Used 2007 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Honda 2007 CR-V EX 4 door SUV
By anna

2007 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my 2007 CR-V in 2007 after doing my research on small SUVs and I found this one was so much better than all of the others out there. The mileage was not what they said it would be and the road noise is heard even with the windows up. I have had it for 2 years and I use it for work and around town travel and at 47,000 miles I have to replace the tires already.

The dash board features are good. Having the radio buttons on the steering wheel helps out while driving. I get a lot more cargo room than what I expected it even surprised my husband.

The center console could be evened out to align with the front seats so it doesn't stick out too much into the back seat area. Better gas mileage and more soundproofing. More audio jacks and better tires would be great.

I love my CRV
By JulieG

2007 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this vehicle after I totaled my Pontiac Grand Prix. I did some review but not much on the CRV. I really was looking for a 6CYL not a 4CYL. I was in a training class and driving this beater around when I walked in to Honda. I test drove it and purchased it that day. It saved my life in 11/2007 on Thanksgiving when I hit a deer on a highway going 65MPH. I was pregnant at the time. Everyone was safe but shaken up. I was able to drive home from that accident. The car was repaired and looks completely new. I drive 68 miles a day to/from work. I get 23-25mpg depending on how aggressive I drive.

Love the storage capacity. We have a cottage and can load the whole car up with everything - stroller, cooler, clothes, bedding, etc with no problem. Love the color of mine with is glacier blue. Love the mpg I get from this suv. Love to hear the compliments from my friends.

Make the gas tank bigger so I don't have to fill up one per week. :-)

Needs more power
By Don

2007 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I must say that over all I am happy with the CRV. It is the first SUV my wife and I have owned. The cargo space is great and rear seats are easy to fold down. I did have to replace the tires at about 25,000 miles, but my main complaint is the lack of power. I wish Honda would put the 4 cylinder engine from the Acura TSX in this car.

Navi system and cargo room

replace the current engine with the Acura TSX engine.

First Honda
By updating

2007 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Our Honda now has 53k and is over two years old. I don't understand the reviews stating poor performance. Ours has plenty of pickup. This isn't supposed to be a sports car. For the purpose of design, it's hard to beat. The CRV would not get 30mpg with a V6. Better mileage than a Subaru Outback. The gearing is so good that power levels remain more than adequate. I'm an ex-race car driver/ power enthusiast. The front brakes rattle on our dirt road. Rear pads needed replacing at 35k, tolerances too close causing corrosion and sticking with winter driving. Don't like center console. Front brakes still factory and otherwise, oil and filters only. Good snow performance with four studded winters.

Body style (other than grille), modern look and most of all, the gas mileage.

Grille styling is quite ugly. The rest of the look is great. Center console should be stationary. Folding option causes rattles and less usability. Rear brakes need more tolerance for northern winter driving and corrosion issues.

My wife loves it, I think it's ok.
By AP

2007 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We purchased the 2007 model in 2006. It was between the RAV4 and the CRV. We chose the CRV and the 4WD for the snow. We had a big snow storm the first year and it did as good as my Toyota T100 4x4 truck. We had the rear Diff problem and had it replaced, got free 100k 7 year warrant for our trouble (and the fact that the dealer didn't believe us the diff was grinding). We now have about 45k miles on it, the tires are still ok, one is making noise probably the one that ran over an nail and was repaired. It seems the seats were wearing out quick at first, but seem ok. We got the big rubber Honda floor mats that really do keep the car clean. So far so good, after over 2 years, we love it.

Rear doors open wide, rear seats slide forward for more cargo room. I like how the 5 Speed automatic shifts, it's really smooth. I love the blue led light near sunroof controls that no one can explain what it is, but keeps me warm inside knowing it will glow for many more years.

2.2L CDTI Diesel Option for more power and fuel economy. Manual transmission for more reliability and fun to drive factor.