2007 Honda CR-V Consumer Review: Rear Differential

2007 Honda CR-V - Consumer Review

2007 Honda CR-V

EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Automatic)

Rear Differential
By Rear Differential on

2007 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have enjoyed my CR-V with two exceptions. First the original equipment tires failed after 30K and the rear differential has required "regular service" (at $100.00/per) four times in almost 60K miles, which are mostly highway miles. Honda "Engineers" are supposedly investigating the problem but it still will not help those of us who will drive the vehicle past the 60K mile warranty period. We will look elsewhere next year when we expect to replace this vehicle. The manual and my dealer recommends service every 30K miles, which in my estimation is a outright lie.

Fun to drive, especially on the highway. Fuel mileage could be better for a 4 cyl engine.

Fix the rear differntial problems and stop penalizing the customer for a design error. Provide good quality tires as original equipment.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By tonka999
on 01/03/11 07:16 AM (PST)

One of my tires developed thumping at 10,000 miles; the dealer just rotated them and checked the alignment and said I had to drive it that way for another 15,000 miles because of a tire agreement. I put Michelins on it at 32,000 miles - at 41,000 there is thumping again. My next car (next year, hopefully) will be a Chevy. Honda dealers are too few and far between; I'm tired of driving 120 miles round trip to a dealer. One dealer switched me from conventional oil to a synthetic blend without telling me. Another Honda for me??? NOT...!