Used 2007 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Cr-v - Consumer Reviews

2007 Honda CR-V

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

First Honda
By updating

2007 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Our Honda now has 53k and is over two years old. I don't understand the reviews stating poor performance. Ours has plenty of pickup. This isn't supposed to be a sports car. For the purpose of design, it's hard to beat. The CRV would not get 30mpg with a V6. Better mileage than a Subaru Outback. The gearing is so good that power levels remain more than adequate. I'm an ex-race car driver/ power enthusiast. The front brakes rattle on our dirt road. Rear pads needed replacing at 35k, tolerances too close causing corrosion and sticking with winter driving. Don't like center console. Front brakes still factory and otherwise, oil and filters only. Good snow performance with four studded winters.

Favorite Features

Body style (other than grille), modern look and most of all, the gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Grille styling is quite ugly. The rest of the look is great. Center console should be stationary. Folding option causes rattles and less usability. Rear brakes need more tolerance for northern winter driving and corrosion issues.

My wife loves it, I think it's ok.
By AP

2007 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We purchased the 2007 model in 2006. It was between the RAV4 and the CRV. We chose the CRV and the 4WD for the snow. We had a big snow storm the first year and it did as good as my Toyota T100 4x4 truck. We had the rear Diff problem and had it replaced, got free 100k 7 year warrant for our trouble (and the fact that the dealer didn't believe us the diff was grinding). We now have about 45k miles on it, the tires are still ok, one is making noise probably the one that ran over an nail and was repaired. It seems the seats were wearing out quick at first, but seem ok. We got the big rubber Honda floor mats that really do keep the car clean. So far so good, after over 2 years, we love it.

Favorite Features

Rear doors open wide, rear seats slide forward for more cargo room. I like how the 5 Speed automatic shifts, it's really smooth. I love the blue led light near sunroof controls that no one can explain what it is, but keeps me warm inside knowing it will glow for many more years.

Suggested Improvements

2.2L CDTI Diesel Option for more power and fuel economy. Manual transmission for more reliability and fun to drive factor.

This Will Be My Last Honda!!!
By jcwouts

2007 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We have about 65 km's on it. First off paint quality is garbage, the hatch has been repainted once already because of rust around the license plate trim. The car is full of rock chips, my sister's '05 Civic had the same paint issues! Had the rear diff fluid changed 3 times at 3 diff Honda dealerships as a 'precautionary service'. They refuse to admit there is a problem. RIDICULOUS!! Still makes a noise! Rear pads and rotors replaced at 45km's! Sometimes the car won't even crank over on the first try. My 94 Accord winter beater has 300km's and has never had any serious issues. Honda better wake up and do something fast because they are losing very loyal customers. They lost us!! Time for a Subaru.

Favorite Features

Nice ride, good mileage for its size, awesome in the winter with a good set of snows, comfortable interior.

Suggested Improvements

Rear Diff, Customer service, brake design, paint quality - should not have to pay a Honda price tag for poor paint quality.

So-So CR-V
By HondaFan

2007 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my V new in 07'. It's been a good car with it's versatility, roominess and comfortable on trips and great road manners. But it has had some problems; engine replaced, drive pulley replaced, constant high pitched squeal with AC on at low fan speed (found TSB for- let's see if dealer will honor), and several squeaks and rattles. I've owned other Honda's, including a V, which is still in the family w/ 189K miles, but I don't think this one will last as long. I'm def. looking to trade it in already. I'm not saying people shouldn't buy the CR-V, but I would advise not to expect the same longevity as previous Honda models.

Favorite Features

Comfortable ride and comfortable seats, stock stereo, AUX jack, space, exterior design, and reclining rear seats.

Suggested Improvements

Either improve gas mileage, or improve power. The vehicle is terribly slow, AND gas mileage is not great. Also, reduce the Torque Management at WOT from a stop. Terrible lag at take off under heavy throttle.

Consumer Beware
By Deb

2007 Honda CR-V LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car for the long haul. What Honda fails to tell anyone is they installed a faulty rear differential and rear suspension and that is why the tires wear out by 20,000 miles. Dealerships and main office refuse to fix this problem and your complaints fall on deaf ears. I'm sorry to say the problem still exists in the newer models as well! I'm dumping this car asap and will NEVER own another Honda again.

Favorite Features

Nice roomy interior.

Suggested Improvements

CORRECT REAR DIFFERENTIAL AND REAR SUSPENSION PROBLEMS ON YOUR CRVS!!!