Used 2007 Honda CR-V Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda CR-V - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Sweet Grocery Getter
By Mr. Incognito

2007 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Test drove the Acadia, Edge, and Equinox. Liked the CR-V best out of all based on size and value versus price and the fact that it drives just like an Accord. The car has plenty of pick up if you know how to drive a Honda. Fuel economy is great although less than advertised (EPA estimates are off anyway), but only by a mile or two. The wife loves how easy it is to load up the groceries or all the rest of our stuff when we go somewhere. I fit comfortably at 6'4" and 225 in the front seats and even in the back. Great car for the money and Honda reliability/quality to boot.

Auxillary jack for mp3 player/ipod and where it's located in the center console keeps it out of the way, the shelf for the cargo area, the quiet ride (much more than our Accord), and of course the sunroof.

Don't really have any.

Why is my gas mileage so low?
By miamigirl

2007 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have been extremely happy with my new CRV, however, I am disapointed with my actual gas mileage. I purchased the CRV over the Pilot because I believed I would receive better gas mileage. I only average about 21.4! If I would have known that I would have bought the bigger SUV.

The interior looks like a higher end SUV.

The only improvement would be to have the vehicle actually get the gas mileage on the sticker.

It's a Honda, of course it is great
By J

2007 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Just bought it a couple of weeks ago. And so far it is a really nice ride. We traded in our Civic for it. One thing I did notice and always gave low marks to is cabin noise in a Honda. This one has really low cabin noise and is peppy to boot. The overall design is appealing to the eye and that is why we chose it over the large Pilot.

The navigation, rear camera a big plus. overall styling is very much improved with a look more reminiscent or luxury SUV.

Update the navigation CD. it is from 2003! Give a little more horsepower, closer to 180hp+ is better for those high speed merging on the freeway. Ditch the 6 disc CD-changer in the center console.

Buzzing 'round town
By JTV

2007 Honda CR-V EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Most of our driving is in a suburban area of Florida. We get about 24mpg compared to the Honda van that we traded in that got 15-16 mpg. Our highway mileage is about 30 mpg. The engine makes a buzzing sound when driving around town but it disappears at higher speeds on the interstates. We wanted a 4 cyl. for economy and did not like the Toyota RAV with a spare tire mounted on the back. The Hyundai Santa Fe does not get as many mpg and we did not like the red color choice. We added backup sensors and an auto dimming rear view mirror. Dashboard is attractive with instant mpg readout and other info. However, the CRV is not as comfortable as our van was on long trips.

Fuel economy, dashboard information, fun to drive

Power driver's seat, remote electronic hatch, auto off headlights

Surprising Value
By zen

2007 Honda CR-V EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

When compared to other SUVs and crossover vehicles, the CR-V ends up a better value and cheaper than other brands. I am a returning Honda customer, purchased for the reliability and ended up getting decent fuel economy, roomy interior, pleasant ride and the ability to haul around things that won't fit in a traditional car.

Decent fuel economy, dash instrumentation and lighting, audio system is very good, theater style rear seating. The ease in which the rear hatch opens is a nice surprise, as well as the accommodations for an iPod.

Arm rests are chintzy, seating is still a little hard for most tastes. You can't get the premium electronics and navigation without leather seats.