Used 2008 Honda CR-V EX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Honda Cr-v - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Disappointed in Honda
By randyhi

2008 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this CRV new and at 50,000 miles I was told by the local service dept that it now needs new tie rod ends, ball joints, and bushings. The poor thing has been used on the highway and in town and has rarely been on anything other than a paved road. I just got the quote for these repairs and it is just a little over $800. I have never seen a vehicle have suspension and steering problems arise this soon unless it had been subjected to serious off road use. Mine has not. It has a weak engine that struggles on hills and is best owned and driven in the flatlands. I bought a Honda for their reliability and am very disappointed with the issues at only 50K miles.

Favorite Features

Fair gas mileage, quiet engine.

Suggested Improvements

Their is a definite need to repair the door lock glitch that causes the thing to lock and unlock while driving down the road. It is a very annoying anomaly that could get someone hurt in an emergency situation. Also, the steering and suspension issue, at least with mine will make me try a different brand of vehicle next time.

This CUV/SUV is great!!!
By chuckles0505

2008 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I absolutely adore mine! I bought it a couple of years ago, and I love it -- it is 100% better than the stupid Civic I had, a definite lemon, unfortunately. However, the CRV makes up for all that!!! It handles wonderfully, is quiet, has enough power for me, and has caused me no problems whatsoever!!! What a relief to finally have such a great car!!

Favorite Features

I think it's cute, it's easy and fun to drive, I love the size, it's just right for me!

Suggested Improvements

The only thing that's bad to me is the configuration of the back seats and folding up out of the way. It isn't nearly as nice as the Honda Odyssey (?) I had from 1998. Oh, the gas mileage is the pits, too. Pretty bad. I get 22mpg in the city but over 30 on the freeway, or so it says!!! Well, maybe the mileage gizmo on the dash isn't working. 33 does seem kind of unrealistic. But I don't have the AWD either. Overall I get 23 to 24.

Good car
By hardfire454

2008 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I enjoy this car, but for a Honda, the fuel economy is a bit disappointing

Favorite Features

Styling

Suggested Improvements

Comfort, Fuel economy

Its ok
By david

2008 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought the CRV. Wife wanted it. We got the 4cyl 2wd with a sunroof, black on tan cloth. Got such a good deal on it new. She is 5ft 6in or so, and its perfect size for her. Iam 6ft 5in, and cant stand to drive it, its too small for me. We have had it for almost 2 years, and put almost 10,000 miles on it. The motor is loud, it sounds like the motor in my 150,000 mile old cavalier. The air bag light flashes about every two weeks, but the dealership cant find a code of it. When its below freezing, it seems the battery is weak, as the motor spins slow on start up, but has never failed to start. If your under 6ft, it be a good choice for you, I love the black exterior on light tan interior color

Favorite Features

color combo, 6 disk mp3, aux input. rear seat mirror,sunroof, the rear hatch cover is great to separate heavy groceries on the bottom, light ones on the top.

Suggested Improvements

engine is loud..real loud. cramped if your over 6ft tall,air bag light comes and goes

Covered wagon
By tgp

2008 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought a brand new 08. I was terribly disappointed in this vehicle. I felt like I was riding in a covered wagon minus the horses. Honda can do better than this! A lot of road noise also, I kept it for 10 months only.

Suggested Improvements

Smoother riding vehicle, less road noise.