Used 2007 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Cr-v - Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda CR-V

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Unstable, unsafe, on grooved pavement
By norcalsteve

2007 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought the car 2 days ago, today was the first time on our lousy Hwy 101 in Santa Rosa, Ca. BUT - wherever you drive this car, if the pavement is grooved, usually a concrete road, or if there are a lot of cracks running the direction of travel, this car will be unstable. It's like the rear wheels are loose, it's annoying, I think it's unsafe, when you have many lanes of travel, and it's hard to keep the CRV in it's own lane. I travel this road all the time, my other vehicles do not act this way. And - all the Honda service department says it's the tires, and nothing can be done about it. Great, when I get sideswiped by another vehicle then what? Blame the tires !

Favorite Features

The look of it.

Suggested Improvements

Make this car safe to drive !!!!

Not happy with my purchase
By Matahari

2007 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned two Honda's before this purchase. This is the first CR-V. I am not happy with it and will replace as soon as possible. The interior is cheap, there are issues with the differential that I learned have been an issue for quote some time. Now with only 22,000 miles I have to replace all 4 tires. Never had any trouble with my Honda Accord's. Should have bought another one! Miles isn't as good as I thought either. Drove terrible in the snow and ice.

Favorite Features

NONE

Suggested Improvements

I believe a more comfortable interior material and design layout should be considered. Also, some attention should be given to fixing the rear differential problem once and for all.

My 2007 CRV EX
By r_man20001

2007 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased my certified new with 25K miles. I loved it and have been happy with it but have had reliability issues. My air conditioner failed and had to be replaced and the locking modulator has failed along with a door lock and my routine maintenance visit to the dealer yielded new struts. I'm just at 77K miles with regular maintenance so thumbs down.

Unimpressed
By jtulin

2007 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The seats are uncomfortable, handling and ride are poor. I am having problems with the rear differential. In the rain the when the front wheels lose traction the rear wheels suddenly kick in and the car jerks. This is very disconcerting, not a well designed AWD system.

Favorite Features

size easy to park SUV

Suggested Improvements

if you want a quality car look elsewhere!

Reliable and practical
By mavy

2007 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought brand new in July 2007. The pros are that it has been very reliable. It has only needed routine maintenance. The only thing that has malfunctioned has been the windshield wipers (they go off on their own sometimes and won't turn off!). Acceleration isn't THAT fast but I did not buy this car for its power. Gas mileage has probably been around 20 mpg overall. Happy with the cargo space. Fits stroller and grocery bags and more!

Favorite Features

Plenty of room for us (2 adults and a toddler). Touchscreen navigation is nice along with Xm radio and the rear back up camera. Seat warmers are nice. The car is fair priced for what you get.

Suggested Improvements

Seats in the 07 are not comfortable AT ALL. If you have back pain forget it! No lumbar support. Also the cabin is pretty noisy. Voice recognition is not very good for the Navi. Only understands me 50% of the time. 6 CD changer being the middle on floor and having to take out to insert CDs is a pain.