Used 2007 Honda CR-V SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda CR-V SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Love my CR-V
By Loubaby

2007 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Love my 2007 CR-V, it's a major improvement over the 2003 EX model I also own. This CR-V ride is more comfortable, controlled and quieter. The interior design/layout is much nicer. Bought the EX-L model, the leather seats are nice, but could be a little more comfortable. The 2.4 4-cyl. engine is fine for most driving, though trying to accelerate in highway traffic to pass other cars is sacrificed. I'm averaging about 25 MPG in mixed driving, which is not bad for this class of vehicle. For all highway driving I am getting 28-29 MPG. So far very pleased with vehicle and would recommend to anyone wanting a compact SUV.

Flexible interior allows seats to fold forward for extra cargo. Didn't think I would like XM radio, but it's nice. 5-speed transmission helps quiet engine noise and improves fuel economy. Love display and controls layout, much better than previous model. Like permanent center console in EX-L model.

Like to see a V6 to get 200+ HP, my Honda Odyssey I drove for 8 years had a smooth and quiet V6 (find the 4 cylinder too noisy). Separate key and remote, also include trunk release on remote. Add heat and A/C for rear seat area. Homelink (for garage door opener) remote would be nice.

Oklahoma Square Root
By J. D. Carter

2007 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Having never owned an SUV before, I truly enjoy the driving experience of the new 2007 CR-V. To go from an 03 Civic to the 07 CR-V is nice and I love the higher view of the road.

Free XM radio for 3 months is nice. Outside body style is really nice. Leather over cloth is only way to go. 2 separate glove boxes are super. Radio control in steering is awesome. Seating for 5 is accommodating. Center console storage is great. Love the spill tray in hatchback area.

Inside slide for sunroof is cheaply designed. Folding shelf in hatchback area could be sturdier (20lb/limit is bad). Fix the cup holder problem! Ride is really bumpy. Sunvisor needs redesigning; it only folds up so far and obstructs signal lights; safety feature. MPG??

Really nice
By andy

2007 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I traded in a 2001 Subaru Outback for the CRV. The CRV is a wonderful midsize SUV. Styling, performance and handling are first rate. Standard features and the quality of the materials and build would have you think you were in a 35,000 vehicle. Only real negative is that rear seats do not fold flat. Other than that, flawless.

Storage shelf, shifter location, ride. Rear seat room and fact that rear seats recline and move back and forth.

Fold flat rear seats.

Hard to beat this vehicle!
By D F

2007 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV w/Navigation (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We were looking for a luxury SUV that was elegant on the inside and out, and one that was affordable with all the options. We looked at more expensive SUVs including Volvo XC 90, Lexus ES 330, and others, but nothing compared with the price.

Premium sound system with subwoofer, best nav system I have seen, great looks (black with fog lights tan leather). MPG 29-30 on highway, 25-26 around town. Good power, quiet sound, drives solid. Back up camera. Satellite radio, 6 disc changer.

Power seats would be nice. Fog lights should be standard. Mirrors with turn signal lights would be beneficial.

2007 CR-V EX 4WD
By jaydub

2007 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I traded in my 05 LX for this car. Love the new styling. I read through most of these postings and I can't figure out it people are driving the same car I am as I am not experiencing any of this negativity with my car. I just drove from Dallas to Nashville and averaged 28.7 mpg! Drive the speed limit and you'll see a big difference. Road noise? My 05 was much louder. I miss the picnic table, but what can you do. It's a great car.

Gas mileage; 6 disc changer; sunroof; dashboard that displays how many miles until empty, average mpg and when to change the oil. Also love the tire pressure monitoring feature (standard). It's SO quiet for a small SUV, especially since it's not a "luxury" SUV where you pay for what you get.

Put picnic table back in. It would still work with this design. Whether it's a picnic table or cargo cover, either way, it would still take up the same amount of room. The pockets under the gearshift are too far under. It should be flush all the way down to the floor, at least in my opinion.