2007 Honda CR-V Consumer Review: 2007 CRV Reliability not what

2007 Honda CR-V - Consumer Review

EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. 5-speed Automatic)

2007 CRV Reliability not what you think
By crvsbad on

2007 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The Honda CRVs have a reputation of high reliability. Actual results from our 2007 model don't back that up. It has an AC Compressor bearing failure at 94,000 that was found by the dealer while it was being looked at for the known AC Compressor clutch problem. Symptom was an unusual noise that came from the engine area that subsided when the AC was engaged. It is quite noticeable during idle. Dealer wants $900 to fix it, plus they charged me $140 just to diagnose it. Way out of whack. It also has a "shudder" which appears to be a transmission failure. You may want to choose a different vehicle.

Favorite Features

Ride is good. Interior well designed.

Suggested Improvements

More reliable engine parts.
By skydust11
on 08/27/14 07:10 AM (PDT)

well, I checked and found that an air compressor would be 240, 250, or 400 at www.car-parts.com. But that was in my state of TN. Usually you could get something like that for 50 dollars like I did for my old 95 Maxima GLE, but turns out it's pricey for that car. But still you could get that for 240 or 250 and have a buddy or backyard mechanic put it on. Its not that complex, maybe the alternator has to come off to get to it like on my maxima. Still 900 bucks is very high. Those mechanics really do take people for a ride.