2007 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
An Extremely Smart Purchase
By MDT on 03/22/08 14:30 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I love my CR-V. I was looking for a sedan that would fit our 5 full size family members and would replace my Audi A6 that was always in the shop (frustrating!). After a lot of research I found this fuel efficient, AWD, roomy, fun to drive car that was loaded with features and just happened to be a small SUV. In fact it was such a total package at an attractive cost I saved myself a bunch of money not buying a Japanese luxury sedan. As a bonus I can bring my two dogs along when the 5 of us go out. After 7 months of ownership I am still thrilled with the CR-V. I also have competition from other family members that want to drive my CR-V instead of our G-35 coupe and old Mercedes ML320 SUV.

ok
By SomeOne on 03/14/08 16:55 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

1 yr and 12,000 miles later: Overall we like the car. Things that stand out and we like: - smooth ride - mpg meter (instant and average) - service reminder. The issues i can think of are: - very hard seats, butt hurts after 2 hrs of long distance driving - have never achieved the rated mpg, even on hwy. Best case is about 26 mpg on hwy, not sure about city. - base sound system could be improved - interior plastic scratches real easy and is very difficult to remove scratches. - car seems to pull to either side very easily depending on slant in the road. My other cars never did as much.

4th new Honda -- Mixed Reviews
By Honda'd in Houston on 01/04/08 11:43 AM (PST)

2007 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

As my 4th new Honda--all were first year of new generation, 85 Civic, 01 Civic, 06 Civic, 07 CR-V--I knew what to expect: an excellent example of automotive ingenuity with superior fuel savings, exemplary reliability and the best, par none, resale value. Each of these new generations Honda's of mine had their own quicks, some which were never fixed by the dealer until they suggested an alternate fix--the month after the warranty expired of course--like the front strut knocking on my 01 and todays 07 CR-V the strange rattles from the undercarriage at idle and low speeds. Don't get me wrong, I loved all my Hondas but the dealers need to fix the quirks or switch to selling domestics.

2007 Honda CR-V, LX
By Silver2007 on 01/03/08 13:18 PM (PST)

2007 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've driven this car for six months before deciding to write this review. Overall I'm very pleased with the 2007 CR-V. You really do get a lot of great features for the price of this base model. If you're like me you've done a lot of comparison with other makes and models in the CR-Vs range and of course went through these reviews, which for the most part are helpful. In keeping this short I won't mention everything that's available (you can get that in the vehicles "specs"). Instead I'll mention what I like and what I feel is lacking or could be improved in the sections below.

So Disappointed
By So Disappointed on 12/22/07 21:04 PM (PST)

2007 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought this as my first new car after driving it in 4 inches of snow and being very impressed at its performance there, and finding a 2007 on the lot in December. Since purchase, have been nothing but disappointed. Terrible gas mileage (21 on mostly highway), cheap radio, slow acceleration, rough ride performance, ridiculuously cheap-looking base wheels, no covered storage in front besides glove boxes, nearly-useless table between seats, uncomfortable driving position, difficulty in seat belting child in with booster seat, and much more had me looking up trade-in value in the first month. This car makes me miss my deteriorating 2000 Taurus with 110,000 miles greatly.

Love my CRV
By renee on 12/20/07 11:55 AM (PST)

2007 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned my 2007 CRV for about 3 months and love it. I have owned the 2 previous model styles of the CRV and this one is the best. It looks great on the interior and exterior. I have been impressed with the gas mileage esp. compared to the previous 2 models. I average 22-23mpg in town and have been averaging about 28 mpg on the interstate on long trips. I have used the AWD in the snow and on hilly gravel roads where I live in SD. The AWD appears to work rather well on the snowy roads in our area.

2007 Honda CRV
By Julie Weiler on 12/06/07 19:20 PM (PST)

2007 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I researched for about 2 months, then started searching for the perfect vehicle. I found a CRV and knew this was the car I always wanted. Great style, a Honda dependable. I bought one after looking at other makes and models,but I knew it was to be a CRV. I love the room,we're both tall, I've been getting around 25MPG, I'm not a lead foot. Love the heated seats.I read where someone thought it "putted" around and it didnt have enough horse power. I have'nt found this to be a problem at all. We bought the wood trim for the interior, which looks great. This is our fourth different model of Honda and not our last.I love the style of the exterior. I would recommend this vehecle to anyone.

Fun to Ride
By chivas12 on 12/02/07 23:13 PM (PST)

2007 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought this brand new 07 silver CRV AWD EX . Very Fun to drive. Nice interior design. Very Nice exterior design. Previous car was 03 Accord LX and the CRV has a simlar engine layout. I do most of the minor maintenace myself so its not much of a change from doing maintenace on CRV compared to Accord. Its great they re- designed the way the oil filter is attached as compared to Accord, it is not horizontal, rather vertical, so no messy oil spilling out as much when removing the oil filter. Some say the 4 cylinder is low in power. I don't drive like a nascar driver , but on the freeways, I see no lack of power when power is needed.

Test Drive One and You Will Buy One!
By Granby on 11/06/07 07:40 AM (PST)

2007 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My wife and I were in the market for a compact to mid-size SUV, so we test drove a RAV-4, a CRV, and a Murano. While we were overall satisfied with all three, I found the RAV-4 to be a tight fit for me and the Murano costs significantly more and while it has more power, it is at the cost of fuel efficiency. The CRV rides like a luxury vehicle, gets plenty of power out of its four cylinder, and gets reasonable gas mileage (a little over 23 mpg, combination driving). While my wife convinced me to go with the EX-L, the EX is very well equipped and will save you a couple of thousand.

2007 CR-V LX AWD
By JSNK on 10/30/07 18:15 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Very happy with this car. I can get 30MPG on the highway, 22 around town, and about 25 to 26 overall. Comfortable, Safe, and the AWD is a dream in the snow. Large comfy cabin, and more space than I know what to do with. Interior is much nicer than anything else I looked at. Exterior styling is a bit strange, but that's not why I bought the car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.