go wrong with this one. Better mpg would be nice, but I realize it's a tradeoff to get performance and to be up off the ground.

Disappointed
By Naveen on 10/02/08 15:35 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Purchased 2008 CR-V in the month of May. We are very disappointed with the quality. It vibrates a lot and we can feel it in the steering wheel and seats. As soon the drive stick is put in drive position the whole cabin starts to vibrate. Also, while driving it drifts towards one side. Dealer had taken the vehicle four times for repair but there is no improvement. Filed case with Honda too but they never responded. Honda is known for quality but at least we can't say that after this purchase.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.