2007 Honda CR-V LX SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Honda Cr-v - Consumer Reviews

2007 CR-V Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific CR-V model:

Sort Reviews by

Great vehicle
By Margo

2007 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have only owned it a week and love how it drives--so smooth, quiet, responsive. Can't comment on mpg yet. I like the shelf in the back versus a privacy screen that rolls. Very good looking vehicle too. I waited for this new model to come out. My daughter owns a 2004 CRV which she loves but now she is in love with mine, especially the young, sporty look, the better radio sound the 6-CD changer and the moon roof. I was also comparing the CRV to RAV4 and chose the CRV due to the new styling, big door handles inside, and hatchback. I didn't need the moon roof and would prefer back-up sensors, automatic headlights, automatic soft closing of hatch. Still it is great value for the money!

Favorite Features

The way it drives! I also like the position of the gear shift which still leaves room on the floor for my purse or a trash container. Hatchback design. Love the blue glacier color!

Suggested Improvements

Automatic headlights, electric driver seats, remote should also unlatch only the hatch, soft closing feature on hatch, include body side mouldings and fog lights on EX, softer seats, door armrest other than cloth. Widen viewing area of hatch window. Redesign curved side windows to remove blind spot.

I love my car
By ellen downing

2007 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Had the 2006 crv traded it in for the 2007 i love my car it handles awesomely and it looks great don't want to stop driving it

Favorite Features

Moon roof

Love my new car!
By AGanes

2007 Honda CR-V SUV LX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We just recently bought this car for myself to drive with my two young children. I love driving it. It gets great gas mileage. The maintenance minder is very cool.

Favorite Features

The average gas mileage reader is really nice. I like all the cup holders and all of the safety features. Lots of leg room in the back and front compared to my Civic.

Suggested Improvements

The fabric could be nicer but overall it is a great car.

Excellent small SUV
By Mike

2007 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

If you consider getting small SUV under 25,000 $ Honda CR-V is definitely worth trying out. Before buying it I checked out Suzuki Grand Vitara and Toyota Rav4 and CR-V was much better for me. The only drawaback for me is that 166 HP engine will not allow you to accelerate really fast. Also do not expect dealer to give you much discount from MSRP as they are selling very fast. In all other respects it is an excellent car.

Favorite Features

Audio System, moonroof, seating

Suggested Improvements

needs stronger engine

Great Car
By dave

2007 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Just bought on a couple days ago, really love this car, only complaint is steering wheel hides some of controls, otherwise drives real nice. Wife has an 06 CR-V side by side differences aside from body styling is smaller windows on sides, no spare on back, larger and more angled windshield. Would be nice if you could get XM on the EX instead of just EX-L. Car handles great,almost drives like a sports car.

Favorite Features

Radio controls on steering wheel, amount of space in front seats

Suggested Improvements

XM Radio option on EX and LX models, side back windows larger

Money Well Spent
By Terry

2007 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Has not been back to the dealer for any issues. This is a solid, good looking vehicle. It rides great. My wife and I really enjoy it to the point we are finding "reasons" to drive it instead of our 2005 Avalon. The new design seems upscale and sporty. Acceleration is adequate but a little more acceleration on tap when merging on the highway would be nice. Once at speed it is great. The interior,audio system and gauges are well thought out. (Wish the front seat cushions were a little longer and maybe a touch softer) Honda knows how to build a quality vehicle for the money!

Favorite Features

The instrument panel is laid out well and the are gauges are easy to read. Dash controls are easy to use. It looks good!!! Fit and finish are outstanding. The audio system sounds fine. The interior is well laid out.

Suggested Improvements

A little longer seat cushion on the front seats and maybe a touch softer cushion would be nice. A little more horsepower to go along with the sporty look. Not much else to say.. the CRV is great! Any way to get the rear seats to fold flat to give more room for hauling "stuff"?

07 CR-V New Owner
By gc

2007 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We're having our first baby and we decided to trade in our '03 civic for the new CR-V on Oct7. And OH, what an upgrade! I love the redesign. It does make heads turn. We've had 4 strangers compliment us on the road. The seats are wonderfully comfortable. We got the one that was in the showroom that had the running boards, roof rack, and fog lights already installed (We got those included). The price is definitely reasonable. You do get what you paid for. It's not a Lexus or a BMW that will have more power. BUT it definitely has the luxury feel (for me). It's one of the least expensive SUVs and we're more than satisfied with it.

Favorite Features

redesign, one click moon/sunroof, telescopic wheel, more interior seating space, Glacier Blue color!

Suggested Improvements

auto adjustment of the driver seat, a better estimate of the mpg (our city average has been 19--it should be 24/30)

Great Vehicle
By Ray V

2007 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased this vehicle one week ago and think that this is a great vehicle. The ride and quality is superb. No Flaws found thus far. The power is more then adequate knowing that it a 4 cyl. I traded my Accord V6 for this and overall I'm pleased. My first tank all around I averaged 26 MPG which is what I attained in the Accord. I would recommend this vehicle to any perspective buyer.

Favorite Features

Overall appearance, quality, XM radio, and ease of collapsing the rear seats.

Suggested Improvements

Vanity mirrors that light, heated steering wheel, and dual climate control.

Can't go wrong...
By lovemycrv

2007 Honda CR-V SUV EX 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Great vehicle. Always thought CR-V was a good vehicle, but felt the styling on the old ones were a little bit to unrefined for someone my age (mid 40's). Good power for a 4 cylinder. Fuel efficiency has not been as good as claimed (i average 25 mpg and I do about 50/50 highway/city driving). No other vehicle in this class is as practical and as good a value. Similarly equipped RAV4 would have cost me 26,000 as opposed to 23,000. Sure the Rav4 offers V6 and 3rd row seating, but why would anyone look for those things in a small SUV??? and a Rav4 equipped with those things exceeds 30,000(you can get a larger midsize SUV for that price, such as the Honda Pilot)

Favorite Features

no more spare tire on the back!! Size, handling and ride...improved refinement inside and out...mpg gauges and average indicators...Daytime running lights...audio system

Suggested Improvements

Auto-off lights (although its not likely you will leave them on..because the lock button on the remote won't work enless the lights are off)...more power adjustable seats (especially in the Ex or Ex-l models)

New CR-V
By CK in NC

2007 Honda CR-V SUV EX-L 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Just bought the new Honda CR-V and I am very satisfied with my purchase. I went with the EX-L and I love the leather-heated seats and the XM radio. I was also looking at the new Hyundai Santa Fe, but decided to go with the new CR-V, after previously owning 2 Accords and considering the difference in the MPGs. So far...LOVE IT!!!

Favorite Features

Heated seats, XM radio, conversation mirror, auxiliary input for my iPod!!!

Suggested Improvements

Maybe a vanity mirror light, a mute button on the steering wheel for the radio, power driver seat, bluetooth. I think there should have been a few more upgrades in the EX-L (top trim level.)