Used 2007 Honda CR-V SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Cr-v - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Very Disappointed
By johndoe

2007 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Well, my girlfriend and I were all excited to drive the new CRV. It looked so cool with the new design. Of course we expected the reliability and all the nice interior amenities. We were sadly disappointed and we did not let our original anticipation blind us, as some have. Cardboard thin and awkward "captain's chairs" in the front. Skinny bench seats in the back. Hated the missing middle console, and combined with the "captain's chairs" made us feel like we were floating around. No powerseat adjustments in any trim level. Really small gauges and a noisy and wimpy 4cyl. engine sealed it's fate.

Favorite Features

Nice looking exterior design.

Suggested Improvements

Add an interior like in the Accord. Get rid of the annoying space between front seats. It can only be for pocket books. Power adjustable and comfortable seats without annoying skinny armrests.

My CR-V
By Honeybunny

2007 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased the CR-V less than a month ago and I love it. The car is very roomy, especially in the back row. I had three of my guy friends in there and they were pretty comfortable. I used to have a Corolla and parking was easy, but the CR-V can be pretty tough on small parallel parking, if you have the extra $2000, get the back up system with nav. The heated seats are pretty nice. Gas from the three weeks we had it mileage is so so but not bad, just don't rev the car too much because it kills the mileage.

Favorite Features

The price paid and what you get it's a great bargain.

Suggested Improvements

More color options. I originally wanted dark blue but the only interior color was black. Dark blue with black is too dark. If the dark blue came with a grey that would have been perfect.

Great car for the money
By JAF

2007 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Got the CRV LX 4WD for my wife and the baby. Nice little car - easy to drive, enough space for 2 car seats plus a small adult in the back. The car has some great little touches inside, like the reclining rear seats, folding center console, and rear doors that open almost 90 degrees. The "conversation mirror" is kind of a worthless gimmick, however. Two things surprised me, one good, one bad. First, the ride is rougher than I expected, especially in the back seat. However, the little 4 banger they put in this thing was adequate for city driving and a short trip on the highway. With two babies and 3 adults in the car I had no problem getting up to highway speed and merging safely.

Favorite Features

The seat fabric, which is not that cheap velour stuff I remember from my old Accord, and the rear doors that swing open almost 90 degrees. Makes getting a car seat in and out very easy.

Suggested Improvements

A little softer ride.

CR-V Rocks!
By axe01

2007 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Space, size, and gas mileage! Wow! I get a whopping 28MPG in mixed city/ hwy driving! This SUV is smart, sexy, and smooth. Love the XM radio. My first Honda and I am sure not my last!

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, leather, sunroof, XM, tinting in aft windows, color (Borrego Beige!)

Suggested Improvements

Driver seat powered (and cooled ~ no need for heated front seats in Florida!) Front arm rests need to be independently adjustable of the angle of the seat! Rear window lowerable. Rear hatch needs switch or lever to open from the inside.

Excellent Suv! Great Fuel Economy!
By James

2007 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I was looking to purchase a car for the last 6 months, I read reviews studied test drove etc. I spent so much time looking to find perfect car as I took such a hit on depreciation on my last car, I didn't want it to happen again. After studying and comparing the Toyota Camry, Saturn Aura and Jeep Patriot, I ran into this car. It swept me off my feet. With all the stuff I got it is pretty much the same price as the Patriot but you get the durability of this car and the great fuel economy! Right now, mostly freeway, I'm avg 28.2 mpg! Black on black is fantastic looking plus the Navigation! You can change color of navigation!

Favorite Features

Navigation (very easy to use, color changing, nice display clock on screen). Fuel economy for an SUV. Tons of room in back seat which was a great surprise, plus the seats in rear lean back! I added the rubber mats and rubber cargo in back so the is really clean and durable inside and out!

Suggested Improvements

I purchased fog lights $599 *installed* I think that should be standard. I don't like how there isn't a trunk release in car or on key, you have to open from outside. Safety issue.