2007 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:
Love it!
By Tammee on 09/02/08 13:08 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is our 3rd CR-V. I LOVE the new flip up tailgate-that was the only feature I didn't like in our prior CR-Vs. The ride is smooth, it fits all of our stuff. Plenty of storage. I really like the new cover for the cargo area. I also love having a big car feel but small car gas mileage. I don't find any blind spots, I love the instrument panel, very user friendly. We love our Hondas, never had any problems with them. Can't imagine owning another small suv.

Not fuel efficient in city driving
By ghasbun on 08/27/08 20:59 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

My CR-V does fine in Highway 27 MPG but very poor in city driving, 16.25 mpg.

No more BMW
By DAVID NELSON on 08/26/08 08:53 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I had a 2002 BMW x5 for five years. I bought it new. I have never had a vehicle loaded on a tow truck as many times as the BMW. My wife bought a 2007 Honda cr-v. It was "cute". We went to Florida last winter from New England. We decided to take the Honda, because we had no confidence in the BMW making the trip without issues. During the course of the winter in fla, I became a Honda fan. The gas mileage was very acceptable. The trade-off for comfort was not that noticeable. I trusted the car. I have just sold my BMW x5, and will be buying my own Honda cr-v. It is a great value.

Trading up, blast from the past
By Happy Honda Owner on 08/23/08 21:25 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I traded in my 1995 Dodge Dakota truck for my 2007 Honda CR-V. It's been over a year since the purchase and I'm still very happy. I've owned a 1980 Honda Accord and an 1982 Civic. The CR-V reminds me of the Civic except with all the cool technology, safety equipment, and design upgrades. The handling is very smooth. I can park this thing ANYWHERE! (Unlike my old truck.) I get between 27 and 32 mpg in a mixed highway/city commute 36 miles, 5 days a week(Florida). The mpg meter really lets you see how you are driving. There was obviously a lot of thought put into the interior design of the CR-V. There is storage everywhere. Doors open wider than on other cars. Power plugs everywhere. Buy one!

Love my CR-V
By John on 07/27/08 04:56 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've had my CR-V for over a year now, and I don't think I could be more pleased with it. I find it very comfortable on long trips (up to 2 weeks / 4500 miles). Mileage has been better than expected, averaged about 30 MPG, with a couple of tanks over 31 MPG, on the 4500 mile trip with some city driving, and I've got the AWD version rated at 28! Another, 2500 mile trip was 29+ average with much driving around Austin. Ride and handling are excellent, but the tires (Bridgestones) could be better. Acceleration is very good for a 4-cyl; haven't ever really wanted for power.

Best crossover SUV!
By Clinton70 on 07/20/08 09:17 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

What is a SUV that can get the mileage of a car? The Honda CR-V is the answer. If you're not a lead foot, gas mileage is always in the 20s and can be up to and in excess of 30. An SUV where you can get sunroof, leather, and everything save for the navi under $25k. Drives and handles nice for a SUV. Wish the leather was more plush but this is probably better for long term drives and for your back. Center console is nice. As is three power outlets. Plenty of storage compartments. Can't go wrong with this car. It is consistently a value holder and a reliability champ! Two wheel drive is all you need unless you live in a ski resort or next to the Great Lakes.

Unusual noises
By Tom on 07/19/08 11:18 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

It makes loud brake noises, especially at low speeds. In addition, I hear the chip noises go on and off every time I accelerate the car. I don't think my next car is a Honda again.

The best Honda yet
By BillC on 07/08/08 11:32 AM (PDT)

2007 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

The new CR-V is a pleasure to own as well as drive. I've owned it for over a year and still look forward to driving it. I get up to 32 mpg on the highway.

Nice for a smaller SUV
By Midwest on 06/25/08 15:16 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have enjoyed it over the past year. It rides well and has tight steering. Brakes are a bit sensitive. The only problem I have had is a burning rubber smell from the rear wheel well on the passenger side when driving through the mountains and have actually seen smoke once. I see others have had the same problem under different road conditions but know one knows why this happens.

Nice little SUV
By Dana on 06/13/08 12:59 PM (PDT)

2007 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We bought this little guy to replace our 1992 Accord wagon (totaled from behind!), and it's been a pleasure driving it. The leather interior is very comfortable and of high quality. The only thing I'm *not* keen on is the lack of ability to "punch" the gas when you need a sudden acceleration (and in Miami, which has more idiot drivers per capita than most other cities, this is a *must*). You can give it a slow push and it will accelerate relatively well, but if you try to punch it, it just kind of dies. I guess that's what you get with a 4 cylinder engine: you trade a little bit of safety for fuel economy.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.