2008 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
Was excited now disappointed
By desertguy2 on 09/24/14 22:48 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Purchased this 2008 CR-V as a certified vehicle. Based on Honda's reputation, I was expecting a vehicle to be quite reliable. That's not been the case! First problem was tires cupping so bad it was terribly noisy in the vehicle. Even after regular alignment checks by Honda dealership! Finally solved the problem by having upper control arms added to rear wheels and now have a new set of Michelin Defender tires and good wheel alignment. Power door locks have been a problem. Have had to replace two already. My first problem was discovering no automatic headlights. What a dumb decision to leave this feature off an EX-L model!!

Rack & Pinion failure
By bryanweston on 05/13/14 21:54 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My 2008 Honda CRV has to have the steering rack replaced after 5 years / 70,000 miles. Seems premature. Costly..$1600. This is my first and last Honda. Low quality, loud road noise, not what I expected from a Honda. AC went last month. Should have bought that Hyundai with 10 year/100,000 mile warranty.

Don't buy a CRV
By 08crv on 10/11/13 16:58 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The good reviews were written when the car was new. Honda CRV's developed all kinds of problems with drive train vibrations. Buyers beware! The fix is expensive. The road noise is so loud you can't hear the radio at high speeds. Save your money Honda quality is not what it used to be.

Great SUV with some exceptions
By azdesertguy on 08/21/13 22:28 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My CR-V is great except for two issues that have really bugged me. 1. Noisy tires 2. No auto headlight turn off How in the world can a manufacture be so stupid to leave a feature off auto headlight turn off. I had the least equipped 2004 Vibe and it had auto headlight turn off. I figured the top of the model should have this feature. Talk about stupidity in the first degree!!!!!! Then noisy tires....yikes!! I have had people not wanting to ride with me due to the fact the tire noise is so high it would give one the impression the stupid wheels are going to fall off due to bad wheel bearings. Fortunately, I had this checked and all the noise is from tires....

Disappointed in Honda
By randyhi on 08/10/13 06:01 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this CRV new and at 50,000 miles I was told by the local service dept that it now needs new tie rod ends, ball joints, and bushings. The poor thing has been used on the highway and in town and has rarely been on anything other than a paved road. I just got the quote for these repairs and it is just a little over $800. I have never seen a vehicle have suspension and steering problems arise this soon unless it had been subjected to serious off road use. Mine has not. It has a weak engine that struggles on hills and is best owned and driven in the flatlands. I bought a Honda for their reliability and am very disappointed with the issues at only 50K miles.

Luv, luv my CRV
By lyslehp on 07/19/13 18:29 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my CRV on Oct. 2007, model 2008, brand new to the dealer and as of now I never have a problem. I change the break pads 6 months ago and change new tires 2 yrs ago. I would consider my CRV a gas saver. The only thing I don't like, after I paid off,the bank sent me my title the dealer Fletcher Jones made a mistake, well this has nothing to do with the car but I'm not happy because my title stated used car and the current mileage not the mileage when I bought the car.

First Honda Owned. 16 Months of ownership.
By tmo1976 on 07/15/13 15:53 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my first Honda (have owned two Toyota's, three Volvo's) product. Purchased as a CPO vehicle and had one issue, A/C clutch was on it's way out after 10k miles of my ownership. Covered under warranty. Ride is firm but that is ok with me as I like a firm ride. Buttons on steering wheel are OK. Wish there was a scan feature for radio like one of my other vehicles has. CRV handles well in rain, light snow. AWD is allright for what is. Kids like the sliding rear seats so they can adjust as they like (believe that is no longer available on new ones). Rear seat recline feature is good also. Decent cargo capacity for travel.

Honda CRV Door Lock Problem
By gcan3 on 06/19/13 16:45 PM (PDT)

2008 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Recently I have began to experience malfunctioning door locks. I have read many similar complaints where the door locks spontaneously unlock while driving and relocate the remaining doors after opened. This is a major safety concern and I am shocked that Honda has not dealt with this safety issue. I see a class action law suit has been initiated in the US. Shame on Honda, I thought you were better then that. so far customer service at Honda Canada has been less then hospitable! Keep the documentation coming.

At 4 yrs and 36k miles
By niteflite888 on 08/30/12 10:50 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've had this car for almost four years now and at only 36k miles, i'm disappointed i've had to replace the stock continental tires so soon. I got a set of bridgestone duelers at costco which set me back over $600. I can't tell if the road noise has significantly gotten better with the new tires. Next, it seems my brakes are about to go...we don't drive with a heavy foot, but maybe it was all the city stop and go traffic. Haven't had any problems other than regular maintenance - rear differential was a must because it was making an odd noise. MPG has been in low 20s in mixed driving.

Great SUV !
By kelly5961 on 07/29/12 07:34 AM (PDT)

2008 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We've had our CRV for 4-1/2 years , only 3 issues with it. (1) the dealership sales people, Flatout told them the 1st thing . She(my wife) is going to write you a check , flatout what is the best price on this car with a check right now, STUPID sales person came back and asked how much we were putting down, told him again your getting a check today , he came back and said for 5 yrs. your payments would be $NXO , I SAID LISTEN ! your getting a check for the car TODAY . this went on 4 more times before the JACKASS Sales Mgr. came out & I had to tell him twice the same thing, but got it bought right. (2) Crappy Noisey Continental tires. and a common SUV hatch noise with the windows open.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.