Used 2007 Honda CR-V SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Cr-v - Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda CR-V SUV

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Like A Lemon
By Michele Rent

2007 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Less than 10,000 miles I had to to have the rear differential worked on twice, had to replace tire pressure and master tire pressure sensors at this time, the back Windows squeak like finger nails on a chark board when rolling down, the rear hatch has to be slammed shut, causing the plastic cover above the license plate to fall off, the brakes didn't even last up to 20,000 miles, I am now on my second set of pads, I can not drive at a steady speed between the shifts of the because the car vibrates, sensor that has controls the cooling fan had to be replaced, the plastic splash gaurd under to car came apart, the drivers seat is already wearing down, sad to say but I hate to drive this car - don't buy one.

Favorite Features

The number of passengers that fit and the amount of cargo I can carry.

Solid inside and out
By kdilkington

2007 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My wife and I have owned our CR-V for over 2 years and couldn't be happier. It's perfect for running errands around town and can handle just about any New England snow storm. The gas mileage is great 22/city, 30 highway but the trade-off is less power that is most noticeable on the highway. If you're more concerned with 0-60 then you want to look elsewhere. But if you're looking for a small SUV that's priced well, gets good gas mileage and can lug around big pieces of furniture when called upon, you can't really beat this one.

Favorite Features

CD/MP3 player, instrument panel with avg gas mileage display, ride height, gas mileage. Interior feels very Audi/BMW German, which is a good thing.

Suggested Improvements

Since Honda went for fuel efficiency by only releasing it with a 4-cylinder engine, why is there no hybrid version of this car?

So Disappointed!!
By Christine

2007 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My car has 65K miles on it and it won't start. The dealer is telling me that it needs a new engine!!! I had a Honda Civic before this and never any problems. I am so upset. The warranty only covers up to 60K miles, so I am just over. I made a complaint with Honda and we will see what happens. But, buyer beware... only 60K miles on the engine and mine died at 65K. I am still in shock and I have a $16K loan to deal with now.

Favorite Features

I love the car but it won't even start!

Suggested Improvements

Quality!

2007 Honda CR-V LX AWD
By MotorStreet

2007 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The CR-V always impresses us with its practicality and ease of use. The cargo area will easily swallow 3 full size bikes or a lawn mower. It gets impressive gas mileage, without sacrificing power or size. The CR-V will hold five people in comfort. It is also nice to drive and gets the highest possible crash test ratings. The only complaint I have is that a V6 version or some other higher power version would be nice. I think the Subaru Forester is a better vehicle, but it isn't as roomy.

Favorite Features

Space, safety, gas mileage, reliability, AWD system, and value.

Suggested Improvements

It needs a more powerful engine.

People stop to ask me about my car
By gmoney

2007 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my 07 CRV in May 2008. People have stopped me at gas stations and grocery stores to ask me about my car! It is comfortable, reliable, and fun to drive. My last car was a Chevy Tracker with 4 cylinders so I was skeptical to get another 4 cylinder, but once I drove it, I noticed a huge difference. The tracker was like trying to push an elephant up a hill. The CR-V isn't like that. It doesn't zip onto the highway like a corvette, but it can get the job done with no problem and sure doesn't feel like an elephant. I love it and it's the best purchase I've ever made.

Favorite Features

My favorite features are all the extras I bought online after purchasing the vehicle. I saved a fortune on the cargo tray and cover as well as seat covers and the console.

Suggested Improvements

Center console was desperately needed for 2 reasons. One being storage, the other comfort. The armrest are way too low. I found a console on eBay and it fits perfectly and matches. The other thing I purchased was seat covers due to the light beige interior and I bought ones with pockets on the back